Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest fuck acne omg

OMFG THIS IS F*CKING St00pid

Guest fuck acne omg

ALL DAIRY, SUGAR, AND VEGETABLE OIL BREAK ME OUT.. SO BASICLY IM SCREWED?

Eating nothing but fruit is an extremely bad idea... you'd be depriving your body of the nutrients it needs to function properly, really not a very clever thing to do. Not to mention what a mess your loo would be in after the week is up...

What topicals or meds have you tried so far?

Guest fuck acne omg

lol, everything except accutane, and my acnes not bad enough to go on it...

secondly, consult a dietician if you're so concerned...and for the record vegetable oil is the healthiest and least greasy of all the oils, if it said Olive oil i'd be more concerned.

well i looked on google and it said vegetable oil causes hormonal imbalance

so does potassium, and sodium which is in EVERYTHING.

honestly, i used to be like you, then i realized i was starving to death, got a better doctor and fixed everything with hormonal treatments.

and i found something on the oils for you:

http://www.natural-health-information-cent...etable-oil.html

the main health risks come from hydrogenated oils i.e. margerine etc. vegetable oil is still considered far the healthier choice just make sure its not HYDROGENATED vegetable oil.

Sorry but from personal experience I can swear that Vegetable oils are one of the strongest breakout triggers.

To the original poster, I think you are being overly paranoid. the situation is not as bad as it looks. I reside in a hostel where every damn meal has v.o in it. so if I can manage my way to sneaking some healthy food stuff ( against the rules btw) in the room and then cooking up something for myself then you can certainly manage to eat acne-healthy in your house.

For eg you could cook up your own soups fairly easily using olive oil ( which doesnt lead to breakouts). you could also have chickpeas as snacks. I also enjoy spicy curries.

baiscally you have to learn to cook a little. And trust me it is very empowering as it givers you plenty of options for better health. and yes I am a male and I think that being able to cook a little is pretty sexy.

note: HYDROGENATED vegetable oils. as long as its not hydrogenated, its fine. check the link i provided.

QUOTE (fuck acne omg @ Apr 15 2008, 05:29 PM) *

QUOTE (Christina ~ @ Apr 15 2008, 09:43 AM) *

secondly, consult a dietician if you're so concerned...and for the record vegetable oil is the healthiest and least greasy of all the oils, if it said Olive oil i'd be more concerned.

well i looked on google and it said vegetable oil causes hormonal imbalance

so does potassium, and sodium which is in EVERYTHING.

honestly, i used to be like you, then i realized i was starving to death, got a better doctor and fixed everything with hormonal treatments.

and i found something on the oils for you:

http://www.natural-health-information-cent...etable-oil.html

the main health risks come from hydrogenated oils i.e. margerine etc. vegetable oil is still considered far the healthier choice just make sure its not HYDROGENATED vegetable oil.

QUOTE (kaizen.iitk @ Apr 15 2008, 07:07 PM) *

Sorry but from personal experience I can swear that Vegetable oils are one of the strongest breakout triggers.

To the original poster, I think you are being overly paranoid. the situation is not as bad as it looks. I reside in a hostel where every damn meal has v.o in it. so if I can manage my way to sneaking some healthy food stuff ( against the rules btw) in the room and then cooking up something for myself then you can certainly manage to eat acne-healthy in your house.

For eg you could cook up your own soups fairly easily using olive oil ( which doesnt lead to breakouts). you could also have chickpeas as snacks. I also enjoy spicy curries.

baiscally you have to learn to cook a little. And trust me it is very empowering as it givers you plenty of options for better health. and yes I am a male and I think that being able to cook a little is pretty sexy.

note: HYDROGENATED vegetable oils. as long as its not hydrogenated, its fine. check the link i provided.

Although Hydrogenated Vegetable oils are worse ( with Partially Hydrogenated being the worst ones dont let their sly terminology fool you!), the vegetable oils generally used are essentially Pro-inflammatory and worsen the already existent Acne condition. I have tried this myself and I really do not need a link to corroborate this. I could down half a cup of olive oil and nothing would happen but even two teaspoons of Normal Vegetable ois would break me out. Those contain too much omega 6 thus upsetting the really critical Omega 6 : omega 3 balance.

To the original poster : regarding selection of food stuff that is OK to ingest I would recommend checking out the nutritiondata.org website. It tells everything you need to know about the food stuff. I (alongwith several others)found it very useful. Check out the vegetable oils characteristics in it and compare them with olive oil.

And it is really not that hard to adapt to this healthier diet system once you get started. And moreover it gives you a sense of greater control as regards your health.

Cheers

Kaizen

if I were you I would focus on things I felt like I had more control on, such as increasing my exercise amount per week, drinking more water, taking fish oil, taking a multivitamin, having a good regimen, and just try to stick to a semi-strict diet. i think that acne can be overcome with a LOT of patience and diligence...sometimes freaking out about eating one thing with vegetable oil in it, could be worse than eating it itself.

lastly, thank God we were given more than an appearance, let it be shown that you are not being defeated by acne or appearance flaws...because there is so much more than that to a person.

best of luck to you.

No, YOU'RE misguided.

You cannot believe everything you read on the Internet. Very little of it is true. And this article you showed me had very little credibility. It had no figures or statistics to back up the claims. When I said research, I meant talking to your doctor or to a nutritionalist, and reading more reliable sources that contain well backed pieces of scientfic evidence.

Im not havin a go at you per se, i just dont like the idea of other people reading and believing what you wrote and so start to eat very little as a result. Its a little irresponsible.

Do you really think it's a good idea to come in here and call us misguided? If you want opinions on diet and acne then you can come in here with an open mind about it.

There are numerous studies that suggest diet IS correlated with acne, so in actuality you're the one who is misguided. Try to appreciate both sides of the argument, otherwise you're going to have people like me making posts like this directed at you.

fuck acne omg: just stick with lean meat, seafood, vegetables, some fruit, butter, and coconut oil. It's easy to avoid dairy and sugar with a bit of willpower (and stevia for helping with sugar cravings =P).

fasting can be very good for you. try 2 to 3 days a week. no more buying processed foods sounds like you need to start cookin and so do i :)

Shopping list

veges

fruits

stuff for salad

red wine vinegar for dressing

fish

chicken

hmm?

ps. i will be living off water and apples alone

Terrible idea! I know from first hand experience. I went chicken/apples for a couple months and started to get bad digestive symptoms and developed fructose malabsorption because of the apples. Same time, I started getting cystic cheek acne. Now more than 1 fruit or any sugar gives me bad cheek acne almost a year later...just eat sweet potatoes and chicken,lol

FUCKING HELL, EVERY FOOD I PICK UP HAS FUCKING VEGETABLE OIL AS A FUCKING INGREDIENT,

THIS IS WHATS CAUSING MY FUCKING ACNE BUT HOW CAN I STOP ACNE WHEN EVERY FUCKING FOOD IN MY HOUSE HAS THIS FUCKING SHIT IN IT FFS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

NOW IM STUCK WITH THIS ACNE FOR LONGER :boohoo:

Vegetable oil gives acne??? how so... >_<

it could be wheat.. or to much sugars...>_<

you can eat fruits, the word here is moderation

and yeah vegetable oil is really bad, cause of free radicals, premature aging and some other negative stuff. it could not be the cause of acne but it's better to avoid it for overall health

ALL DAIRY, SUGAR, AND VEGETABLE OIL BREAK ME OUT.. SO BASICLY IM SCREWED?

You're not screwed; you'd probably find success following a meat, vegetable and fat diet like many others on this forum have. It does take some time and preparation, but that's key to getting back that connection with what you eat. You'll enjoy your food much more if you've prepared it yourself rather than opened up a package and stuck something in the microwave. Eating this way is far more healthy for you as well.

You should be eating brown rice for lunch or w.e

at night eat fruitsssss or salad with tuna ....

or nuts such as walnut and almonds this are great.

so try those see if u get acne.

I am finding all these opinions funny. There is no link between the food you eat and acne. It is all genetics! Think about it. Everything I have read is a different trigger in everyone...Funny isnt it. It's bogus! Eat and be happy. Just go on Accutane and be done with it!

Why do you say that everything has vegetable oil in it?

If you buy fresh/frozen veggies, unpackaged lean meats, grains, nuts, seeds, fruits, etc. you will see only that exact food listed on the ingredients, nothing more added.

Obviously you're going to have to start preparing/cooking your meals/snacks. But if you want to stay away from bad oils, sweetners, additives, and other junk ingredients, then that's the price you pay.

It takes ALOT of willpower to truly be healthy. You have to want it. Most of us on this board want clear skin bad enough to sustain the cravings and stick to a healthy routine.

Good luck!

I really really really have trouble staying off rice... I have been on a veggie + fruits +meat diet for the last 2 weeks and I get hungry so quicky (abt 2 hours max after my meal). When I want to snack, I realized that I cannot eat my favorite chips or cookies...I'm too scared too try nuts cause they might be breaking me out. Is it ok to take just a little carb? No carbs at all is really extreme IMO....

Also, how much meat do you usually eat per meal?

I had 0.6 pounds of salmon, 1 BIG bowl of salad, 7 strawberries and 1 apple for lunch yesterday. I got hungry within 2 hours...

Some people need to do proper scientific research before they come on these boards and start giving other people harmless misinformation at best and dangerous rubbish at worst.

Vegetable oil does not cause acne. It is not even really known what causes acne, but studies have strongly suggested that food has not effect on acne whatsoever. Scientists think that if it has any effect at all, it is a placebo effect- people have been led to believe that eating junk food leads to bad skin, so will believe that new spots are due to junk food.

I hope you dont do anything stupid. It was on the news once that a girl starved herself as she thought it could help her acne. I know acne's shit, and im sorry its getting to you so much.

There are direct effects and indirect effects.

It's pretty hard to believe that food has nothing to do with acne because food has indirectly go to do with everything! It is well known what causes acne instead, I mean the stages involved in the development of acne like increased sebum production mediated by excessive androgenic synthesis, skin cells proliferation within the sebaceous duct, impaired separation of keratinized cells within the duct, sebaceous inflammation and infection of the comedo.

I have mentioned system that are all indirectly affected by what we eat, by our body composition and weight and by our lifestyle. No hormone or enzyme or nutrient in the body is predetermined and fixed in amount, timing and quality. The way we treat our body through food, exercise, sleeping pattern and body weight regulation has a profound impact on every enzymatic process, hormonal release and overall physiochemical balance.

You can click in my signature to find out about people who reversed severe acne by changing the physiochemical balance of their body ... mostly trough diet but also through exercise and other lifestyle patterns, without using drugs of any kind.

Well, I used to get nodules around my chin very frequently, until I cut out dairy. That stopped ALL nodules from coming up.

I recently decided to experiment with dairy again, to see if maybe I was wrong. The other day I had a lot of dairy in one day, the same as I used to have - then 2 days later I had 2 new nodules appear around the chin area. This for me clearly points to dairy as a trigger, especially since I hadn't seen a nodule in around 4 months.

So diet certainly affects acne

To the original poster:

COOK your own damned food. Then you can experiment to your little hearts content.

There will come a point when you will have to learn what the big warm thing in the middle of the kitchen is (stove / oven) and all the bangy clangy things that go on top of it (pots and pans.)

Buy a cookbook and not pre-made processed foods.

I am finding all these opinions funny. There is no link between the food you eat and acne. It is all genetics! Think about it. Everything I have read is a different trigger in everyone...Funny isnt it. It's bogus! Eat and be happy. Just go on Accutane and be done with it!

Please don't come on here and post such garbage. Maybe diet doesn't affect YOUR acne, but it does for many of us. By cutting out dairy, vegetable oils, etc...by skin has cleared dramatically. Genetics is a factor, but is simply one piece to the acne puzzle.

It is NOT bogus. Go ahead and take your Accutane. We'll see you back in the holistic forum asking for help in the near future after your bandaid pill wears off.

check the quality and truthfullness of your beliefs man, why do you believe vegetable oil is causing your breakouts??? yes alot will cause your acne to get worse, a little is not a big deal.

anger from in accurate beliefs about the world will stress you out and perhaps make you break out even more.