Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I just wanted to say.. I'm so psyched for this soon-to-be-released product! I've been on the site/checking the forums a lot recently because I read the blogs about the stuff, and I was just wondering if anyone else was anxious as I am for it. I've been on the regimen for 3-4 years now I guess (geez, it doesn't seem that long), and having the possibility of taking the whole morning part of the routine sounds too good to be true right now.

I've never gotten completely clear, probably because I don't follow the regimen as strict as I should, but I'm happy to be using it, and I'll be even happier when I get my hands on some of that new AHA formula :D

Anyway, since I haven't seen anything on the boards about it, here's a topic, any thoughts?

hey hey im pretty excited about it, i live in the uk and its almost impossible to get your hands on aha stuff so ive just had to order some rather pricey stuff on ebay. im excited about dans though because i trust his products to be good for our skin and not just trying to make a bit of money so i feel safe investing in them

does anyone know if the aha is going to function as a kind of gell that you spot treat with or if its a moisturiser substitute? and if anyone says both can you explain how something that works as a spot treatment can also double as a moisturiser as this has been confusing me for weeks!

You can use the AHA as a spot treatment, a body acne treatment, a powerfully moisturizing moisturizer that completely eliminates flakiness, or (I'm thinking) as a treatment in place of BP in the morning as I have had success doing recently. It really does a lot of different things. I don't remember being this excited about a product in a long time either. I am completely loving it myself.

I finalized the labels, so I just need to get them printed and get it filled up. Should be hopefully soonish.

is it advisable to use the aha together with bp? i'm using the bp only once nightly and it works well enough for me, and i would like to incorporate the aha into my routine for skin renewal. i'm not too sure about using it in the day, since i don't know the effect it would have on my makeup.

I was able to use it with the BP when I used it as a moisturizer. You'll want to wade into it slowly however. It is pretty powerful stuff at 10% glycolic acid.

Hey Dan, How about an update on AHA. Can you give us a week that you expect to have it available. I need to order a few things and I'm trying to include the AHA. Thanks.

Believe it or not, I'm still finalizing the label. It's a new tube size, so there's been confusion. Once the label is made I have to get it on the tubes and to the manufacturer for fill. I'm doing everything as quickly as I can. I'm running out here at my house too and I don't want to run out! :) As always I can't ever promise a date, but I'm going as quickly as I can.

Any further update bout the AHA release date?

I really cannot wait for this stuff!!

Does it still have all those sebum reducers and anti-microbials in it too?

Dan,

Is the BP at night, AHA in the morning routine still working for you?

I am also looking forward to the new AHA lotion with licochalcone :D

I'm sure that since you've picked the tube, you've chosen the volume that will be in it. What will be the size.

I know you can't really set the price until the batch is mixed and the tubes are filled. A whole raft of variables could affect the price. But I'm sure you have a target cost in mind. You could quote it as a range, or tag "ish" on the end, so no-one will hold your feet to the fire.

Just trying to decide whether wait and order your new AHA with the BP, or just get the BP, and find a locally available AHA.

Something I would like to ask Dan about...

You supposedly loved the AHA in the morning and BP at night routine, and you said you put your sunscreen on after the AHA so you don't get burnt. I play frisbee virtually every day in the sun this summer, and I haven't had SPF since using Eucerin's discontinued lotion back in the day, but with 10% AHA, I think it's time to put on some sunscreen before I end up getting skin cancer.

My question for you is: what sunscreen solution do you put over the AHA? I mean, the AHA moisturizes so I figure you wouldn't want to get a SPF lotion to put over it. When you release the AHA lotion I would be much obliged if it came with a slightly tweaked regimen, with the SPF product you use :)

Anyway, I still can't wait for it! I haven't ordered jojoba yet because I've been waiting to order it with the AHA!

^ I don't know what sunblock Dan uses, but you don't necessarily need to do AHA in the morning and BP at night like he experimented with. I use BP twice a day and use an AHA lotion as my moisturizer on top of that at night, and that keeps me from getting too sun-sensitive (though I do use sunblock during the day).

It'll be in a 6oz. tube. Feet to the fire, what price? $15-20ish. I'm making pricing a priority for next couple of days. Trying to work everything down.

I suggest Olay Complete for sensitive skin plus a few drops of jojoba for moisturizer, but after AHA I'm sure you can get away with just the Olay and don't need the jojoba. The AHA will take care of flakes.

I'm back to the regular regimen, more or less. Don't have to test any moisturizers just this second, so back on regular regimen and using AHA as nightly moisturizer. Will probably end up using the AHA 5 times a week or so 'cuz it gets a bit much every day for me. I love it though. I think this'll probably be what I do for a while--regular regimen with AHA as nightly moisturizer. My skin stays pretty much perfect this way. Not only do I not have any zits (even tiny ones), but my skin looks great.

Is there a reason you decided to stop the only AHA in the morning and BP at night regimen Dan? I am still planning on doing only AHA in the morning because it seems like it would really cut down on prep time before starting the day.

i asked dan this same question so just in case he doesnt see your post, he said that he had to go back to the full regimen because he was constantly testing new spf moisturisers in the mornings so couldnt just use the aha moisturiser. there you go!