Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Oasis88

Question about facial masks

Hey all,

So I'm a guy and naturally don't know anything about facial masks. If I told my teenage self that one day I'd be using a mask I wouldn't believe it - but here I am I guess lol...

I ordered the Proactiv stuff and while I don't like their products I did like the refining mask. I've actually got it on right now and it feels pretty good. The problem is, I'm sending the proactiv stuff back so I can't keep the mask or buy them separately at a later stage.

So, I'm wondering what everyone's favorite masks are? What ingredients should I look for and what are the best ones? I have moderate acne with most of it being bumps under the skin. Are there any masks that can help me? I don't want anything too complex, just a tube or something that you buy from the chemist (I'm definitely sending a female friend in to get it for me LOL).

Tell me everything you know about masks and any experiences you can share. I'd really appreciate that.

Thanks guys!

Paula's Choice's Masks are quite good as well. She really knows her stuff when it comes to skincare (what ingredients to avoid etc) and it's clearly reflected in her skin care line. Depending on where you live, the main site is cosmeticscop.com, if you live in e.g. Europe, then theres an option on the website to go to the Europe branch of the website.

Also if you want, sign up to makeupalley, the name sounds cheesy but it's a review website where there are reviews to hundreds of products and skin care lines, Paula's Choice being one of them. Just a note, use those reviews as a general opinion of the product, as different things work for different people.

Best of luck

I use a bigger amount of Dermol Cream than I would during the day for my face mask, leave it for about 10 - 20 mins.

I find natural masks nice. It works and it's not chemical based :)

Try honey with ACV or lemon juice even add some aspirin in there. It's cheap and effective.

It definitely works for me

There are some decent masks out there, but I don't think any mask by itself is going to do much for moderate acne. Are you using (or planning to use) any other treatment products right now?

My personal favorite mask is Joey New York Pure Pores Masque. It's not sticky and when you put it on, it doesn't feel uncomfortable. I hates the ones that crack when you move your face, but this one is really nice, doesn't do that. It's so light that you can't feel it on your face. Anyway, it has a calming effect on skin, and tightens up the pores too. It's hard to describe, but when you wash it off, your face just looks instantly better. So, it's good before you go out for the evening to a party or dinner or something; like a quick refresh.

I buy it at Ulta.com I think it's around $28.00. But I only use it a few times a month, so it lasts forever.

There are some decent masks out there, but I don't think any mask by itself is going to do much for moderate acne. Are you using (or planning to use) any other treatment products right now?

Honey Aspirin mask, best mask in the world and it'll cost you a whopping 6 dollars or less, and all the ingredients are very guy friendly (I'm a guy too). All you need is honey, aspirin and water. Here are in depth directions on how to make it: (just ignore the part about the toner, but moisturize with your favorite moisturizer afterwards like it says)

Aspirin Mask