Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
themagicofmagic

Just stopping all treatments...

So I've been battling with my acne for 7 months now, and nothing has really improved it. I've tried lots of things, and I am currently in the 7th week of the regimen and nothing has really changed.

My acne was never really that bad, and has only gotten worse since I started trying all this stuff. I basically go through a cycle of healing, breaking out, healing, and then breaking out. I'm wondering if just stopping all the treatments and going natural is a good idea?

Thanks.

Oh, yeah, the only thing that seemed to really help was when I went to mexico for springbreak...I was swimming in the ocean/pool/sun for 8 days and I was almost 100% clear when I got back.

I don't think it'll hurt. I started using tons of products and even though they'd help heal some of the acne, a lot more popped up too. I haven't been using any facial cleansers--just some spot treatment--and it's helped a bit I think. Also refraining from using a washcloth has seemed to make things better.

So...You lessened the products? Like what do you use now? I'm a guy so I basically used only the treatments and nothing much else on my face...And as far as stopping the regimen, should I just slowly apply less BP or do it right away?

I stopped using products like daily cleanser and my skin improved alot. I'm still breaking ou but much lesser than I did during the 7 years I used products. Nowdays im just using aspirin mask, once every 2 week to clean dead cells and stuff. So give it a try and see.