Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
simplyaqua

When to use Neutrogena Healthy Skin Face Lotion

Hey Everyone,

I've been on the regimen for about a month now and I've seen pretty good results except for 1 or 2 pimples now and then. I recently brought Neutrogena Healthy Skin Face Lotion (NHSFL) spf 15 into my regimen to help with scarring and red marks. I was wondering when exactly to use it..

Should I use it 10-15 mins after applying BP (which I do twice a day)? which means I actually use NHSFL to rub the BP in..

OR

Should I just cleanse my face and use NHSFL on it?

Also, is NHSFL spf 15 safe to use at night? I can't get the night version here.

Any help would be appreciated!

I apply NHSFL about 15 minutes after I've finished applying BP, so that the BP dries and the NHSFL doesn't go on as streaky. You use it just like a normal moisturizer. You can use the SPF 15 version any time of day but the SPF is pointless at night. If you can't find the night version, no problem, just use the SPF 15 one at whatever time of day works better for you. I would not recommend using it twice a day because it can make your skin pretty sensitive and tender if you do it that often for a while, in my experience. Go easy with it at first, for sure.

i use the sfp version at night (i can't find the night version either and am not about to run all around town to try and find it.) i only use it at night and mix it in with cetaphil as the two recommended pumps aren't enough for me, and using more is just too much for my skin. i agree with cool as kim deal. take it easy with nshl, it's pretty potent. i tried using it both morning and night and it really irritated my skin. using it just at night produces awesome results too! :) good luck!

Thanks so much your replies :)

I will limit my usage of NHSFL to once a day. I read tons of reviews of this lotion on acne.org before buying it. Strangely, contrary to what most people feel, this lotion did not irritate my skin that much, leave alone peeling! Maybe its bcoz I've been on the regimen for more than a month. When I apply NHSFL on BP after it has dried for about 15 mins, the lotion stings a little.

But when I use NHSFL simply after cleansing, it doesn't sting at all! Thats why I've been using it twice a day without worrying at all. But what exactly does 'making skin sensitive' mean? Will it harm my skin in the long term or something? Coz thats scary :(

Thanks again!

the same thing happens to me sometimes (not all the time though.) every once in awhile when i apply nhsl after bp it will sting. this usually means my skin is dried out though. i used to use nhsl twice a day and my face always hurt. nhsl has a pretty strong concentration of aha in it, a chemical exfoliant. because it's speeding up the skin's natural shedding process, if you use too much or too often, you're skin gets irritated, or "sensitive." it doesn't hurt your skin to exfoliate, but you want to be careful and reduce usage if you start getting irritated.

I'm getting ready to try Neutrogena Healthy Skin myself pretty soon, and have already bought the bottle, waiting to pick my moment to try it. This thread was very helpful to me, as I had similar questions. Thanks, guys! :D

Thank you, thank you! I just started using NHSFL twice a day after being on the regimen for 3 weeks. It worked great to cut out the flaking but my skin is stinging! I've only been using it for a couple of days, so I wasn't sure what was going on. I will reduce to once a day and use the Acne.com moisturizer the alternate times. Thanks for the info.

Stacy

I apply NHSFL about 15 minutes after I've finished applying BP, so that the BP dries and the NHSFL doesn't go on as streaky. You use it just like a normal moisturizer. You can use the SPF 15 version any time of day but the SPF is pointless at night. If you can't find the night version, no problem, just use the SPF 15 one at whatever time of day works better for you. I would not recommend using it twice a day because it can make your skin pretty sensitive and tender if you do it that often for a while, in my experience. Go easy with it at first, for sure.