Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
bdub139

the photographer that is camera shy

photography has always been a fascination with me. i could go and take pictures all day.. so i started my own company. i used to shoot weddings . its the easiest way to make money with a camera. All day i try and make people look there best in front of the camera, being very careful not to show unattractive shots of them self's . Wheres the love? im to scared to turn the camera around and to take take a self portrait for fearing the worse.. or even when people have those little portable cameras , i use what ever is in my hands to shied my face... its funny to me that i am a photographer and i cant even stand getting a picture of myself.. i dream about one day just to not even have the problem of acne so i can have a really good photo of me. but i do think acne has served a purpose in my life.. i can really say i have more compassion for people with health problems and such. but im done looking in the dreaded mirror or the reflection of the car window as i am walking through the parking lot and seeing someone that is so far from me. this site is really a good way to sort through how you feel with such freedom of not being judge. imagine if we just talked about our acne on myspace like we do here.. you think people would except?? somtimes my friends complain about just the tiniest most little single pimple on the side of their face to of all people me.. believe it or not i would take that clear face with that microscopic zit anyday of my life... but i think we will all have our day to shine . mines coming so watch out for BDUB!!!

brian

post-74777-1208504051_thumb.jpg

post-74777-1208504051_thumb.jpg

Nice landscape shot Brian. Which SLR do you use?

I can totally relate. I really used to hate getting my picture taken, but now it doesn't really bother me at all..

Nice landscape shot Brian. Which SLR do you use?

I can totally relate. I really used to hate getting my picture taken, but now it doesn't really bother me at all..

I look terrible on pictures too. I think the last picture I had taken of myself was around 7 years ago or so. I couldn't even find one if someone asked for one, other than old school pictures at my mom's place or some ID cards. I'm 25.

Yeah I hear ya I have had acne eversince I was like 14 but it was not that bad. Last year around Thanksgiving I started getting cystic acne and it has been downhill ever since. Since Jan. I have been taking antibiotics and using a benzoyl peroxide. My face is better but I have scars now and can't stand to look at myself much less be in pictures. I have a little Kodak digital camera that I use to carry with me everywhere. That camera has been dead since November. All my friends ask me why I don't want to take a picture, why I don't have my camera. To me sure I think my skin is bad but then I see a picture of myself and it looks horrible. It makes me so sad to see pictures of myself. I think I look okay then I see a picture and it makes me feel so horrible. I am going to fill my prescirption off accutane today. I hope this works because my skin has really taken its toll on me. Here I am 26 and I want to date but my skin makes me so shy. :boohoo:

Same

If your skin has healed tho, and all you have left are scars then it's alright, it means it's not an issue anymore, you can move on:)

But I guess since you are going to use accutane it means you still get breakouts (I sure do!).

Good luck anyway, stay strong!

but i do think acne has served a purpose in my life.. i can really say i have more compassion for people with health problems and such.

Hi Brian. I can relate to your post because for many years I hated having my picture taken because of my skin. I sometimes look through my old pictures and see how bad it was and cringe. But I am sure it wasn't nearly as bad as I thought it was at the time. Everyone's their own worst judge. I too have more compassion for people because of my skin problems. People that have never had bad acne just don't understand and it's rude of them to complain about a single pimple when there's people out there suffering from really bad acne. Photography is a wonderful thing, and I think that even those with flaws can be beautiful too. If all these magazines would stop airbrushing the hell out of everyone, others wouldn't feel so bad about their own flaws. I'd be interested in seeing a picture of your skin because I probably wouldn't see it as being that bad at all :)