Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

This is more of a rant then anything else but the past month I been under alot of stress and when I stress I drink and when I drink alot I break out, so I didnt show up to work for a week and now as of two days I got fired because I didnt go in due to a bad break out. Now I got a job interview today at 1 and I dont even wanna go because of this shit. I guess I need some words of encouragement from people who understand.

Don't let acne control your life. Go to the interview.

As for your stress problems, find some other way to relieve stress than drinking. Personally, I like to lay in bed and listen to music for a while.

I've never understood why people avoid work due to acne. I had the worst of the worst, and still went everyday. I wanted to get paid, fuck anyone who has a bullshit opinion. It's not like the breakout was going to fully go away in two days anyway. Not trying to come off as condescending or anything.

I had a face of pimples when I got both of my jobs, apparently it didnt matter to the employer.

I've never understood why people avoid work due to acne. I had the worst of the worst, and still went everyday. I wanted to get paid, fuck anyone who has a bullshit opinion. It's not like the breakout was going to fully go away in two days anyway. Not trying to come off as condescending or anything.

I had a face of pimples when I got both of my jobs, apparently it didnt matter to the employer.

x228373673

I hate the bullshit I read about missing work from acne. I'd rather have acne than be homeless. And it's not like missing work is helping treat your acne. You just waste a day of pay.

Come to think of it...I've never seen a homeless person with acne :think: Maybe that will be the latest acne fad diet? "From the makers that brought you the 3 day apple fast comes 'The Homeless diet©'"

If you're in the UK you should have filed self-certification sick pay, which lasts from upto a week, and you don't need your GP to sign it. (just put down flu)

That will avoid you getting sacked. Do this too many times though and they will ask questions.

I had a job interview at a school as an ICT tech, and there was 1 other candidate. I had a 1 or 2 spots and this guy was covered - severe pustules, the lot.

I had a HND, he had a Degree. He got the job.

They will only care if you have acne if you're applying to become a salesman.

if you're getting so stressed out you drink mate, i'd go see a GP - i'd rather take Valium than that nasty drug Alcohol every night (an odd pint down the pub is of course different)

oh edit, don't forget the usual, eye contact, firm voice etc. I feel like such a hypocrite when I say it because I'm a nervous wreck infront of a panel of people (give me a written techtest any day)

Edited by codeineaddict

You'll do great! If you were hiring someone, would their acne be a reason to not hire them? The only thing it'll affect is your confidence, but fortunately that's in your control.

x228373673

I hate the bullshit I read about missing work from acne. I'd rather have acne than be homeless. And it's not like missing work is helping treat your acne. You just waste a day of pay.

Come to think of it...I've never seen a homeless person with acne :think: Maybe that will be the latest acne fad diet? "From the makers that brought you the 3 day apple fast comes 'The Homeless diet©'"

Start working out, before I went to the gym I was a bit of a hot head and would snap for the slightest thing, now I'm a lost calmer.

Start working out, before I went to the gym I was a bit of a hot head and would snap for the slightest thing, now I'm a lost calmer.

ha bass! me and you are the exact same. i drink, then i break out. then it's like a downward spiral. cuz i get depressed, then i drink again. and boom. back to ground zero. i'd say, stop drinking. that's the hard part. don't worry about work, or life, or love, or friends, or blah blah blah. stop drinking. that is the single most important factor. when you sober up, watch how easy life becomes. personally, alcohol has ruined my life. but it wasn't the beer. it was my drinking problem. seriously. stop drinking and see. you'll also have less nightmares

ha bass! me and you are the exact same. i drink, then i break out. then it's like a downward spiral. cuz i get depressed, then i drink again. and boom. back to ground zero. i'd say, stop drinking. that's the hard part. don't worry about work, or life, or love, or friends, or blah blah blah. stop drinking. that is the single most important factor. when you sober up, watch how easy life becomes. personally, alcohol has ruined my life. but it wasn't the beer. it was my drinking problem. seriously. stop drinking and see. you'll also have less nightmares