Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sunkisses23

Acne scars

Okay so, I have a few mild ance scars on my face, (around my nose and my chin) because the estiticain I was with extracted a few blackheads that scarred. Sometimes in really bright light I can see the scars really well but when I look in other mirrors or differnt lighting you can't see them at all....i was wondering if its' just the lighting in some cases that bring the scars out....and are they visible to people all the time???

Okay so, I have a few mild ance scars on my face, (around my nose and my chin) because the estiticain I was with extracted a few blackheads that scarred. Sometimes in really bright light I can see the scars really well but when I look in other mirrors or differnt lighting you can't see them at all....i was wondering if its' just the lighting in some cases that bring the scars out....and are they visible to people all the time???

I often wonder the same thing! Cuz the light in my room makes me look really good (like theres no scars) but the light in the bathroom (harsher light I guess) makes my face look like theres a bunch of holes in it. So I don't really know what other people see...

If they are the type of scarring which requires harsh/obscure angled lights then i can tell you now the only other people who will notice your scarring is people with scarring themselves and those people aren't the sort to think negatively of your scarring anyway.

Trust me 99.9% of people won't notice this type of scarring, it just doesn't register with most people.

I think Lamarr is right. I have a bunch of scars that can only be seen in harsh light/angle and I never really had bad acne so I never scrutinized my face and never knew these scars existed for years and I looked at my face all the time I'm a girl. Looking in a car window is really rough though cause I can see every pore, wrinkle, scar. My face looks not so good there.

From what I can tell my skin looks pretty good in normal light... when ever i talk to people about it they say that they dont even notice it or that its not bad at all.. though when im in my bath room with only the bathroom light, or some car windows, or when im walking next to a building that is glass and the light is beaming on it sometimes i cringe\gasp inside as it looks like i have been shot in the face with a minature shot gun.

then in normal light no worries, 90% of the time it looks not too bad (i still have the mental scarring in my mind so i still think its bad even though my eyes tell me otherwise).. though the other 10& of the time when im in certain lights i feel like a monster ....

i often then the 10% of the time is actually 90% of the time... makes me empathise with m.jackson.

even though i get treatments for my skin when im in the worst lighting my mind goes back to thinking im always a monster...

nuts.

Chris

its wierd, even the shallowest little pock mark or enlarged pore can catch a lot of light. i have like a lot of little shallow ice picks that are almost invisible in every other lighting. forward and backward light makes me look like a ghoul as well.

its wierd, even the shallowest little pock mark or enlarged pore can catch a lot of light. i have like a lot of little shallow ice picks that are almost invisible in every other lighting. forward and backward light makes me look like a ghoul as well.

lol @ ghoul.. now that made me laugh :)

Bad lighting = messes with our heads bbbaaaddddd.

some people say to me "i dont even notice anything" .. but i dont believe them because when you catch a glimpse in a ramdom window or mirror it is anything but unnoticable... ehhh *shrugs*

When I tried to explain to my sister how much my scars have devastated me, she acted like I was crazy and said she didn't notice any scars. I figured she was lying to make me feel better (my scars are definitely visible) but I guess it's possible people who aren't looking for them don't notice them..