Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
cbrown_869

Neutrogena 'ON THE SPOT' vs Clean and Clear Advantage 'Acne Spot Treatment'

Yes, the C&C is Salicylic Acid and the Neutrogena is benzoyl peroxide. I have used both of those. Salicylic acid did nothing for me. Personally, I think you are better off the with the Neutrogena if your skin is okay with the BP.

I used the Clean and Clear spot treatment a few times and it would take out some redness and inflammation, but would leave behind a small pinkish bump..my pimples would not heal completely. I used it over a month ago and still have the bumps. It's the only SA product I've used so I don't know if that's just how my skin reacts with SA, but for me it did more harm than good.

Also on this site the neutrogena on the spot is rated a 3.7 vs a 2.9 for the Clean and Clear

The C and C is a good spot treatment, i use it when i see a pimple starting, but I would only reccommend it as a spot treatment. Use the Neutrogena as your regular acne treatment and the C and C as a spot treatment.

I used the Clean and Clear spot treatment a few times and it would take out some redness and inflammation, but would leave behind a small pinkish bump..my pimples would not heal completely. I used it over a month ago and still have the bumps. It's the only SA product I've used so I don't know if that's just how my skin reacts with SA, but for me it did more harm than good.

Also on this site the neutrogena on the spot is rated a 3.7 vs a 2.9 for the Clean and Clear

Nuetrogena On-The-Spot is 2.5% Benzoyl Peroxide

Nutrogena is salicyle acid not bp. Had to go and look to make sure. I use the nutrogena and have had lots of luck with it stopping pimples in their tracks.

Let me clarify myself I use Neutrogena Rapid Clear Acne Eliminating Spot Gel, it is salicyilc acid. Only use it on the pimple itself. Use bp all over my face.