Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Seekirus

Having kids.

Hi guys, i've been thinking about my future and if I want kids. Then came into my mind, what if I pass acne into there genetics, I wouldn't want them to go through what i've gone through.

My guess is it would but i'm no expert so I thought i'd post and see if anyone knows more than me on the subject.

I don't know there has been so much debate on this whether it is genetic or not. But to me in a lot of cases yes it is genetic. But for some it isn't. I believe my acne is genetic and partly hormonal. My derm seems to agree. So basically I think there is always the chance that it will not be passed to your children too. But the good thing is by then I'm sure you will be well educated on how to combat acne better than when you started having it.

I have thought about this same question for several months. My brother has the same condition as I do: Extremely oily skin and hair and tons of blackheads. However, I am the worse of the two of us ---with huge lumps all over my face.

I have recently started saying, "Why would I want children? I'd be purposefully bringing a child into this world who is just as miserable as I am about their complexion. I'm miserable everyday with painful lumps all over my face. I dont want to watch them go through this and have to stand by and watch." :hand:

Dont 1 in 4 ppl get acne now? I read that somewhere.... So my child has a 25% risk of having what I have.

I do think it's genetic, but I also am hopeful that by the time my children will suffer from it, there will be more understanding of the causes, prevention, and better treatment.

Yes, that's another reason I'm letting a lot of time pass before I have kids... the more years that pass, the more chance that there is a cure or understanding of what is causing it. I also think, "Do you think there will be a cure in the next 14 years?"

Its exactly 14 years from now til the child hits puberty if I decided to have a child right now.

I'm thinking they might know the cure in the next 20-25 years.

Yes, that's another reason I'm letting a lot of time pass before I have kids... the more years that pass, the more chance that there is a cure or understanding of what is causing it. I also think, "Do you think there will be a cure in the next 14 years?"

Its exactly 14 years from now til the child hits puberty if I decided to have a child right now.

I'm thinking they might know the cure in the next 20-25 years.

I have thought about this same question for several months. My brother has the same condition as I do: Extremely oily skin and hair and tons of blackheads. However, I am the worse of the two of us ---with huge lumps all over my face.

I have recently started saying, "Why would I want children? I'd be purposefully bringing a child into this world who is just as miserable as I am about their complexion. I'm miserable everyday with painful lumps all over my face. I dont want to watch them go through this and have to stand by and watch." :hand:

Dont 1 in 4 ppl get acne now? I read that somewhere.... So my child has a 25% risk of having what I have.

My grandpa had acne.. so my dad and his sisters had acne.. xcept 1 !!! Weird... Luckyyy lol

now I have acne and so my bro and sisters... , my dad sis the one i said xcept 1!!!

she has 4 kids.. they are 2x years old their skin 100% clear always been... they female.

so yeah ur kids will have acne but just buy them healthy foods.. I have learned alot

and i will buy them healthy foods.

my dad buys junk... he never buy healthy foods so that's y i had acne badly before.. now i get a bit cause i buy my own foods.. i work now.

anyway sgood luck i love kids!! and i want. lol

People with cancer genes, MS, and diabetes pass these conditions on knowing full well before they have kids that they are passing on these conditions. Acne is a different burden as it is chronic and effects self-esteem. On the bright side, acne can be controlled with diet, supplements, and products unlike many other health problems. I wonder if my genetic propensity towards acne would have lied dormant if my parents had never introduced gluten, dairy, and sugar into my diet. Luckily you are in the position if you have kids to tell them about the triggers of acne and model a healthy diet that could prevent conditions unrelated to acne that most people in modern societies develop from fast food and so forth.

I say yes. Your kids will probably be genetically predisposed. Having said that, it is not a guarantee that they will develop the same acne (severity, duration, breakout patterns etc. ) that you may have had. I do think acne casn be prevented, though, through a good diet and lifestyle early on.

I say yes. Your kids will probably be genetically predisposed. Having said that, it is not a guarantee that they will develop the same acne (severity, duration, breakout patterns etc. ) that you may have had. I do think acne casn be prevented, though, through a good diet and lifestyle early on.

Acne comes out no matter what..

I eat good now

Fruits , veggies , Salad with tuna ( sometime ) , brown rice with meat ( my Lunch. :X)

Walnut and Almond I like to put walnut in the oven taste so good. :)

morning i eat Eggs.. or corn flake with soy milk <-- might stop eating cereal cause i saw soy milk is bad...

and i still get acne!!!!!!!!!! well 2 weeks ago ... i ate lots .. of junks :( could be that.

Not necessarily. If your partner has no history of acne in his or her life then there's still a good chance that the curse won't be passed on to your kids. But vise versa, if you both have a history of acne in your life then hell yah..the chance is much higher. I look at both sides, not just one.