Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Meri-Tuuli

AHhhhhhh I hate adult acne!

Ahhhh ahhh ahhhh!!!! :confused:

I'm totally fed up with my skin!!!!!

I'm completely and utterly sick of it.

I'm 27 female and have been battling mild/moderate acne all my life. Aghhhhh!

Its not even so much the actual acne - I usually have one or two pustules and either an active nodule or its dying remains - its the red hyperpigmentation marks, the clogged pores, the red marks the clogged pores. THE CLOGGED PORES!

The thing is, I wouldn't say that my skin was oily - it produces normal amounts of oil (naturally its never oily) but I think my pores clog easily (and probably involves ah, whats that disease called that makes you have bumps/chicken skin on your arms?).

My clogged pores my clogged pores! I get the most zits on my forehead and chin.

I'm just going to follow an adapted verion of DKR I think.

The only time I feel my sick looks vaguely normal is when I'm using a nice layer of foundation and the lighting is soft!

Anyway I guess I was ahem, just venting, but feel free to comment. :)

Know what you mean, I still deal with this crap. I am 48 and I work with kids half my age and they have the kind of skin I wish I had when I was their age and most certainly now. ONe of the girls has the most flawless, porless, even toned skin, I just want to smack her!!!! The other one eats all kinds of fried foods and drinks about a gallon of soda a day, basically crap food and complains of one zit a year!!! Now she is pregnant and was complaing to me the other day about her skin breaking out, how oily it was and in just general bad, and I am looking at her and thinking WHERE? Its flawless, just goes to show that hormones are on her side! meanwhile, I have zits, dry skin, eczema and now laugh lines, wrinkles and trying to find a good make up that will help my skin while they throw whatever kind of make up on and still look great. And by the way, one wears Neutrogena and the other one nothing but cover girl, both of which I can't wear, it causes instant break out for me. So it sucks!!!!! Elf

Yes hyperpigmentation is horrible and so are red marks. Im sorry you have to go through that. I certainly can relate to have hyperpigmentation (thats mostly on my chest though) and red marks which are only on my face. Having two pimples, Im not gonna say my skin is worse than yours because I hate when people do that, but two pimples isnt considered acne in my opinion

I'm in your position. I'm 26 and a half and I have mild acne now (since I was 13), except when I get breakouts which seems like moderate/severe! lol At least when you're a teenager you know you're not alone and have the hope that one day, by the time you're 18-20 it will go away. With adult acne you never know! The next crucial timepoint is when you hit 30 I suppose. Many people with acne have seen it subside by then. If it doesn't, you're... effed! lol Arggh!!!

Helllllo to all you kind folks who replied to my somewhat angst ridden post.

I feel slightly embarrassed by it now! :redface:

But anyway.

I suppose I don't have bad acne, but still. Its not so much that, I realise that its probably mild, its just that I've had it now for 13+ years constantly with no sign of growing out of it! It didn't bother me too much when I was a teenager (like 10 years ago now!) because I thought that by now (I'm nearly 28) I'd have grown out of it. Plus lots of other kids had it but now..... nearly everyone I know doesn't get acne! Its downright embarrassing trying to be a 'professional' and I'm still getting acne! Grrrr!

Oh well. Maybe one day, one day I'll have grown out of it.

Plus I have OCD/panic disorder which doesn't help matters. I'm permantly afraid of contaiminating myself (I know I know crazy crazy) so it doesn't help when I'm trying to apply BP/creams etc. I think thats really the problem, because if I actually used some products then I'm sure my acne would be alot less.

I mean, for weeks I didn't use anything other than a simple wash with water only in the mornings and evenings and a foundation that probably clogged my pores :rolleyes:

So I have only myself to blame really.

Sigh.

Hi,

I have a similiar experience to all of you and it is REALLY frustrating on occasion...I've started dating again, going out and socializing, and of course when working and/or applying to jobs acne can cause you to feel really self-concious...having acne in any of these situations makes it twice has hard to maintain confidence...BUT....

I've just been trying to be really postive about the whole experience(don't get me wrong I do have bad days where I don't want to leave the house without makeup etc) but I've come to realize every individual has challenges to deal with whether it's acne, hair loss, weight, low self-esteem, and I think that having acne has made me be able to empathize better with others.

Try to smile often...it will get better soon!

Yeah, I'm applying for a new job right now. I have an interview next week. And guess what ~ it's a dermatology company. We'll see how it goes. But I am totally qualified. I hate to think you can only work there if you have flawless skin.

Ahhhh ahhh ahhhh!!!! :confused:

I'm totally fed up with my skin!!!!!

I'm completely and utterly sick of it.

I'm 27 female and have been battling mild/moderate acne all my life. Aghhhhh!

Its not even so much the actual acne - I usually have one or two pustules and either an active nodule or its dying remains - its the red hyperpigmentation marks, the clogged pores, the red marks the clogged pores. THE CLOGGED PORES!

The thing is, I wouldn't say that my skin was oily - it produces normal amounts of oil (naturally its never oily) but I think my pores clog easily (and probably involves ah, whats that disease called that makes you have bumps/chicken skin on your arms?).

My clogged pores my clogged pores! I get the most zits on my forehead and chin.

I'm just going to follow an adapted verion of DKR I think.

The only time I feel my sick looks vaguely normal is when I'm using a nice layer of foundation and the lighting is soft!

Anyway I guess I was ahem, just venting, but feel free to comment. :)

I feel your pain. I'm 34 and I'm convinced I'll be battling wrinkles and zits simultaneously. . . wait, I am battling wrinkles and zits simultaneously! :rolleyes: I have had acne ever since I hit puberty at age 11 and it just keeps on evolving along with me. I have a two-year old son who loves to point at my zits and say "red red red" over and over, and then I got to work and where I have my elderly clients say crap like, "Looks like someone's been eating a lot of chocolate," or "You better lay off the French fries, honey." :evil: God bless 'em all, but can't people just STFU? Seriously! I just want to shake them ans say, "Don't you think I know I have crappy skin? Do you have any idea how much time and money I have invested in treating my condition? Please. Just do me a favor and shut up!" Anyway, sorry to jack your thread. I guess misery loves company, right? :redface:;)

gosh

I also hate it so soo much.

Wanna cry each time I have a bad breakout coming at the wrong time.

And it took just one-two days to create a breakout and took so long to heal them..

:).

Well you are not alone..

We all here hate adult pimples, I guess you are luckier that yours are the mild one.. :D