Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
NdnRomeo

Finally after 10 years with acne, I am 100% clear with diet! Regimen included.

wow congratulations on the wedding ;)

marrying at a pretty young age.

I guess you are in tough situation... accutane is probably the quickest way to eliminate acne temporarily, so that is a good choice.

i just started this regimen yesterday and couldn't stand the taste of EVOO on my food!

out of suspicion i poured the 2 tablespoons of EVOO in a glass and topped it off with enough red gatorade that was chuggable. i kept stirring the drink until i was ready to drink it so the oil didn't separate to much, and surprisingly i couldn't taste the EVOO.

just thought I would share my way of getting in my daily dose of EVOO :whistle:

Well, yesterday was the first day of week 9. Things are still going good for me. I haven't gotten a new inflamed pimple this week *Cross my fingers* Two of my comedomes are going away on my forehead. And the couple of pimples I got last week are almost completely gone.. so I'm pretty happy.. I'll keep you updated on weeks to come.

im worried about the fat content in evoo.....

1 serving is about 22% daily value. i know it has mono-saturated fat. but how does that all work out with the body? Isn't that still a lot of fat to be taking everyday in 4 servings?

someone please explain, I couldn't find anything on the net when searching about taking alot of evoo everyday :think:

well i've been doing this for a while, a little half-assed for some of the time but my acne has gotten worse. i dont think it is because of the supplements but at the same time i do not believe that they help me that much.

i mean even if i was half-assing some of the time i would expect to at least see my acne stay constant not get worse.

opinions...i was on the regimen for about 2 months. should i stick it out ?

i just started this regimen yesterday and couldn't stand the taste of EVOO on my food!

out of suspicion i poured the 2 tablespoons of EVOO in a glass and topped it off with enough red gatorade that was chuggable. i kept stirring the drink until i was ready to drink it so the oil didn't separate to much, and surprisingly i couldn't taste the EVOO.

just thought I would share my way of getting in my daily dose of EVOO :whistle:

wow u totally took the whole idea of this diet backwards.

you are supposed to be eating right, sugars are horrible for your skin

so downing EVOO with gatorade is the dumbest thing,

thats like eating candied broccoli its completely backwards.

Well, today is week 10, unfortunately im still getting a couple pimples through out the week.. but I've seen more improvement with this so I'll keep it for another month in a half or so, maybe even longer.. maybe I just need to find something topically that works better for me... who knows.. My family has commented though how much my skin has improved. I have noticed too.. over the summer my redmarks have faded so they are barely noticable in some places.. I can't wait till they are all gone.

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to give an update on how everything is going with me. It's been about 3 weeks since I was Romeo's regimen. I haven't seen much improvement, but will continue longer and hope for the best.

Hope77

For me cod liver oil seems to break me out and makes my complexion more scaly, so i don't use this.

I'm not sure if the Cod liver oil breaks me out, but it totally makes my skin greasy and oily... I really want a good substitute for this good oil...

Well, today is week 11. Things are still going pretty good. I still got a couple zits this week, but I think a lot of it was becuase I started using something new topically. I decided to kinda of change up my regimen again by not using Dan's AHA+ for a lilttle while (maybe I'll try it again later) and instead incorporating 100% Tea Tree Oil and mixing it with my jojoba oil to help with bacteria which should help with the couple of pimples I'm getting a week. I'm still contemplating Trying Avon's Renew Rejuvinating Cream thing.. we will see how this week goes.

Hi. I'm very thankful for your regimen.

I am gathering all the nutrition pills you posted,

but I have a probelm with Carlson's fish oil.

I've heard that Carlson's fish oil is one of the best fish oil around

but then I've purchased it and I just couldn't stand its fishy taste, so it's now

just sleeping in my room...funny that it doesn't smelly fishy at all but the aftertaste

was just unbearable for me..

so I've searched and found "Ultra Omega 3"

http://www.bodybuilding.com/store/now/ultra3.html

it's enteric coated, so i guess it shouldn't taste so bad..

this doesn't look like a high quality product like carlson's,

but it's mercury free and EPA+DHA is 750,

so i'm wondering if two pills of this product could replace

carlson's fish oil for your regimen..since calson's have epa+dha 1350

and since i've never tried cod liver oil, i'm wondering if it has any smell or taste..

Can I just get fish oil or salmon oil or cod liver oil in the pill form- say from walgreens?

like any of those...

Or do I need Carlsons/twin labs liquid fish/cod liver oil...

thanks!

someone help please- are the fish oil pills or capsules the same as the liquid- or at least comparable

and looking at costs it seems to be pretty expensive- or am i wrong

someone help please- are the fish oil pills or capsules the same as the liquid- or at least comparable

You should be fine taking fish oil pills. Go to walmart and buy a bunch. But you do need cod liver oil in liquid. If you can't find any take a vitamin A supplement a day and raise the fish oil amount as well as taking one extra calcium + D supplement to get all of the vitamin D your body needs daily in case you don't go out much.

Whatever you decide to do let me know and I can advice you to take exactly how much

You should be fine taking fish oil pills. Go to walmart and buy a bunch. But you do need cod liver oil in liquid. If you can't find any take a vitamin A supplement a day and raise the fish oil amount as well as taking one extra calcium + D supplement to get all of the vitamin D your body needs daily in case you don't go out much.

Whatever you decide to do let me know and I can advice you to take exactly how much

thanks a lot romeo- Im outside quite a lot (i play soccer outside everyday)- so Idk if I need the calcium + vitamin D. can you recommend exact brands/products I should get for fish oil/cod liver oil- i know it was in here before just cant find it. also can i get cod liver oil at like walmart or walgreens? thanks!

does anyone know if its ok to just drink the EVOO instead of mixing it with foods ?

and when you posted about the facial regimen what do you mean by 'Purpose Cleanser' what is that ?

andddd where do you get complex 15 ?? can i pick it up at a grocery store or something

does anyone know if its ok to just drink the EVOO instead of mixing it with foods ?

and when you posted about the facial regimen what do you mean by 'Purpose Cleanser' what is that ?

andddd where do you get complex 15 ?? can i pick it up at a grocery store or something

You can drink the olive oil, but if it's not super high quality it'll burn your throat for a few seconds. Not harsh, but just a little acidic. Like a little bit of pepper added to the oil. The expensive stuff doesn't do that, but it's cheaper to just mix it with your food. Or you could chase it.

I think Purpose cleanser and Complex 15 are things you can buy at Walgreens or something...it's in one of the pages in this topic.

You can drink the olive oil, but if it's not super high quality it'll burn your throat for a few seconds.

Actually, that's not true.

The burning sensation is due to the higher oleic acid content in the olive oil. Oleic acid comprises roughly 50-80% of the oil and is the part reponsible for reducing blood pressure.

Thus, the high quality olive oil is supposed to give your throat a slight burn.

You can drink the olive oil, but if it's not super high quality it'll burn your throat for a few seconds.

Actually, that's not true.

The burning sensation is due to the higher oleic acid content in the olive oil. Oleic acid comprises roughly 50-80% of the oil and is the part reponsible for reducing blood pressure.

Thus, the high quality olive oil is supposed to give your throat a slight burn.

Huh. Well that's good to know - thank you for your post. Here's a link that also talks about the burning: http://community.wddty.com/blogs/adverse_r...-olive-oil.aspx

And here: http://www.oliveoilsource.com/tasting.htm

I guess I just prefer the taste of milder (or "sweet" as described in the olive source website) olive oil, lol (but still extra virgin). The $40 bottles sure are good though - maybe I just pick the right kind for my palate.

I also noticed that bitterness is in both the desired and undesired columns. It might be that the more expensive stuff has less of the "bad bitterness" and more of the good kind, and it can more "peppery", which is the characteristic of the throat burn or cough.

Edit: I fixed the first link.

TO NDNROMEO :D HI THERE!

First of all I would love to say wow! All this information is so interesting...I'm new to this site and I read all these posts NDNROMEO for hours today! I'm not kidding. Anyways, I just came from the drug store and bought everything like you suggested expect the calcium and the vitamen E. The reason why is because I'm on herpanacine which has these ingredients:

Vitamin A 250%

Vitamin E 333%

Selenium

L Lysine

L Tyrosine

Astragalus root

Dandelion root

Sarsaparilla root

Echinacea

Ligustrum berry

Calcium sulfate

Magnesium stearate

Titanium dioxide

Ok, so do you think thats its ok to take your regimen with these pills as well? I'm been suffering for acne for years, I hate it! I'm also on proactive and I just want something to work for me...I'm in my late 20's so its not like I'm a teenager anymore! I have so much hope that your regimine will work for me...I'm going to keep posting on how things are going...please let me know of what you think with the herpanacine ingredients..It would be very appreciated...good luck to every acne sufferer trying this and lets all keep our progress posted!

TO NDNROMEO :D HI THERE!

First of all I would love to say wow! All this information is so interesting...I'm new to this site and I read all these posts NDNROMEO for hours today! I'm not kidding. Anyways, I just came from the drug store and bought everything like you suggested expect the calcium and the vitamen E. The reason why is because I'm on herpanacine which has these ingredients:

Vitamin A 250%

Vitamin E 333%

Selenium

L Lysine

L Tyrosine

Astragalus root

Dandelion root

Sarsaparilla root

Echinacea

Ligustrum berry

Calcium sulfate

Magnesium stearate

Titanium dioxide

Ok, so do you think thats its ok to take your regimen with these pills as well? I'm been suffering for acne for years, I hate it! I'm also on proactive and I just want something to work for me...I'm in my late 20's so its not like I'm a teenager anymore! I have so much hope that your regimine will work for me...I'm going to keep posting on how things are going...please let me know of what you think with the herpanacine ingredients..It would be very appreciated...good luck to every acne sufferer trying this and lets all keep our progress posted!

Wow, I can't believe no one has responded to you yet. I don't know what happened to NdnRomeo, so I'll try to answer your questions.

If you're on herpanacine than you don't need to take vitamin E supplements, and please be aware that you should NOT take the cod liver oil either. Cod liver oil naturally has a high level of vitamin A, so you would risk overdosing if you're already taking vitamin A in your herpanacine. Take more fish oil to replace it. I can't tell by your post how much calcium is in there.

The problem with combining various methods is that you won't know which part is working. How long do you need to be on herpanacine? Following this nutritional method definitely won't harm you while you're taking that pill, but it'll be hard to distinguish what's happening.

I'm also in my 20s (female) and stopped using Proactiv because of the chemicals. Proactive helped clear up most of my acne, but my skin looked like pale leather and smelled awful. I did not want to be reliant on those chemicals the rest of my life. You might want to check out other posts on how to wean yourself off of benzol peroxide products. This nutritional method has a definite effect on oil production and natural exfoliation, so Proactiv might not be too helpful.

Good luck with everything!

Edit: The Cod Liver oil also has vitamin D (and some vitamin E), which is part of NdnRomeo's regimen. If you're only going to eat fish oil and you don't get at least 15 minutes of sunshine each day, you might consider taking vitamin D supplements.

Hi

I'm looking through the list of supplements, and two things prove rather difficult to source, namely both liquid forms of fish oils.

I found a somewhat reputable brand sold here in Singapore (http://www.ttshpharmezy.nhg.com.sg/scripts/ttsh_category.asp?catID=20702&item=2201), but am at a loss as to whether it actually contains enough EPA DHA for this regime?

Secondly, I'm currently still unable to find brands of liquid fish oil. Is it possible/adviseable to have cod liver oil replace fish oil instead? My last option would be to buy online and ship it from the states, but that would be very costly to say the very least.