Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
DavyBoy93

How AHA works exactly?

I have been reading around that AHA is good as a spot treatment for the Regimen I was just wondering why this would be a good spot treatment. In other words what makes this work on acne. does anyone have an answer or it just works and w/e.

If someone could just explain the mechanics of AHA that would be grand.

I have been reading around that AHA is good as a spot treatment for the Regimen I was just wondering why this would be a good spot treatment. In other words what makes this work on acne. does anyone have an answer or it just works and w/e.

If someone could just explain the mechanics of AHA that would be grand.

AHA speeds the renewal process up of your skin and takes care of the dead skin cells from getting into your pores. I use it every night before I go to bed and it works great. I don't recommend using it during the day because it makes your skin more prone to the sun for sun burn. I don't use it for spot treatment, I apply it all over my face because it's very good for the skin but be sure to start out every other night because it will sting when you first start using it but that only lasts for a few minutes and goes away after your skin becomes familiar with it. I recommend the souffle from www.alphahydrox.com

I have used AHA before in fact i own many products containing it including the product you recommended. I just never used it as a spot treatment but w/e. Thanks for your replies.

Just wanted to add this - AHAs can make your skin more sensitive to the sun and increase the possibility of sun damage/sunburn whether you apply it during the day or at night. Always protect your skin with a good, broad-spectrum sunscreen.

I would like to add that a gentle AHA Toner can be an excellent product to use.

It makes your face all smooth in terms of colour.

I used to have patchy skin with red parts here and there. Now it's 99% normal looking and I love my progress.