Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
allex

have you ever felt so damn bad

You get up in the morning. It's supposed to be a beautiful day and you are supposed to do something really fun with the people you like. You get dressed up, put gel on your hair and had a nice breakfast. Such a nice day. But when you look into the mirror, you can't accept this is the image that people see in you. Your clothes are appropriate and stunning, your hair is stylish, but your skin looks like crap.

Could this be a wonderful day any more? You keep thinking, why me? why on the face? why no cure?

I don't want to lie to myself. There is no such "wonderful day" for me, maybe for ever. I wish my pathetic life ends at this moment so that I can start another one, with a normal skin. But who can guarantee there IS another life?

What is that "life is in the journey not in the destination" thing?

I have no life right now.. actually when did I?? I'm unemployed and obsessed with message boards, lol.

feelin for ya!

before bad skin, I didn't worry about how it looked before I left the house, I HAD FUN getting ready to go to a show or face the day. I would be extra creative with my clothes and makeup. I'm into punk rock and I have a lot of pride in what I look like. after I got acne it was embarassing for me to go outside sad.gif

my skin is sooooooo much better than even two months ago but it still takes me forever to feel presentable enough to go out with my freinds. I used to go to shows by myself and meet people, but I've gotten so damn shy with my silly physical hang ups I don't feel comfortable in even in my element. even though my skin is getting better it's taking a long time. I am impatient. all we can do is wake up everyday and try to take care of ourselves and hopefully something will work!

me myself, i'm on the road back to being "normal"...b5 did a great job with my skin and smoothbeam seems to be improving the scars..all i have to worry about now is a few spots...i have alot of making up to do..i spent the last few years locked up in my room because i was ashamed of my disguting skin...i was never suicidal though...because i knew that one day i would fucking beat this shit and i wanted to live to see the day acne would die!

i ve been where you all have been...ive given friends lame excuses not to go out because i was embarrased....hell ive lost a few friends as well because ive was so antisocial...i probably missed out on some possible girlfriends toowho knows...but i knew that one day, i would have clear or near clear skin again...and that day is fastly approaching....

so let that be a inspiration to you all..dont let acne beat you, you beat that monster! live to see the day that you conqured acne, one of the worst diseases in the world. if you can beat acne you can do anything remember that..if theres a will theres a way

I'm feelin 4 ya Allex. Just hang in there man. You've got a cool personality...nobody can see your face on message boards and the true you shines thru, baby!

I have had pretty bad acne since 9th grade; I let it affect my relationships with people and became pretty anti-social because of it during the summer transition between 9th and 10th grade, however, this year has been a complete turn around.

I still have pretty bad breakouts every now and then (like right now, I broke out with about 5 cysts and 5 ish inflamed pustules, and my skin suddenly became extremely oily), but I"m not going to let that ruin my life like it did during those years. I've tried pretty much every acne medication out there now except for accutane; the most recent treatment caused me to have severe allergic reactions two weeks into treatment (right before super bowl sunday), and I had migraines, BRIGHT RED (oompa loompa like) face tone, swollen face, swollen throat, and unbearable itchy skin.

The thing is, some of these things that are treating you guys right now are just temporary, eventually, it will stop working and you will either be back to where you were before (maybe even worse), or you will be completely cleared.

Either situation, don't let it run your life, there are way too many things out there to experience that if you let a trivial thing like acne ruin your lives then it'll come back to haunt you in the future. I don't want to hear any, "Oh, you must be overexaggerating about your acne condition" B.S., I prob have it worse than anyone at my school, but I just don't care that much to let it affect me anymore. I have a large group of close friends that I hang out with and we always have a good time, I'm pretty popular and have atleast 3-5 good friends in each of my classes; they're my friends because of WHO I AM... not what I look like on the outside...

Just keep your head up, better days will come...

dont let pimples get to you.... they come to 85% of people.... i have some acne scars, but i do whatever i want and dont let them get to me. LIFE SHALL BE LIVED WITH OUT REGRETS PEOPLE smile.gif dont live life in "what ifs" live it for what it is smile.gif

dude i hear ya, and im sure that everyone here can relate.. think about that SAME EXACT thing sometimes.. everything looks good, but then it just sucks because my skin looks like crap.. ugggggh i totally hear ya