Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
TonyX

Bad Acne [Pics] Need Suggestions

----

April 14, 2008

I stumbled upon this website somehow recently i forgot.

I have bad acne pics are included in the post

I live in the US and i currently don't have insurance

I'm trying to get insurance through TriCare.

Until then I'm looking for products I can get over the counter

Or buy online to help reduce/clear my acne/scars/redmarks?

Whatever they are

Any Tips/Advice/Suggestions are welcomed.

Thanks

-Tony

(I've already tried proactiv it doesn't seem to work for me)

----

October 22, 2008

Well its been 6 months, I currently have TriCare.

I'm getting there :]!

---

Front

http://img210.imageshack.us/img210/6662/frontce1.jpg [April 14, 2008]

--

http://img510.imageshack.us/img510/230/img0669yf0.jpg [October 22, 2008]

Left

http://img186.imageshack.us/my.php?image=leftpd1.jpg [April 14, 2008]

--

http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/3198/img0679xh4.jpg [October 22, 2008]

Right

http://img175.imageshack.us/img175/4987/rightkc8.jpg [April 14, 2008]

--

http://img513.imageshack.us/img513/1636/img0678tx8.jpg [October 22, 2008]

Not sure that you posted this in right section. But I'd recommend you take a look at the holistic section... see if there's any improvements to your diet that could help. There's a whole bunch of information on this website and the forums =) Welcome though.

Accutane is the way to go, but I heard it is extremely expensive without insurance

I would try the regimen, which can be found using top

Sorry to break it to you but i really dont think theirs anything in the world that you can buy over the counter for severe acne.

Why would you need insurance? accutane is pretty expensive, but very affordable, its 150$ a month for 5 months.

Ps, Brandy, i dont think their stands a chance of regimen working.

Pss, Tony, Proactive is for mild acne.. like 1 pimple...

Speak to a dermatolgist, but before you take it i want you to know it has possible side effects, from dry skin to skin infection to vision problems. Some say it causes depression to but that is not proven.

Its very effective, i think it help you allot

Speak to a dermatolgist, but before you take it i want you to know it has possible side effects, from dry skin to skin infection to vision problems. Some say it causes depression to but that is not proven.

Its very effective, i think it help you allot

You should see a dermatologist. If you can't get accutane, then at least doxycycline that should work very well too. I fell into your same trap I thought proactiv works for acne and it does I guess if it's mild, and mine at that time actually wasn't too bad. But the thing is they kinda trick you into it with the pictures! A lot of the pictures the people have severe acne but supposedly if you have severe acne your acne gets even more "severe" after proactiv. Least that's what happened in my case.

Maybe your family doctor could prescribe it for you? I don't know about that though.

I have tricare, are you in the military?

Severe acne seems to run in my family. I was placed on amoxicillin(trial) for a couple of months and cleared. My sisters went towards Accutane and also cleared.

You'll have the search your area for a Derm who also takes ppl w/o insurance and find the costs there. Some take payments in increments.

I'm a medical esthetician and I work for a dermatologist. After looking at your pics, I am telling with 100% certainty you need to see a derm who will most likely put you on Accutane. You have inflamed cycstic acne.

If you don't have insurance they can put you on generic Accutane. You will still have to pay for blood work, office visits. Call a derm in your area and ask. It will be the best money you ever spent.

There are NO over the counter products that will help you. ProActive is meant for grade one or two acne as are most OTC acne products.

Severe acne seems to run in my family. I was placed on amoxicillin(trial) for a couple of months and cleared. My sisters went towards Accutane and also cleared.

You'll have the search your area for a Derm who also takes ppl w/o insurance and find the costs there. Some take payments in increments.

Yeah i broke out during my BCT/AIT training

-------

I'll be going to a dermatologist once my Tricare kicks in

My coverage starts May1st, until thennn more waiting..

Glamourous is that really you in that pic, damn. Where do you live i wanna take you out on a date. Damn.

Dude, that is some serious acne. YOU NEED TO SEE A DERM. And i think Accutane is the only way to go. Other products wont work on acne this severe. Don't you have parents that can set you up with a derm and pay for this?

Glamourous is that really you in that pic, damn. Where do you live i wanna take you out on a date. Damn.

Dude, that is some serious acne. YOU NEED TO SEE A DERM. And i think Accutane is the only way to go. Other products wont work on acne this severe. Don't you have parents that can set you up with a derm and pay for this?

Accutane is really the only option and even though my insurance covered about 90% of it, I would still pay if I had to do it again without insurance. It's the best decision in my life. Nothing else is going to work for you really.

Your state is about how my skin was before Accutane and I know it sucked man. Best of luck to you...

Accutane is really the only option and even though my insurance covered about 90% of it, I would still pay if I had to do it again without insurance. It's the best decision in my life. Nothing else is going to work for you really.

Your state is about how my skin was before Accutane and I know it sucked man. Best of luck to you...

Stop talking to my girlfriend like that...asshole :ninja:

Tony, get accutane. Your acne is what it is meant for. It might suck for a few months, but it will get rid of it.

Btw, if cost is the main issue here, take out a loan. It's going to set your back maybe a thousand, but avoiding the cost is being penny wise pound foolish.

That said, what's your skin history? How long have you had acne?

Yea, definitely Accutane. I believe TRICARE has different plans/options? I hope you get the right coverage since Accutane's cost is steep.

Went to the derm today

she wouldn't put me on accutane until i get insurance.

due to the cost of bloodwork/accutane

But got teracycline(500mg), Duac Topical Gel, Differin, Benziq and injected my face w/ something i forget

--