Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ACNE FRIGGIN SUCKS

Emu oil, does it clog pores?

Just got myself some pure emu oil for my red markes and scars. those who use it, is this oil going to clog up my pores and cause more acne breakouts?

I tried it for a week a long time ago because I had no other moisturizer and it didn't clog my pores. Just made my face shiny...btw, this is the wrong section.

ive been using emu oil for about a month and it has helped alot with my facial redness. havent noticed any change in red marks or scars yet. but it hasnt broken me out, face is still perfectly clear.

That reference states that a component of emu oil is highly comedogenic, but the article states that the combination of ingredients may somehow counteract that. It also states that they cannot state one way or the other if emu oil is indeed comedogenic or not.

For me, emu oil is not comedogenic.

That reference states that a component of emu oil is highly comedogenic, but the article states that the combination of ingredients may somehow counteract that. It also states that they cannot state one way or the other if emu oil is indeed comedogenic or not.

Hear hear, if you buy PURE emu oil, its NON-comedogenic :cool:

got to buy it pure though, the only ingredient should be emu oil

xxx

Hear hear, if you buy PURE emu oil, its NON-comedogenic :cool:

got to buy it pure though, the only ingredient should be emu oil

xxx

^ Exactly. I was speaking of 100% pure emu oil, it itself is composed of many things such as oleic acid as the poster above mentions (found also in olive oil....and olive oil is comedogenic for some!) So the whole may be non-comedogenic when combined as it is, or it may not.