Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Noremac

Ok so here's my dillema

I have quite a bit of scars on my forehead. nowhere else. it really, really bothers me and i have to wear a hat all the time to cover them. I cannot be in a situation in which i can't wear a hat. it's become such a habit and comfort of mine that i will have a massive panic attack if i'm not wearing one for more than 3 seconds. I really need a job but not many good paying ones allow hats (i can't express to you the extent of this ridiculous bullshit i have to deal with every day...) which i know is really immature and i'm really trying to overcome it because i am in desperate need of money. and without money i can't get a surgical procedure done. i would ask my parents to pay for it but they already pay for my gas, car, and college. and i already feel fucking horrible about all that. not too mention i cant let them know how i feel about these scars. i threw the idea around of making fat, deep cuts across my forehead as to cover the acne ones. but i dont think thats gonna work out. im really stuck right now and i guess im just looking for some suggestions?

thanks for reading.

i really think you should let your parents know how your feeling about your scars. if they effect you that much you really shouldnt keep that hidden from your family. im sure they wouldn't want to see you suffer.. && getting a job is really a necessity if you want healing. so you kinda have 2 options.

1) talk to you parents even though you dont want to

or

2) wear makeup =\...

i hope you can get your scars treated because i thought the longer you have them

the harder it is to get rid of? i thought...

(1) Get a job anywhere so you can pay for your scar treatments

or

(2) Get a fast-food job that requires you to wear hats so you can pay for your scar treatments

or

(3) Wait until you've graduated, try finding a good job that doesn't require hats, and if you can't find one, be an unemployed college graduate...with older scars.

Those are some options!

As an alternative to wearing hats all the time, you could try growing your hair out a bit so that your bangs cover your forehead. My shaggy long hair covers almost all of my forehead so I never really worry about what it looks like, just the rest of my face. I work at an office job and even with shaggy long hair it can be made presentable in a "professional" fashion.

I'm sure you're well aware of it already, but be careful about wearing hats 24/7, it's not healthy for your hair. G'luck!

I have quite a bit of scars on my forehead. nowhere else. it really, really bothers me and i have to wear a hat all the time to cover them. I cannot be in a situation in which i can't wear a hat. it's become such a habit and comfort of mine that i will have a massive panic attack if i'm not wearing one for more than 3 seconds. I really need a job but not many good paying ones allow hats (i can't express to you the extent of this ridiculous bullshit i have to deal with every day...) which i know is really immature and i'm really trying to overcome it because i am in desperate need of money. and without money i can't get a surgical procedure done. i would ask my parents to pay for it but they already pay for my gas, car, and college. and i already feel fucking horrible about all that. not too mention i cant let them know how i feel about these scars. i threw the idea around of making fat, deep cuts across my forehead as to cover the acne ones. but i dont think thats gonna work out. im really stuck right now and i guess im just looking for some suggestions?

thanks for reading.

grow a fringe