Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Siava

Siava's Sotret Scribblings

I think Accutane stays in your system for a month, so you should continue to clear for a while after discontinuing the pills. I'm glad everything is going well!!

Thankoo! I'm stoked.

Day 7 post-tane

My lips aren't dry anymore!! This. Is. Awesome. Also, Mr. Wonderful rubbed my back this morning with his rough 'n tough hands. During the course he couldn't because it just hurt too much, but not today. It felt great!! My skin is still matte, no new blemishes, marks are continuing to fade, and joint pain is continuing to diminish. The only time it bugs me now is in my knees if I'm sitting with my legs tucked under me and in my neck when I'm sleeping. Maybe it's time to get a new pillow. I'll update in a few weeks. :D

Two Weeks Post Tane

I. Am. An. IDIOT.

I picked. *hangs head in shame* I had a milia on my cheek that I picked at and now have a big scab. *sigh* Other than that, I'm totally clear - no new blemishes - and the marks around my mouth are fading big time. Why oh why did I pick that one spot?! I'm so mad at myself.

Lips are fantastic. Skin is still not oily, but not dry. I can still go for days without washing my hair. :) I hope this lasts awhile.

Your story has been really good to follow I convey to my son and it gives him hope and a desire to run the course. So happy for you...there are plenty on here who would love to be in your shoes no zits and one scab. I hope your skin stays clear forever.

hugs

meme

3 Weeks Post Tane

Things are still peachy keen, jelly beans. I've got one teeeeeeeny tiny clogged pore near my mouth. It's pink, but so freakin' tiny. I'm producing a minute amount of oil. The only way I can even tell is that by day 2 after taking a shower I can run my fingers along my scalp, sniff them, and faintly smell sebum. During the course I couldn't smell anything at all, but had to wash my hair on the 3rd or 4th day simply because I was grossed out by the thought of going longer.

Photosensitivity is deminishing. I washed my car yesterday and only started to sting at the very end. I'm getting back my night vision and my eyes aren't as sensitive to bright lights. It still hurts only if a truck is riding my arse or a school bus is going the opposite way. For some reason, those two vehicles from my vantage point blaze laser lights into my eye sockets. Every other vehicle is fine now though.

Mood has stabalized. I'm back to my chipper self. :D Now I'm just bogged down with school so the perkiness comes in spurts. Speaking of school, I can concentrate again!

Joints don't pop as often. Those are getting better, too.

Wow, this is a good update. :) Feelin' pretty good here.

Hey Siava glad things are going well post tane! I also finished my course (a lot earlier than I thought), check out my log when you have time! tc hun.

Somethin' special happened today. The company I work for had a short skit writing thingamajig and the winner won $5,000. The marketing coordinator grabbed me and a bunch of other people to come stand in the photo while the winner was presented with the check. We're also going to be on the news tonight. Anyhoo, that's not the point. The point is, I don't have on any makeup today and my skin looks GREAT! I didn't sweat it at all.

:banana:

1 Month Post Tane

I feel like me again! :banana:

I'm producing a tiny amount of oil, but nowhere near the amount pre treatment. Still no actives. Marks continue to fade. I'm experiencing NO side effects now. I feel GREAT!! I'll get some pictures up soon. Promise. :)

Picture update. I'm almost 2 months post and am very happy. I promised a picture update so here it is. I think my skin texture looks a little rough in the picture, but it's quite smooth and soft to the touch. I did end up with some dented scarring, but it was minimal and I've honestly got no complaints about them. The hyperpigmentation is fading nicely.

Wow, looking awesome.

I'm getting quite smooth, but there are lumps here and there. I hope my skin is half as good as yours when I'm done.

RatherBeSkating, I've got confidence your course will leave you with happy skin. You've never given up and your persistance has always given me hope.

velonova, I'm sure it will be! Yea, I've still got a couple of small lumps under the skin, but they continue to shrink. It just takes so darned long!

sunrise, you're a sweetie pie. Thank you.

RatherBeSkating, I've got confidence your course will leave you with happy skin. You've never given up and your persistance has always given me hope.

velonova, I'm sure it will be! Yea, I've still got a couple of small lumps under the skin, but they continue to shrink. It just takes so darned long!

sunrise, you're a sweetie pie. Thank you.

That made me smile :) Thanks :) On 60mg/day now, so I'm pretty confident

2 Months Post Accutane

I just have to brag...and it may be too much girly TMI...

I started my period today. I don't have a single pimple!!! My face is so smooth. So soft. I do still have some hyperpigmentation, but it continues to fade. I am so very happy with the condition of my skin and the appearance of it.

I sent a thank you card to my dermatologist's office. It was a general thank you, but I personalized it. On the left side I drew a frowny face with lots of dots all over it labeled "before". On the right, I drew a plain smiley face labeled "after". Hehe. I really hope this lasts awhile. I'm loving the nice skin. After 12 years, I feel...normal. Brings tears to my eyes.

You are so pretty lady! Glad to hear your skin is doing good. I can hardly wait to be in your shoes, I have a little less than 3 weeks left. I wanna be me again! Hope all is well!

Hey Siava,

I am a teenager that just started Accutane. I have a few questions.

1. Did you drink alcohol while you were taking the medicine.

2. What time in the day did you take the pills?

3. Do you know what would happen if I took both pills at the same time?

Thanks for the help