Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Mazz

do ALL marks fade?

do ALL red/pink/brown/purple marks that aren't indented fade with time, or is it possible for these to be permanant?

Marks Don't fade at all when you got active acne all around them in my experience.. I had severe acne for like 3 years with the same marks all around it that didn't fade at all.. but I just thought that they were spots waiting to surface ( i knew nothing about acne then )

Now most of my active inflamed stuff is gone I just got a shit load of marks.. they didn't fade at all really in about 3 months, but they've faded alot now I've started using the right products on them.. Think it's really important to use products with red marks in my case at least.. like 1 week with products = 5 months w/out

Marks Don't fade at all when you got active acne all around them in my experience.. I had severe acne for like 3 years with the same marks all around it that didn't fade at all.. but I just thought that they were spots waiting to surface ( i knew nothing about acne then )

Now most of my active inflamed stuff is gone I just got a shit load of marks.. they didn't fade at all really in about 3 months, but they've faded alot now I've started using the right products on them.. Think it's really important to use products with red marks in my case at least.. like 1 week with products = 5 months w/out

In the morning I use -

A 5% Glycolic Acid cleanser and then apply Puredeming R-ALA intense gel

Then in PM I use the same cleanser followed by a 10% Glycolic acid Night cream

Also I use a 30% Glycolic acid peel once a week, since I've been using these (About a month) My marks have faded more than I've noticed in the last 4 years or so I've had them.. If I had to guess at saying which helps most though it would be the peel, usually about 2 days after you do one if you compare with before you actually can see a difference that quickly, they've really impressed me.

However, they are strong as hell and you really do have to follow the steps religously and make sure you're doing everything just right because if you screw them up then you really pay for it.. (I applied my Glycolic acid cleanser before the Glycolic acid peel accidentally [you're supposed to use a gentle cleanser to prepare NOT an acid one] and really really payed for that one, basically it burned my whole face and I can't really open my mouth to talk or eat too well, but I was stupid to do that.. if you do them properly they're awesome)

But I think all the other products help alot too..

If you got any questions on any of the stuf I use or anything I'd be glad to answer them btw, I learnt all about them from helpful people on here and would be glad to give something back..

In the morning I use -

A 5% Glycolic Acid cleanser and then apply Puredeming R-ALA intense gel

Then in PM I use the same cleanser followed by a 10% Glycolic acid Night cream

Also I use a 30% Glycolic acid peel once a week, since I've been using these (About a month) My marks have faded more than I've noticed in the last 4 years or so I've had them.. If I had to guess at saying which helps most though it would be the peel, usually about 2 days after you do one if you compare with before you actually can see a difference that quickly, they've really impressed me.

However, they are strong as hell and you really do have to follow the steps religously and make sure you're doing everything just right because if you screw them up then you really pay for it.. (I applied my Glycolic acid cleanser before the Glycolic acid peel accidentally [you're supposed to use a gentle cleanser to prepare NOT an acid one] and really really payed for that one, basically it burned my whole face and I can't really open my mouth to talk or eat too well, but I was stupid to do that.. if you do them properly they're awesome)

But I think all the other products help alot too..

If you got any questions on any of the stuf I use or anything I'd be glad to answer them btw, I learnt all about them from helpful people on here and would be glad to give something back..

Yea I think maybe you should wait until your main problem is the marks before using GA stuff.. whenever I do a peel I usually have like 1 or 2 tiny pimples at that time and it basically burns them off and leaves a little bloody stump where it was, they're so tiny I just brush them off with my nail but I think probably not good for people with a fair ammount of active acne..

I've never used any paula's choice stuff but everyone I hear says they are fantastic so good luck..

The cleanser seems to work good to me, It's not meant for drastic results and that is why it is quite a low concentrate of GA in it, it also has loads of other ingredients including like a bit of 1% sacylic acid, it's not going to do wonders on its own but it works well as a preparation for other products, although you do wash it off very quick I try and rub a bit of it in before so I think some of it is absorbed by your skin and does some good.

For all my GA products I use bravura skincare.. http://www.bravuralondon.co.uk/ which is just because I live in the UK really, I know most of you live in US but there will be plenty of places to pick a peel up, they're not hard to find really and by far the cheapest of all my GA products, gonna last me the longest and cost the least too..

Just make sure you pick a 30% one up or so, 50% is available but the 30% is more than strong enough to do what you want it to..

My marks are sooo bad, and i started using baking soda and ACV, and trust me from the first time i used it, i noticed a difference! Maybe its in my head - but feels good still! :)

well my doc says that marks will fade but it can take some time but scars dont fade.marks can take 1 to 2 yrs to fade .i am nearly completing my one year and it has faded a little