Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
NdnRomeo

Finally after 10 years with acne, I am 100% clear with diet! Regimen included.

I wonder if i can take antibiotics and do this diet for a few weeks then quit the antibiotic...

Kannie -

It seems like you could do this diet with the antibiotics. Anyone else have an opinion? They don't seem mutually exclusive to me. Regarding quitting:

Be careful with the antibiotics. I don't know if the following applies to acne antibiotics so you should ask your doctor; but this is what happens for the regular kind (like when you have strep throat):

If you're given a prescription, you shouldn't stop early. The nature of antibiotics is that they kill a ton of bacteria, but if you don't take the whole prescription, you end up being left with only the strongest resistant bacteria, which then multiply, leaving you with a hardcore army to fight. This can often cause problems later down the line, or with something like step throat, your illness would come back.

Again, I don't know if this applies to acne antibiotics. However if you read the forum posts on it, you'll find that there are some other side effects like possible yeast infections or candida overgrowth. That's because antibiotics kill all the "good" bacteria in your body that are supposed to keeps things balanced.

Hope that helps!

clearing, but not totally clear. i've found that it was pretty good after 3-4 weeks, and has stayed pretty good since. let me know of any updates with everyone else.. thanks

clearing, but not totally clear. i've found that it was pretty good after 3-4 weeks, and has stayed pretty good since. let me know of any updates with everyone else.. thanks

Same here. I'm clearing and seeing improvement, but I'm still not compleletly clear. But, I'm still on week 7.

I'm curious, some of you that are doing the regimen how old are you guys? does anyone know how old ndnromeo is?

I've just started the regimen and will keep track of it on the blog on this site so check it out if you want to

19. romeo is like 26 or something, which isn't too comforting as he could have, in all likelyhood, grown out of it. he seems pretty adament about getting everyone he can to try this out, and has a ton of confidence in the regimen. i just want the research about cell turnover and correcting vitamin defficiencies. taking 3-4 months seems strange...romeo, when you get this, if you could post any info that'd be great. thanks man.

Hey Romeo,

What do you think of this?

You need to get a good broad range of quality fats. The best and cheapest formula I know that does this is called the Total EFA.

http://www.absoluteacneinfo.com/fats.html

If we do not take any Omega-6 fats, then it's just as bad as not taking Omega-3's. I know a lot of food contains Omega-6, but I may be lacking it compared to the omega-3's because I don't normally eat nuts, beef, cakes etc.

Do you think it would be fine to try the Total EFA containing Omega 3, 6, 9, instead of the fish oil?

I'm in week 2, getting better but not clear yet. Well NdnRomeo said that he was going to India, so it'll be very interesting to see how his skin handles the humidity there.

I know for a fact that when I went to Costa Rica three years ago, my skin went C-R-A-Z-Y.

Horrible, horrible acne. It also was like 100 times oilier than normal.

So I hope that the supplements will help him. I guess he will report when he is back.

Hey Romeo,

What do you think of this?

You need to get a good broad range of quality fats. The best and cheapest formula I know that does this is called the Total EFA.

http://www.absoluteacneinfo.com/fats.html

If we do not take any Omega-6 fats, then it's just as bad as not taking Omega-3's. I know a lot of food contains Omega-6, but I may be lacking it compared to the omega-3's because I don't normally eat nuts, beef, cakes etc.

Do you think it would be fine to try the Total EFA containing Omega 3, 6, 9, instead of the fish oil?

Its fine, I used the brand Health from the Sun total EFA (with the lignans) for the past 3 years.

Its fine, I used the brand Health from the Sun total EFA (with the lignans) for the past 3 years.

Great. Thanks a lot, I was actually going to buy that brand.

btw jodiat, I have a question.

They sell 2 kinds of the Total EFA by Health from the Sun. One with fish body oils, and the other without but WITH lignans like yours. Are you using the one without fish oils?

Fish oils tend to make me oily, but I am taking the Cod Liver oil. Do you think it'll be fine if I omit the fish oil in the Total EFA?

Also, what are the benefits of lignans?

Great. Thanks a lot, I was actually going to buy that brand.

btw jodiat, I have a question.

They sell 2 kinds of the Total EFA by Health from the Sun. One with fish body oils, and the other without but WITH lignans like yours. Are you using the one without fish oils?

Fish oils tend to make me oily, but I am taking the Cod Liver oil. Do you think it'll be fine if I omit the fish oil in the Total EFA?

Also, what are the benefits of lignans?

I have used Carlsons codliver oil and HFTS Total EFA with the codliver oils. The thing with all codliver oils is I cant stand the taste of it and the after taste hours later. Ive found the very best results is with the one with lignans. Its balanced and even tho its has short chains Omega 3 these can be made into longer chains by the body. All I can say is give it a try and use it alone for a month or so and see what you find.

The lignans are a phytoestrogen these have weak Estrogen type properties and the will hover arround hormone receptor sites. They can replace more dangerous forms of Estrogen (even types made from the body). Progesterone and Estrogen need to be balanced so lignans can help lower Progesterone dominance. They are helpful for men aswell as women, they 'block' DHT by doing the same thing around receptor sites so blocking DHT helps males with aging and hair loss (and women). Thing is the ammount of lignans in this product isnt high ( I take 1 gram per day of lignans). Most of this is similar to DIM that was all the rage months ago.

I have used Carlsons codliver oil and HFTS Total EFA with the codliver oils. The thing with all codliver oils is I cant stand the taste of it and the after taste hours later. Ive found the very best results is with the one with lignans. Its balanced and even tho its has short chains Omega 3 these can be made into longer chains by the body. All I can say is give it a try and use it alone for a month or so and see what you find.

The lignans are a phytoestrogen these have weak Estrogen type properties and the will hover arround hormone receptor sites. They can replace more dangerous forms of Estrogen (even types made from the body). Progesterone and Estrogen need to be balanced so lignans can help lower Progesterone dominance. They are helpful for men aswell as women, they 'block' DHT by doing the same thing around receptor sites so blocking DHT helps males with aging and hair loss (and women). Thing is the ammount of lignans in this product isnt high ( I take 1 gram per day of lignans). Most of this is similar to DIM that was all the rage months ago.

Ah, I see. I've just done a few hours of research on Lignans... I've also read the forum where you guys were talking about Flax Lignans affecting males. I was about to buy the total EFA, but I"m now freaked out that it may reduce my testosterone levels...

I'm not too familiar with sex hormones and I've just recently been reading about estrogens and testosterone. I am aware that both sexes have both, but one always dominates the other.

I'm looking more into the flax seed... I really need a balanced EFA supplement though.

Please give me more of your feedback on this

Edit: I just found something about Flaxseeds not affecting the T levels

In addition, the second study showed that rats fed a diet high in flaxseed raised Testosterone levels. And finally, in the last study, 29 humans were given a diet containing 20 g of defatted flaxseeds per day. This study showed no changes in androgen or estrogen indices.

So it's my opinion that neither flax oil nor flaxseeds will decrease your Testosterone levels. In fact, supplementing your diet with these two products may actually increase your Testosterone production. And if T doesn't even change one bit, you still have the benefits of flax oil discussed above.

I guess it may not affect males after all? I wish I can test my T levels myself..

EFA supplements will come down to choice. I chosen Health from the sun total EFA and it works great for me, as good as codliver oil. Codliver oil is just o3 so your right balancing it is a good counter measure for the long term. Its another reason I use Health from the sun because the balance is perfect, I even use codliver sometimes for the A and D so codliver is really good. The flax in this product tho is maybe 1/2 grams per bottle which is not much, I take that per day and have been for 7+ months. (I started at 5 grams and got ill) Keep reading into it thats the best thing to do and what I did. Then judge by your results and not others. Messing with hormones is tricky as I found out with progesterone cream.

Hi Romeo,

First, I wanted to say thank you. I took the day off of work today because I looked in the mirror and was out of breath. I've had acne since I was 12 and tried almost everything. I dialed my derm's number today but then hesitated and decided to come on acne.org. I saw your post and it gave me hope. I did some research of my own this morning and will be starting your diet. crossing my fingers so I can overcome this!

Hope77

Everyone

I want to recommend to everyone on this regimen that you give green smoothies a shot. I'm sure many of you have read or heard about the green smoothie post and I'm sure plenty of you already drink green smoothies. But for those of you who don't or haven't checked out the post, here's the link: http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php?showtopic=108917. I have personally found that green smoothies along with this regimen are getting me to the point where I am almost completely clear. I have also found that if you mix the EVOO in with this smoothies, you cannot taste the EVOO at all. So this is great for you who have trouble getting in 4 tablespoons of EVOO daily. Good luck and give the smoothies a shot. You will not be disappointed. ;)

I wanted to quickly check if anyone has any ideas on the following:

1. Would Romeo's recommended suppliment regimen be just as effective if I tried to get the recommended doses of supplements through natural foods rather than through tablets?

For e.g. Get the recommended 250 mg's of Vit C through Lemons ( 50 mg/100gm ) rather than through Vit C tablet supplements ?

2. Also are there any kind of side effects to watch out for when taking so many different Vitamin \ Minerals supplements

Sorry if I am repeating a question someone has already asked before . Thanks All

Two days ago was the beginning of week 8. Things are still going pretty good. I was hoping I would have stopped breaking out completely by now, but unfortunately I got a new inflamed pimple by my mouth and 2 other little pimples in my jawline area.... I'm not sure if there was pimple like properties already there and they are just finally purging through (or however you want to call it) But... Maybe within the next month things will be completely clear. I can only hope :)

If anyone has any suggestions I still have some red marks and discoloration in my face... I'm not really sure how to get rid of it. You can really see it in my car mirror.. but it looks just horribly discolored.. like red marks and brown marks.. but you can only see them in the car mirror. :confused: Not sure what to do. Also, I have such LARGE pores? and there is gunck in them STILL.. uhh..

I know the most common form of chromium is the picolinate version, but I'm a little concerned about taking it. What do you think about the research that it damages DNA?

http://altmedicine.about.com/od/herbsupple...miumsideeff.htm

It might be safer to just eat foods that contain high levels of chromium, like romaine (not iceberg) lettuce, onions, and tomatoes. Plus, the latter two are supposed to be anti-inflammatory foods. And it looks like romaine lettuce scores really high on the fullness and nutrition graph too: http://www.nutritiondata.com/facts/vegetab...products/2475/2

I totally agree with the poster above that green smoothies should be part of our diet...just gotta get myself a blender!

I'm 2.5 months in and this isn't really working anymore. Maybe it's because I don't have oily skin?

Well I'm going on Accutane August 21st so ... ya. Oh well.

I have given up on this regimen for a few weeks now. I wasn't seeing any results.

Now I'm on Paula's Choice stuff and I'm clearing up considerably. Sure I still have oily skin, but it's decreasing.

ya.. i stuck a fork in it after 4 weeks... i wont continue any regimen after 4 weeks without the least bit of improvement.. just saving up for accutane.. eff it all

Did you think you will be clear forever by popping a few pills?

Acne is caused by various reasons, one being vitamin and mineral deficiency.

That happened to be the case for Romeo, where he was deficient in those vitamins and cleared up when he took them.

I'm on this regimen not because Romeo said it will clear me up, but a lot of research has led that this sort of vitamin and minerals are required by the human body which I lacked.

I really don't see the point in taking accutane. All it does it give you temporary blockage of acne.

Try to think more logically of why acne is formed.

http://www.absoluteacneinfo.com/guide.html this site has given me a lot of insight on why I have acne. One of them being, disfunctional organs not being able to release toxins properly, hence, going out through the skin causing acne. This may or may not be the case for you, but certainly accutane will not be a permanent answer to cure acne.

I decided to take some serious action recently. You only receive how much you put in.

I've given up on BP and started doing a parasite cleanse, whole body detox, green smoothies, excercise, and taking those vitamins and minerals and oils to fit how much I think MY body needs, not how much Romeo took and cleared up.

I'm doing pretty good so far, skin is looking better than when I used BP.

Ya, I've been through the whole holistic phase... it works for some people, but not all. I've done the cleanses and the detoxes and even went to a holistic practitioner. It was the same guessing game derms with meds with him and his cleanses and herbs. I already eat healthy, avoid as much processed foods as I can, and have analyzed my diet and whatever I was probably lacking, I've been taking in supplements for over 2 months now. I've had my hormones checked and all is normal. I've tried eliminating foods such as gluten and dairy for at least 2 months and saw no improvements whatsoever. I've wasted far too much time and money over this and my wedding is in December and I don't want to be a pimply bride. Accutane DOES work and it was my last resort and well, I've reached my last resort.

My dad and his sister had acne until 24 and it seems I'm just following their pattern so whatever the cause is, at this point, I don't care because I've seriously tried just about every approach. I can do accutane now (I'm 22) and hopefully by the time any acne starts to even think about coming back, I would have outgrown it like everyone else in my family. Good luck on whatever works for you though.