Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Reimer

Has there been an ingredient change?

Received the 8oz bottle a couple of weeks ago but didn't use it until now because I still had some in a tube left. I just used some of the 8oz bottle tonight and I noticed the BP has a whiter colour to it and a really bad smell. Whereas with the old tube formula, it was a clearer gel and had no odour.

It's not a smell I've never experienced before either. I had an old tube of Neutrogena On The Spot that had the same smell but a bit stronger.

So I'm not sure what happened but it's really unpleasant to apply now.

Anybody else?

Thanks

Nope. It's the same stuff. We assay every batch and carefully make sure it's uniform. Temperature can change the viscosity which can affect the way it can appear. Also, the newer a batch is, sometimes the stronger the initial scent will be. You may have just gotten a brand new one that was just filled before you ordered.

wow i was wondering the same thing because with the tubes it was more watery then anything now its creamy... and a bit smelly but i dont mind the smell.. makes me think its working :)

but interesting to know that this is "Fresh" bp but i do have another bottle in storage which i will compare with in another 6 months or whenever i run out