Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
merf

Will my prescriptions ever work?

I'm not sure whether to post this in "adult acne" or "prescription acne medications." I have a textbook case of adult, hormonal acne. I'm sure that diet and other things directly affect my skin, so I am working on improving those factors. At the same time, I am on a regimen of Doryx (antibiotic), Differin 0.3%, and NeoBenz SD 3.5%. Oh, and I started Yaz 3 weeks ago. I've been on my regimen for 3.5 weeks, and here are the pics of how my skin currently looks:

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php...t&p=2258929

My question is, do you think my regimen will work? If I haven't seen any improvement after 3.5 weeks, is there still a chance that this is an IB, or that it just hasn't kicked in? I will be going back to my doctor at 8 weeks to re-evaluate the situation. I'm feeling really down, and I guess I'm just hoping to hear from people who have had a similar situation, whether the regimen eventually worked, or whether they had to stop it and move on to something else.

thanks...

Hang in there! Differin does take 12 weeks to really work. Give it a chance. Your skin looks very similar to mine when I started out and now (other than the damn red marks) my skin is very clear...

Hang in there! Differin does take 12 weeks to really work. Give it a chance. Your skin looks very similar to mine when I started out and now (other than the damn red marks) my skin is very clear...

yours isnt that bad. hopefully those work. im on doxcycline and retin a micro and its working fine for me. i saw results of the antibiotic within a few weeks, they were flattenin out and i was getting less cysts. maybe you should give it another month

I'm in the same boat as you. Been on Doxy for almost 9 weeks, Differin for 6 weeks along with Clindamycin gel and a BP wash. Still got acne. No cysts though, which is good. But I had a bad IB and still getting one or two a day which is annoying as hell. I go back to the Derm tomorrow. I'm asking to stay on the differin just because It does not irritate me, but I'm asking for a switch to Spiro and Bactrim. I think fighting it from the inside is the best way with hormonal acne. I'm sick of this....I'm gonna stay on the differin because it takes 12 weeks and no peeling here like with Retin-A.

I'm in the same boat as you. Been on Doxy for almost 9 weeks, Differin for 6 weeks along with Clindamycin gel and a BP wash. Still got acne. No cysts though, which is good. But I had a bad IB and still getting one or two a day which is annoying as hell. I go back to the Derm tomorrow. I'm asking to stay on the differin just because It does not irritate me, but I'm asking for a switch to Spiro and Bactrim. I think fighting it from the inside is the best way with hormonal acne. I'm sick of this....I'm gonna stay on the differin because it takes 12 weeks and no peeling here like with Retin-A.

ok when you take your DORYX i wanted to know do you eat before taking it?? or no?? how do you do this?