Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

i dont know if this is common or not but whenever im with a friend of freidns and go out, i always feel like im the outcast, like everyone in the clique is mor epopular then i am and they just "brought" me. like yesterday, i was with my friend at the mall and he wanted to see who was in the mall b4 e saw the movie and i felt so weird cuz i felt he was more popular then i am. i dont really know how else to explain it but isnt that kinda strange. like even when someone wants to hang out with me, i feel im not good enough for them

You're deffinately not alone, and it's all in your head. Just keep confident (or the appearance of it at least) and it'll be fine. Easier said than done I know.

If you feel like this because of acne, confidence is still the key. I know this guy, a good friend of mine now, with flaming red hair, pale white skin, and red scarring covering his face. When I first met him I thought to myself man, how would I feel waking up looking like that? (Before I got acne) But after I met him and saw how comfortable he was in his own skin his appearance didn't matter, because he obviously didn't care what people thought about how he looked so I didn't. But it takes time to get there. I'm still trying to follow that advice myself.

When Im with my bestfriend Melissa and shes with her work friend & sort-of-my-friend-that-I-hate-most-of-the-time I feel like they just invited me so I wouldnt feel left out and then that just pisses me off.

Then I just feel like a charity case or something, like there being my friends by bothering to take me with them.

It always gets on my nerves and then eventually I end up pissed off and bitchy.

As long as you have the mentality that "you're not good enough", you will not be good enough. When you hang out with someone, you shouldn't be thinking "what if they dont really want to hang out with me?" you should be thinking "is this kid good enough for me to hang out with?" I know you guys all think that acne=all your troubles, but really you need to get your inner self sorted out as well. So many people get clear and then they're like "wtf this is like the exact same thing as having acne, i'm still not mr popular." Appearance is a small part of the popular guy, especially for friends of the same sex. They're not looking to hook up with you, y the heck r u getting self conscious?

By popular I just meant like the people that everybody likes to be with. I'm talking like Ferris Beuller type people hah.

By popular I just meant like the people that everybody likes to be with. I'm talking like Ferris Beuller type people hah.

Quality not quantity though. The first thing you're doing wrong is sizing yourself up to him. He's a completely unique, different person from yourself. Second, "popularity" means nothing unless you're having substantial, deep connections with other people. Anyone can be "well liked" but not have a single real friend.

Quality not quantity though. The first thing you're doing wrong is sizing yourself up to him. He's a completely unique, different person from yourself. Second, "popularity" means nothing unless you're having substantial, deep connections with other people. Anyone can be "well liked" but not have a single real friend.