Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
VirginiaC

Is this a BP allergic reaction?

I was using the BP for a good month a month or so ago. I stopped using it when I started self-tanning. That never really worked and I never went back on the BP.

Well the acne has picked up a bit and I thought I'd restart the BP. Last night I washed my face (Purpose bar soap) and applied BP to my face...

This is what is happening today:

reaction.jpg

http://i187.photobucket.com/albums/x30/Mam...ns/reaction.jpg

I suppose I'm allergic to BP now. How should I treat myself? Benadryl?

Does it itch? or is it just redness?

if you stopped for some time you might have to start back with a small amount. so if it is just redness it might be that you used too much.

It does itch and my face has gotten puffy as the day progresses. I used a dose of benadryl and zonked out fast asleep. I'm awake now and still itchy. I'll have to take another dose before bedtime.

It does itch and my face has gotten puffy as the day progresses. I used a dose of benadryl and zonked out fast asleep. I'm awake now and still itchy. I'll have to take another dose before bedtime.

It definitely sounds like an allergic reaction. Is it extremely sensitive to the itchy, burny feeling?

I just went through this with a reaction to baking soda. A bag of frozen peas wrapped in a kitchen towel was the only thing that made it bearable.

Hope you get better sooner than later.