Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

How bad can touching your face affect breakouts? What about things other than just your palms, like your hand, arm, something else etc etc.

anything that promotes irritation doesn't help. Since your hands come into contact with all kinds of things everday you really don't want to be sticking them on your face. You can spread bacteria from one place on your face to the next, plus you can add in new irritants dirt, bacteria etc. People often get acne following the contours of helmets and chin straps.

I think it varies greatly from person to person. I find that abrasions to my skin make my acne much worse, unfortunately there isn't much I can do about it, because it's mostly caused by my pillow and my hair.(yes, I have been meaning to get a hair cut leave me alone wink.gif

My hair in my face probably irratates my skin the most.. I always wore it down but since keeping it up... Thats helped.

Other than that its when i sleep, Ill sleep with my face in the pillow some nights....garanteed ill wake up and my face is quite red at first.

I tryed all the "sleep a certain way" antics the once.. But sod that... Nothing affects my sleep [-X

Yeah, I know what you're asking.

Like, if I have an itch on my face, I know not to touch it with my fingers but is using my knuckles or wrist any better?