Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
buena

anyone tried using tretinoin and tea tree oil????

hi guysss...

just wanna ask if any one has tried using tree oil toner and tretinoin?? or have any idea about that products??

well, i tried experimenting..i know its not a good deed, but im desperate all my big zits will fade away..anyway, i did applied the toner then put the tretinoin...my face felt like its burning and i began sweating..and got headache..

i think im allergic to it!!! i ended up going to the hospital and purchased some anti allergy...

any advice or suggestions are greatly appreciated..thanks!!!!

Hi Buena, Kumusta?

Tretinoin and tea trea oil = big disaster, as you found out. Tretinoin is uber strong by itself. I'm not a big fan of topicals myself. I don't use cleansers on my face at all - I just moisturise, but then again I went on accutane. The only thing that seemed to help my cysts pre-accutane was facial steaming. It may be worth a try, but if you're getting a lot of cystic acne, I really do recommend you go to see a dermatologist.

Hi Buena, Kumusta?

Tretinoin and tea trea oil = big disaster, as you found out. Tretinoin is uber strong by itself. I'm not a big fan of topicals myself. I don't use cleansers on my face at all - I just moisturise, but then again I went on accutane. The only thing that seemed to help my cysts pre-accutane was facial steaming. It may be worth a try, but if you're getting a lot of cystic acne, I really do recommend you go to see a dermatologist.

hi there..thanks for ur reply...

well, i stopped using tretinoin and continued with tea tree oil facial wash and toner..i dont really have cystic acne but pimples that r big and sometimes wont come to a head..anyway, i started out dan's regimen 2 days ago, with the alteration of using the toner..i had 5 breakouts and i put bp on them..now, the breakouts look burnt!! i look horrible..maybe i applied much..i stopped the bp for today and will use it in lesser amount and timing..

i havent tried accutane..im afraid for the side effects it might cause..i have been seeing a derm for the past 10years and nothing worked out..my acne clears up then came back..for 2 years, i do self medication, research and experiments..i dunno if im doing the right thing..i just hope and pray each day, that everything's gonna be fine..

im happy that ur getting over with acne..all the best! :clap:

im on tretinoin , it works OK, it works on some of my pimples and others it does nothing, and i never used tea tree oil but i heard its good.

lol they pry looked burent cause the bp dried them out alot, n yea using less will help so they dont dry out so much.

good luck tho!!

I've used both, but not together. Each is pretty strong on its own, IMO. I got tea tree oil in my nose once by accident and I thought I was going to die. Not really, but it hurt like a bitch! :lol: In any case, I don't think you should use those two together unless you want to fry your poor skin off. JMHOM. ;)

Oh, and to finish answering your question, neither of those products cleared up my acne.

I've used both, but not together. Each is pretty strong on its own, IMO. I got tea tree oil in my nose once by accident and I thought I was going to die. Not really, but it hurt like a bitch! :lol: In any case, I don't think you should use those two together unless you want to fry your poor skin off. JMHOM. ;)

Oh, and to finish answering your question, neither of those products cleared up my acne.

hiya there...thanks for the reply..well, i stopped using tretinoin..i continued with tea tree oil..and began using BP..worst comes to worst..my zits look like chickenpox!!! i stopped BP again and suffered the big-red-burnt-spots as of the moment..

by the way, what products cleared up ur acne in case u didnt respond to tea tree oil and tretinoin?

hiya there...thanks for the reply..well, i stopped using tretinoin..i continued with tea tree oil..and began using BP..worst comes to worst..my zits look like chickenpox!!! i stopped BP again and suffered the big-red-burnt-spots as of the moment..

by the way, what products cleared up ur acne in case u didnt respond to tea tree oil and tretinoin?

What traditionally has worked for me is a combo of BCP and spironolactone, or just Yasmin BCP. I can't use those right now because I'm trying to get pregnant. Right now I'm trying ProActiv. It's been about 10 days, and I'm not in love with it, but I'm going to give it about a month or so before I officially give up on it. ;)