Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
primo1

Vitamin D softgels or tablets?

I was about to buy vitamin D supplements when I noticed there were 2 kinds of vitamin D. One was tablet and the other is softgel. Is there a difference between the two? What should I get? thanks!

Softgels in general are better.

Alternatively what I do is just chew up my Vitamin D tablets--mine tastes very pleasant.

This way I know I'm actually absorbing the Vitamin D, and I'm also saving money by not having to buy the softgels.

it depends on what the fillers are in the tablet. Vitamin D is an oil, so for it to be in tablet form in itself is kind of weird. So the majority of the mass of the tablet is just filler.

it depends on what the fillers are in the tablet. Vitamin D is an oil, so for it to be in tablet form in itself is kind of weird. So the majority of the mass of the tablet is just filler.

Well the vitamin D in oil form came form fish liver oil, cod liver, etc. But from what I read, there are other sources of vitamin D such as lanolin. Maybe that's what the GNC, Nature Made, etc. use to make their vitamin D tablets.(?)

Vitamin D3 or cholecalciferol is found in foods of animal origin and is manufactured by the body when the skin is exposed to UV light. Our Vitamin D supplements are in the form of D3 and is derived from lamb’s wool (lanolin).