Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

My skin type is combination to oily acne-prone fair Asian skin. I haven't found a cleanser and a moisturizer that doesn't break me out/clog my pores. I break out with Cetaphil (the two cleansers and the bars). My skin dries out with Clinique's Mild Liquid Facial Soap. My skin would have those mosquito bite-like thingy and dries out when I use Obagi Foaming Gel. And it itches with most makeup products. My skin would get reallyyy oily with some products (ex. Clinique DDM Gel, Skinceuticals Ultimate UV Defense SPF 30 which is said to be for oily-acne prone skin). My skin also tans (and even burn) easily. My skin (not facial) scars easily.

My mom and my grandmother's skin are sensitive (if that helps).

I was wondering if my skin is sensitive because someone told me that oily skin can not be sensitive unless you're on acne medications.

Thanks!

Oily skin can be sensitive skin regardless if you are on acne medications or not. I think you have sensitive skin.

Acne skin is basically sensitive skin however some are more sensitive than others.

My skin type is combination to oily acne-prone fair Asian skin. I haven't found a cleanser and a moisturizer that doesn't break me out/clog my pores. I break out with Cetaphil (the two cleansers and the bars). My skin dries out with Clinique's Mild Liquid Facial Soap. My skin would have those mosquito bite-like thingy and dries out when I use Obagi Foaming Gel. And it itches with most makeup products. My skin would get reallyyy oily with some products (ex. Clinique DDM Gel, Skinceuticals Ultimate UV Defense SPF 30 which is said to be for oily-acne prone skin). My skin also tans (and even burn) easily. My skin (not facial) scars easily.

My mom and my grandmother's skin are sensitive (if that helps).

I was wondering if my skin is sensitive because someone told me that oily skin can not be sensitive unless you're on acne medications.

Thanks!

I have the exact skin type as you. My mom's skin is also sensitive, haha. I tried using Cetaphil a few years ago and that lead to many disgusting bumps my forehead. What cleansing/skin products do you use in the morning and at night?

Oily skin can be sensitive skin regardless if you are on acne medications or not. I think you have sensitive skin.

Acne skin is basically sensitive skin however some are more sensitive than others.

Thank you :)

I have the exact skin type as you. My mom's skin is also sensitive, haha. I tried using Cetaphil a few years ago and that lead to many disgusting bumps my forehead. What cleansing/skin products do you use in the morning and at night?

I got a glycolic bar from my dermatologist but it seems to clog my pores when I use it long-term. So, most of the time, I use a mild cleansing bar or baby soap (which also seem to clog my pores). I haven't found a cleanser that doesn't give me a problem! BTW, my derm prescribed me duac gel and differin cream (which doesn't dry my skin, but stings a bit when I wash my face with water in the morning, and I think it clogs my pores =/). I kind of stopped using it for a few days already since my skin was a bit dry and peeling a bit (applying sunscreen sometimes stings). I'm planning to continue the medications next week. I'm going to ask my derm about differin gel though.

Im unclear. Is your skin usually combination, dry, or oily?

My skin is usually on the oily side.

It doesnt sound like your skin is sensitive then. You stated that sometimes your skin tans and sometimes it burns. I never tan! I always burn if I stay out in the sun for a long duration. My skin is dry. BP burns my face, all moisturizers break me out, I am allergic to jojoba oil, mineral oil, etc.