Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
IPA

Breakfast foods

I don't understand why some people don't eat breakfast... it's one of the best times to eat.

cereal is pushed in america as if it's the only breakfast choice but there are many other options. i've read eating salmon for breakfast is good even though the thought of something warm for breakfast grosses me out.

i have been eating eggs and turkey burgers for breakfast. i really need protein and that's where i get mine from.

Seeing as recently I'm trying out the no gluten diet, I can no longer have my favourite marmite on toast in the morning :boohoo:

Today instead, I opted for two poached eggs, probiotic yoghurt and some sunflower seeds. A weird combination I know, but that was the first things that came to hand without gluten in that I could find.

I eat oatmeal since forever x_x

trying out quinoa with flax seed powder now

I add olive oil only in it

I dont understand why ppl eat bacon O _ O

I mean..it's packed with sodium and fat ( not the good kind of fat too!!)

cereal is pushed in america as if it's the only breakfast choice but there are many other options.

I eat cereal because I love it. There's nothing I want more in the morning than a bowl of cold cereal. And thanks to the glucomannan, I can have it. :dance:

one cup of plain black coffee with some sugar. when I feel really weirdo I drink tea..anything besides the regular...green, chamomile.Tomorrow I am gonna make pancakes..and drink some coffee or tea..depends how I feel. I am gonna eat my pancakes with melted frozen berries. :rolleyes:

I have now some gluten free oatmeal...

I will be eating glutn free oatmeal, mixed with cinnamon,or ginger....this will be for fiber..

I might do some melons, becuase I have been eating 1 granny smith green apple a day, with boiled eggs for breakfat, and I have not broken out, or face has not felt oily ext...so I think natural sugar fruit, will not harm me...and I will be eating scrambled eggs..

I usually would do some left over turkey, or white lean meat..mixed in with some fresh dark green veggies,and onions and peppers..however I cant really do the spicy thing..right now..

So lately I have been eating eggs and 1 apple..

Now my break fast will go like this:

2 scrambled eggs...1 melon..and one small bowl of gutenfree oatmeal, with cinnamon or ginger.

Or a smoothie green, with one fruit...

Or the same as above except boil the eggs!!

or the omeltes, consisting of broccolli/or romaine lettuce, with scrambled eggs, and some light white meat..after my ulcer heal I will add back in some small amts of onions and peppers.

I have a question , when you guys say melon, what kind are you refferring to?

which melon has the lowest amnt of sugar?

Thanks!

Search in the browser

www.glutenfreefoods.com

or www.glutenfreeoats.com

There are tons of sites online with gluten free foods, with the rise of celiac disease..ext..

You want to buy from a reptuable source...and try to eat only basic gluten free foods..because whilst most of them are gluten free ,they also sometime have other ingredients we try and avoid here...dairy/soy/sugars/peanuts...many other food allergens...

BUt you will find plenty of gluten free foods online.

Gluten free cereal should be alright :)

I saw one that says on Ingredient " Brown rice , Brown rice Setup.

that's it!!

^^ might get back at it.. but wished there was Rice milk ( unsweetened )

my breakfast consists of: a cup of green tea and a small bowl of plain soy yogurt w/ ground flaxseed, almonds, cinnamon, fresh blueberries, unsweetened coconut, etc.

Thought this sounded interesting. Especially for people who really want cereal for breakfast.

Quinoa Cereal

Toast 1/4 cup quinoa in a dry pan over medium heat for 2 to 3 minutes until it "pops"; add 1/4 cup apple juice, 1/4 cup water, and dried fruit and cook for about 20 minutes.

mmm these are soo good! I got these recipes from The Truth About beauty by Kat James, I changed some things a tiny bit:

Coconut Flour Pancakes (makes one pancake):

1 egg or 2 tbsp arrowroot powder

1/8 tsp vanilla extract

1 packet stevia

1/16 tsp salt

1/6 cup coconut milk unsweetened

1/16 tsp baking powder

1 1/2 tbsp coconut flour

blend together grill over med heat with oil or butter. serve with greek yogurt and blueberries sprinkled with xylitol. =) I thought it was better than normal pancakes.

I found this while poking around the internet. I've tried it and its actually pretty good. Nice substitute for oatmeal porridge when on a limited grain diet. Its REALLY filling too.

-1/4 cup ground flax seeds

-1/4 water

-1 egg

-any add-ins (cinnamon, fruit, coconut, sweetner etc..)

Mix well the flax, water and egg and microwave for about 45 seconds.

Move the cooked part into the center and put the add-ins there.

Microwave for 45 more seconds.

I saw another version without the egg...just pour boiling water over the flax and let sit for a minute.

I found this while poking around the internet. I've tried it and its actually pretty good. Nice substitute for oatmeal porridge when on a limited grain diet. Its REALLY filling too.

-1/4 water

-1 egg

I saw another version without the egg...just pour boiling water over the flax and let sit for a minute.

how do u prepare the egg cooked boiled or just raw?

-1/4 water

-1 egg

Oh, you just put it in raw...it cooks really quickly in the microwave.

Back when I was a vegan eating oatmeal and rice milk for breakfast I could never really get full. I would eat huge amounts of the stuff and never feel satisfied even though my stomach was physically full to the point of bloating. I'm glad those days are over for good!

Not a mistery though. (explainig this might be helpful to others)

Outmeal has a low satiety index and is usually mixed with other low saxiety index foods.

The result is a palatable but non-satiating combination.

For example a cup of oatmeal and rice milk has a certain saxiety index.

Exponentially if we start adding sugar to it, the more sugar we will add the more the satiety index will plummet.

Sweets are the least satiating and most caloric dense preparations on earth (think cakes)

With a first course it is easy to settle on 100 calories per 100 grams but with sweets it is no less than 300 calories per 100 grams. A person eating only first courses could easily lose and maintain weight. If a person has ate sweets at every meal it would be absolutely impossible not to gain weight.

Spinach, peppers and eggs are clearly 100 times for satiating.

Another common terrible combination is ham sandwiches (bread and cured meat) the bottom of satiatability. It's interesting for example how a big plate of undressed pasta is often considered a "sacrifice" to prevent weight gain while it is actually worse than a more rich food. In fact a smaller portion of pasta seasoned with veggies and a bit of better is a correct satiatible combination.

But let's say you want to maintain a "sweet" breakfast because you can't stand the idea of eating lunch foods at breakfast or because you feel you need some sugars to function better in the morning; then it's easy (knowing the caloric density and satiety indexes of foods) to design a satiating breakfast holding you for many hours.

These are some possible examples:

English cream with cinnamon and orange

Fruit pie

Strudel

Ricotta cheese and cocoa

Mascarpone and honey-iced figs

Cottage cheese and honey

Yogurt and fresh fruits

Banana omelette

-1/4 water

-1 egg

Oh, you just put it in raw...it cooks really quickly in the microwave.

this is sooo good :dance: ...

especially being on a candida diet.

next best thing to oatmeal so it helps alot with cravings.

thnx 4 psting this.

great idea.

But let's say you want to maintain a "sweet" breakfast because you can't stand the idea of eating lunch foods at breakfast...

That's why I eat baked sweet potato slices with butter and cinnamon. And occasionally, a tiny amount of my sister's homeade orange or lemon marmalade stirred into the butter.

For breakfast lol I eat a green smoothie! 1lb of fresh crispy lettuce with my favorite monkey food! :D oh and its gotta have at least 1-2 ounces of super chia seed to build strong and healthy bones!! and have energy like an aztek warrior