Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Blart

10 yrs with acne and a regime to try and get rid!

Hi all,

Just a short story about me and my acne and how i hope to get rid of it!

I've had fairly moderate cyst acne for about 10 -15 years now (now 27), I have been on Roactutane (thats accutane in the UK i think...), that was about 10 years ago, I can't even remember if it worked or not it was that long ago! I do remember that it made my face as red as an alcoholic who only drinks ethanol after i played sport! It also gave me nose bleeds and ridiculous sunburn if I was in the sun for more that 20mins (yeah even in England!!)

When i went to uni the acne came back but only round my mouth and a bit on my cheeks, i have never been THAT bothered about it maybe thats why I have done nothing about it for a few years, it has cleared up on my cheeks and now is concentrated around my mouth.

I decided to take action as I have moved up the career ladder and have fairly important meetings and feel I can't go in with spots and have people either think i'm well young and shouldn't be there or think I don't look after myself properly (i'm sure they don't think that but hey i think they might so it drops the confidence)

I started cutting out all dairy, wheat, alcohol and taking coconut oil, garlic etc to kill candida as well as eating veggies etc, it went well for a couple of weeks then my face went balistic and now loads of little pustules and some cysts have broken out...b*stards!!

I think it is die off from killing the candida, so i have cut out the stuff that is supposed to fight it and taking candigest to kill it without the die off.

I have attached a couple of photos - this is the worse it has been for a few years so hopefully my next post will be better!

post-74858-1208454359_thumb.jpg

post-74858-1208454385_thumb.jpg

I think it looks bad, a lot worse than it has been for years so i hope it will get back to normal quickly if I eat normal things again and cut out the coconut oil and garlic till it calms down.

I told people at work about what i'm doing and the problems i am having at the moment and they are all have / had friends family going who have had similar so its means that i'm not embarrassed about it when i go into work and they are asking progress etc so all good!

anyway my regime, I know I have to cure the spots from the inside and treat them on the outside so..

breakfast - bran and fruit or museli with soy or rice dream

lunch - brown rice with veggies and maybe some chicken.

dinner - salad with some fish / chicken and broccoli

face - wash with J&J oil free cream face wash, apply some BP over the effected area, then moisterie with oil free moisteriser in moring and VIT E cream in the eveing

Also taking candigest to get rid of the candida.

Wish me well folks and please comment on good bad points or questions.

Hi all,

Just a short story about me and my acne and how i hope to get rid of it!

I've had fairly moderate cyst acne for about 10 -15 years now (now 27), I have been on Roactutane (thats accutane in the UK i think...), that was about 10 years ago, I can't even remember if it worked or not it was that long ago! I do remember that it made my face as red as an alcoholic who only drinks ethanol after i played sport! It also gave me nose bleeds and ridiculous sunburn if I was in the sun for more that 20mins (yeah even in England!!)

When i went to uni the acne came back but only round my mouth and a bit on my cheeks, i have never been THAT bothered about it maybe thats why I have done nothing about it for a few years, it has cleared up on my cheeks and now is concentrated around my mouth.

I decided to take action as I have moved up the career ladder and have fairly important meetings and feel I can't go in with spots and have people either think i'm well young and shouldn't be there or think I don't look after myself properly (i'm sure they don't think that but hey i think they might so it drops the confidence)

I started cutting out all dairy, wheat, alcohol and taking coconut oil, garlic etc to kill candida as well as eating veggies etc, it went well for a couple of weeks then my face went balistic and now loads of little pustules and some cysts have broken out...b*stards!!

I think it is die off from killing the candida, so i have cut out the stuff that is supposed to fight it and taking candigest to kill it without the die off.

I have attached a couple of photos - this is the worse it has been for a few years so hopefully my next post will be better!

I think it looks bad, a lot worse than it has been for years so i hope it will get back to normal quickly if I eat normal things again and cut out the coconut oil and garlic till it calms down.

I told people at work about what i'm doing and the problems i am having at the moment and they are all have / had friends family going who have had similar so its means that i'm not embarrassed about it when i go into work and they are asking progress etc so all good!

anyway my regime, I know I have to cure the spots from the inside and treat them on the outside so..

breakfast - bran and fruit or museli with soy or rice dream

lunch - brown rice with veggies and maybe some chicken.

dinner - salad with some fish / chicken and broccoli

face - wash with J&J oil free cream face wash, apply some BP over the effected area, then moisterie with oil free moisteriser in moring and VIT E cream in the eveing

Also taking candigest to get rid of the candida.

Wish me well folks and please comment on good bad points or questions.

hi blart...it's nice to hear from u.. :)

anyway, r u seeing a dermatologist right now?? why do u think that acne around ur mouth is caused by candida infection?? r u into antibiotics before??? well, i have read that elements in the Halogen Family (hydrogen, oxygen, nitrogen,iodine, flourine, bromine, and chlorine)can aggravate acne..why dont u checkout your toothpaste or ur mouthwash?? they contain flourine for sure..

yeah, i agree, diet plays a role in acne somehow, so be sure to eat a healthy and well-balanced diet..and good that u watch out of ur diet...

i do hope that ur face would be better soon..and oh, just add some prayer for it, it helps ease out the tension, in a way, as based on my experience...i too suffer from acne, on and off..yet, it's not the end of the world...we r on this plight!!!!!

Goodluck!!!! and have a nice day...

hi blart...it's nice to hear from u.. :)

anyway, r u seeing a dermatologist right now?? why do u think that acne around ur mouth is caused by candida infection?? r u into antibiotics before??? well, i have read that elements in the Halogen Family (hydrogen, oxygen, nitrogen,iodine, flourine, bromine, and chlorine)can aggravate acne..why dont u checkout your toothpaste or ur mouthwash?? they contain flourine for sure..

yeah, i agree, diet plays a role in acne somehow, so be sure to eat a healthy and well-balanced diet..and good that u watch out of ur diet...

i do hope that ur face would be better soon..and oh, just add some prayer for it, it helps ease out the tension, in a way, as based on my experience...i too suffer from acne, on and off..yet, it's not the end of the world...we r on this plight!!!!!

Goodluck!!!! and have a nice day...

Thanks for the reply Buena,

I have not seen a derm for a few years now, before accutane i went on anti biotics for a while, then topics etc, nothing worked till accunate, and i don't even remember if that did properly, i guess i did cause i came off it!

I think it is candida that is causing it as when i cut out the food that caused it my acne went away, it only came back (with avengence!!) when i started proactivly tring to kill it - die off effect. Also candida can florish when you have been on anti biotics for an extended peroid of time and if you drink loads of milk, eat bread etc which i did loads of!

btw, i have cleared up quite a lot since i took the photos 2 days ago, so something must be working! I will post a couple of update pics in a few days.

My collegues at work have suggested moisteriser with tea tree in, which i think I will try when the redness has gone away from this break out.

good luck with yours too, what are you doing to combat it?