Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Yes, I am clear. I went from having huge lumps of sebum/blackheads/whiteheads all over my ears, neck, cheeks, face... to clear.

The reason I believe that I might need to keep increasing the dosage of the supplements is because of all the research I've done during the last three days. I have read so much that all I can say is that I think this new research about the diabetes diet & increasing insulin insensivity is the only answer for us.

Yes, I am clear. I went from having huge lumps of sebum/blackheads/whiteheads all over my ears, neck, cheeks, face... to clear.

The reason I believe that I might need to keep increasing the dosage of the supplements is because of all the research I've done during the last three days. I have read so much that all I can say is that I think this new research about the diabetes diet & increasing insulin insensivity is the only answer for us.

dotty1 :D you are way to cool :D:D!! mhh, but now i wonder ? is this safe ? and is there enough research on it ?.. i bought dim which was considered "safe" but none research at all nearly has been made on it :/ whats the status of this one ? :) and lastly, are those intake amounts safe, and proven safe you know, or am i going to go through a risk, in order to maybe get my hopes back :/

Hail ya dotty the first

What kind of cinnamon do you use guys?

Cause there are two common types - cinnamon and cassia, only the latter being used in the Type II Diabetes treatment.

Where do you get your cinnamon from? Groceries' seasoning shelfs or the special diabetes-adapted stuff?

My second question is - is there any difference between chromium yeast and chromium piccolinate?

Also, Dotty1 - where did you get the daily intake numbers from? Why 6 grams of cinnamon and not 60?

The last question is WHY taking all three supplements at a time, while it seems that they all do the same job?

Thanx in advance for your feedback.

About the diabetic diet - that study didnt do a second group of low GI high fat so it could just as easily be the low GI aspect that improved the diabetes. I wonder if your friends (dotty) strictly did a low carb, low GI before trying the low-fat. If so, that's fascinating, it must have something to do with the body's fuel source changing.

But it doesn't explain how those of us switching to a high-fat low-carb diet have cleared their acne, some who seem to have had symptoms of diabetes and every reason to believe they were insulin resitant (extremely low energy after eating etc).

It's interesting. I'd like to see if the low GI low fat is as effective.

VERY important: see thesis below about the effect of antibiotics, drugs, sugar and synthetic VITAMIN supplements (almost all are) on a certain healing cells in our bodies that protect our pancreas function and hence from insulin resistance.

What this means is that the more we dose ourselves with synthetic substances including vitamins and minerals from good ol' health food shops, the effect of 'positive ionizing' on our bodies disturbs immune funxtion and kills vital cells that repair and stop damage to pancreas. It's complicated, but for those who are research-minded, definitely worth a glance.

http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0IS..._n19170435/pg_1

I just wanted to second serendip's question about the type of cinnamon used. There are several different types, cassia, etc, which one are we supposed to be using?

I just bought the bottle at the store in capsules. None of the research articles mention the type of cinnamon.

---------------------

I wanted to say that I am still clear on the cinnamon & chromium picolinate.

Ok so I'm going to give this whole blood sugar / androgen balancing thing a go too :dance:

I just had a look online and found a supplement by Solgar which has both Alpha Lipoic Acid and Cinnamon together - so I've ordered a couple of bottles of that (I'm in the UK). Ouch - a bit expensive here though, which is a pain.

Think I have to take 3 of those a day to get the right amounts of ALA (3 capsules gives you 450mg) but I think the Cinnamon is a fair bit less than the 6g which Dotty1 suggests. Still I can always add extra cinnamon to my food I suppose. Also I often fill my own capsules (I have one of those capsule filler kits) so I could just make up some extra cinnamon ones.

I already have some Chromium Picolinate at home so I'll take 3 or 4 of those a day too (they provide 100ug each).

So keep everything crossed for me folks - I sooooo hope this works for me ;)

And keep us posted on your progress Dotty1! :clap:

Dotty if I try this supplementation of what you suggested is there anything that could wrong if Im not a candidate. I do carb like crazy and eat lots of sugars LOTSSSS

Can you post up your routine

Like do you take 200 MG Chromium , 2 Grams Cinnamon the Morning and then again in the Evening or all at once ?

Yes, I'm taking 200mg of Chromium Picolinate right now...and 9 grams Cinnamon. My skin is still clear. I'd say its almost been a month?

I am definitely looking for a diet that re-sensitizes my body to insulin...

One of the diets that looks promising is the Low-Fat Low-GI diet (you guys can say it won't work --- but three of my friends were taken off their diabetic medications after 3 weeks of the diet --- so something about the diet worked! ;)). I am going to start that this next week.

Yes, I'm taking 200mg of Chromium Picolinate right now...and 9 grams Cinnamon. My skin is still clear. I'd say its almost been a month?

I am definitely looking for a diet that re-sensitizes my body to insulin...

One of the diets that looks promising is the Low-Fat Low-GI diet (you guys can say it won't work --- but three of my friends were taken off their diabetic medications after 3 weeks of the diet --- so something about the diet worked! ;)). I am going to start that this next week.

Gosh I hope I haven't freaked everyone out too much! :doh:

To summarise - cinnamon is great for balancing blood sugar, but as with most things, too much is not good for you (and by too much I mean 2 or 3 tablespoons a day for 2 years!)

A teaspoon or so a day would be fine I think (or more just while you're clearing your acne and then reduce it down again) :angel:

Hey, I want to update evryone on my regime. I have found that 200 mcg of Chromium Picolinate and 7-9grams of Cinnamon clears the skin.

The Cinnamon works so well that I might just stop the chromium picolinate all together. The Cinnamon is amazing.

In the weeks to come, I plan on going on the Low-GI Low-fat diet which has been proven to dramatically reduce insulin insensitivity. Then I can lower my dose of Cinnamon.

Hmmmmmmmmm, after reading the Cinnamon Toxicity thing, I better be careful and start the diet quickly :P

Thanks for the post!

Yay for chromium. I've just started taking it too for reversing insulin resistance. Glad to hear it's working for ya.

I just picked up some cinnamon. After doing some research, the results look pretty promising. It works differently in that it actually mimicks insulin so your body produces less of it. And as we all know, high insulin levels is the major cause of imflammation. This is on top of its antioxidant effect too, which is just another bonus.