Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pavlik89

Red/Brown Marks - How would you rate mine? (Pictures Included)

I suffered from mild/moderate acne a few years ago, still breakout occasionally. However, I have several dark marks left around my cheeks and a bit on my forehead. I was wondering if these marks will fade? I am concerned about them and very worried. I am currently using Benzoyle Peroxide acne face wash.

Thank you for your time.

Picture quality is crap, was taken with a camera phone.

In the last picture, taken with a digital camera my skin looks a lot better. For some reason with the camera phone it looks worse, because of the poor quality.

okey no replies

i cant help u alot but u should show it to derm but i also suffer from mild to moderate acne now i have changed my diet which has help my skin to glow so i can say that add fruits and vegetables which has more vitamin A like tomatoes,cucumber.etc

good luck man

okey no replies

i cant help u alot but u should show it to derm but i also suffer from mild to moderate acne now i have changed my diet which has help my skin to glow so i can say that add fruits and vegetables which has more vitamin A like tomatoes,cucumber.etc

good luck man

Well, sorry you haven't gotten more replies. I'm new here, so I was hoping to see if anyone had suggestions for your problem, too. =) I have the same problem, but my spots aren't really dark... they make it look like I have a few freckles. Nevertheless, I want to get rid of them.

Anyway, I'm not sure about how or if the spots you have will disappear (by the way, it said you'd have pictures, but I don't see any? Maybe it's my browser, but I don't know...) Depending on how long you've had them, I'd say they'll probably fade slowly since your skin regenerates itself fairly slowly.

If you're really concerned about the spots, I'd say a weekly regimen of exfoliating facials to help boost the rate at which your skin regenerates itself while also ridding yourself of the scarred outer layer (make sure to be gentle!!) is the way to go...

And also, i like to use natural sources of antioxidants on my face like berries and papaya... I learned from my grandma that papaya helps even skin tone. I like to blend strawberries or blueberries (or both) and papaya in the blender and use the puree as a mask. Sometimes I like to add egg whites to the blender when I'm making the mask too, though it dries out my skin fairly quickly, so I don't use them too often. I tried it for my post-acne spots every week for about 10 months, and they've faded to a very light color that almost matches my regular skin, though not quickly. If you can't use fresh, pureed papaya and berries on your face, then you should look for some topical creams that have papaya in it or anything that's rich in antioxidants like vitamin E and C.

Hope this helps!