Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
hellonoobz

Need some help with supplement/digestion question

I want to start taking fish oil capsules. Right now Rite Aid in my area has natures bounty on sale, buy one get one free. They look good to me because they have a high amount of fish oil omega 3 and also the EPA and DHA, comparable to more expensive name brands like Nordic Naturals, IMO.

I was going to get the ones that are odorless. Apparently they have an Enteric coating that allows the pill to bypass the stomach and be digested in the small intestine instead.

Is this really safe? It worries me, I always thought he stomach was for digesting not the SI, I dont want pills to be sitting down there not going anywhere.

"This unique supplement is odorless, which means the active ingredients bypass the stomach and are digested in the small intestine, which can minimize annoying fish burps and aftertaste."

^^^Thats the exact wording they use, any help would be appreciated, I was going to buy them today,or get a rain check actually because they sold out the first hour they were on sale. Thanks:)

The general consensus is that they actually work better bypassing the stomache. I don't think they actually need to be digested par-say- just absorbed through the intestine since it's already broken down to the fatty acids. Though I have to say, even those kind your talking about always gave me fish burps while the liquid cod liver oil and fish oil never do, even at much higher dosages- and same with many others...