Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

If i pull off the skin that is not ready to peel off , what should i put on to relieve the infection? Ice? nesporin? or vaseline? should i cover it with a bandage aid?

If you have that much irritation from peeling the skin, I would say not to peel it. You risk further scarring by doing so.

But, if you are going to peel it, spenco is good. Neosporin may good, but if it has antibiotics, you have to be careful, because that can make things worse sometimes. Definately try to keep it moist. Forget the ice it'll just constrict your blood vessels.

HTH

Emma

hi,

Please do not do anything more to your skin for scars, dcy. Try following Dan's regimen and treat your acne first. You're going to damage your skin terribly if you keep this up.

footprint

Never peel the scab of a wound. That is about the worse thing you can do. It has the real potentail to make the scarring look much worse.

The whole point of TCA treatment or any treatment on scars that leaves a scab, is for the scab to form and for it to fall off naturally. The longer the scab is on, the more likely that healthy healing and collagen renewal will occur.

James