Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
IPA

Breakfast foods

The cholestrol in eggs aren't harmful at all, their HDLs not LDLs.

Anyway I usually have...

5 egg(Whole)

1/2 cup oatmeal

Green Smoothie or Protein Shake

Fruit

lawl everybody in the netherlands just takes bread and puts something on it. I take bread and spinash. thats it. XD Sometimes 1 egg with it.

Sprouted Buckwheat Cereal

Here is something amazing I have been doing recently...

I sprout buckwheat groats til they have a small tail. Then I stick them all in my dehydrator for a couple hours (you could just spread them out in a single layer in leave in the sun for a little while). Then you'll have a big bag of sprouted buckwheat.

Take 1/3-1/2 c. of the buckwheat and put in about 1 cup of water. Let it sit for a couple hours and it swells up a lot. I love to chop a few organic dried figs and apricots and throw it in the soaking water. The buckwheat and dried fruit will soak up all the water and completely reconstitute, leaving you with a big bowl of cereal basically. Add some almond milk, coconut milk or whatever and enjoy!

Coddled Eggs

A fast way to prepare an egg in the morning right in the dish you will eat out of, leaving little mess.

Basically you put a little butter and then crack an egg into a small bowl or cup then put into pan of simmering water for 8-10 minutes with a lid on. Sprinkle on a little salt, herbs, lemon juice, parmesan...

Detailed instructions from Martha Stewart involving making the egg in a pretty teacup which could be nice for Mother's day or something:

http://www.wholeliving.com/recipe/coddled-eggs-in-teacups

Almond Banana Pancakes

http://www.marksdailyapple.com/almond-banana-pancakes/

* 2 ripe bananas

* 1 egg

* 1 heaping tablespoon of almond butter

Mash the bananas, add the egg and mix well.

Stir in the almond butter, adding more than a tablespoon if you want a more pancake-like texture.

More elaborate instructions in above link.

Note: These are delicious, however the banana starts to burn pretty quickly and it can be difficult to cook them through without burning so watch them. Try to spread the batter out thin so they'll cook through and maybe use a low flame.

I added some rolled oats and unsweetened cocoa to this and although it was hardly a pancake consistency (I don't think I mixed it enough...), turned out quite good. :D

Edited by corgisoulpower