Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
(eLLe)

how do you girls deal with hormonal acne?

every single month, i have 2 weeks of clear smooth skin, 1 week of pimples and clogged pores, and finally 1 week of the process of clearing up. and then the cycle repeats. :boohoo::boohoo::boohoo: my guess is that it's 99.99999% related to hormones and the menstrual cycle.

is there a way of dealing with it? some medicine/drugs i can eat? any herbal/holistic way?

haha, i know this is not cosmetics & style. but i figured this board probably has way more ladies who knows what i'm talking about. ;)

How long have you been on this current cetaphil, Paulas Choice, jojoba oil regimen? Maybe those are clogging your pores and its time to try something else preferrably prescription since over the counter cleansers and medications are AWEFUL!

Have you read the Aleve thread? That helps me incredibly, and it helps a lot of others, too. Your current regimen looks nice, as it incorporates several things that are good for most people and I like those products myself. :)

Have you read the Aleve thread? That helps me incredibly, and it helps a lot of others, too. Your current regimen looks nice, as it incorporates several things that are good for most people and I like those products myself. :)

Yep, I do the Aleve thing, too (see my regime down there). Just a warning, do not overdo it, it's rough on your stomach lining. Make sure to eat something first.

I'm taking Ortho Tri-Cyclen Lo for the first time to try and control my hormonal acne...

So far, it *seems* to have made my more stubborn acne-prone areas clearer, but it's also given me a whole bunch of little pimples on my forehead! My bangs cover them but ergh, I didn't expect this pill to make one place better and another worse. It's only my first month though, so I'm hoping this is just my body getting used to it and it'll go away soon...

Does the Aleve thing really work? On top of the acne thing, this pill's also made me gain some weight...I'd maybe want to give Aleve a try if Ortho Tri-Cy Lo's side effects don't wind down...

How long have you been on this current cetaphil, Paulas Choice, jojoba oil regimen? Maybe those are clogging your pores and its time to try something else preferrably prescription since over the counter cleansers and medications are AWEFUL!

don't think my routine's the culprit. i've been doing this for like over a year now. and it manages to clear my skin for 2 weeks out of a month. haha.

gonna go check it out, it seems promising!!!!!!! :dance: :dance: thank you!

Yep, I do the Aleve thing, too (see my regime down there). Just a warning, do not overdo it, it's rough on your stomach lining. Make sure to eat something first.

thank you!!!!

Keep in mind though Aleve shouldnt be taken too often; it can lead to strokes and possibly even death

thank you!!!!!!

Just follow the package directions for naproxen sodium (Aleve) and you'll be just fine...

PS: The only way I found to combat weight gain while on birth control is to carefully watch everything I eat, plus add in some exercise. Unfortunately it seemed that the pill made me hungry all the time, and I'd give in as I was used to eating only when I was hungry, but this was a false hunger, I did not need that food. I drank tons of water to blunt the appetite as well, and that did help also.

gah, just found out aleve is a prescription drug in canada....... oy....

has anybody tried eating evening primrose oil capsules?

gah, just found out aleve is a prescription drug in canada....... oy....

has anybody tried eating evening primrose oil capsules?

Yes, in college, just taking evening primrose oil cleared my skin. I stopped taking it for a few years, and now I'm taking it again along with the rest of my routine, so it's harder to judge its effect.

i do the aleve thing too. the generic for aleve is naproxen sodium. is there any sort of pain reliever available over the counter that has this in it? i would assume not if aleve isn't, but it might be worth checking out.

i do the aleve thing too. the generic for aleve is naproxen sodium. is there any sort of pain reliever available over the counter that has this in it? i would assume not if aleve isn't, but it might be worth checking out.

I use a Safeway knock-off of Aleve (it's like 4 bucks cheaper). Just go to the pain killer aisle in the grocery store and look for any store-brands that say "naproxen sodium" on it.

:doh: I've had naproxen sodium sitting in my medicine cabinet for months and I haven't used it! I am definitely trying it. I'll have to wait another month though, just went through my premenstrual. Can it help with post flare ups at all?

:doh: I've had naproxen sodium sitting in my medicine cabinet for months and I haven't used it! I am definitely trying it. I'll have to wait another month though, just went through my premenstrual. Can it help with post flare ups at all?

my understanding is that different women will break out at different times during their cycle. i find that i breakout more after my cycle than before. some women will have hormonal breakouts between cycles. the best thing to do is start taking it a couple days before your normal breakout out and continue through your normal breakout time. i'll look for the official thread for you....

found it!