Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Ronaldinho

Only acne sufferers will get this

Hey, i was reading that post on rear view mirrors and the guys completly right. I think its a bastard how you can look at one mirror and feel good but when you look at a different one your confidence goes. Anyway onto my question, this again has something to do with the different mirrors/lighting. Anyway i go clubbin alot wid ma mates and when a go to the bathroom they always have these huge mirrors in them with horrible bright lighting, but the good thing is i always look really really good under them, so what are the chances that i will look just as gd under less bright light? like if acne is supposed 2 show up under bright light then i must look good to everyone else under less light : #-o any commments any1, u guys/girls know what i am talkin about..

regards

Some very good points. I believe that it's not only the intensity of the lighting, but also the type of lighting as well. Low wattage bulbs fare better for me as opposed to bright flourescent lights. Furthermore, I think that the type of reflective surface has a lot to do with it as well. Ever look at yourself off the transparent reflection off a car window? Dramatic difference (for me).

What I wonder now is...do people also undergo these visual changes from light? I.e. Does our skin look better to other people under different lights, or are our eyes powerful and accurate enough for all things to remain equal? The trial continues...

I think it's mostly about the type of lighting. The brightness doesn't matter.. today I was in a shop trying some clothes on in a changing room. The lighting was dull but my skin looked really great. But then in my bathroom, with the second light on (there is 2 lights), which is a dull light, my face looks bad. All the tiny little marks show up. And there's a fluorescent light that is really bright in college in a bath room. My skin looks really bad.

There's a smokey mirror in the elevator at work. I look fantastic in it so I walk into work feeling great. I think if you think you look great, you will act like you look great and other people will think you look great. You're your own worst critic.

At least, I hope this theory works.

Generally, though, I think the lower the lighting the better people look. Candlelight is the best.

Guest Stu :-)
There's a smokey mirror in the elevator at work.  I look fantastic in it so I walk into work feeling great.  I think if you think you look great, you will act like you look great and other people will think you look great.  You're your own worst critic. 

At least, I hope this theory works.

I think that the real question is this: do people "look" or "inspect" our skin as much as we do? It's not like they're looking at us (even girl/boyfriends) with the intent to inspect our skin. It's one thing if your acne is really terrible, but if it's fairly moderate, then I'm pretty sure that people don't care nearly as much as we do. I mean, I think of all of the celebrities who have problems with acne (and have all of the money and resources in the world, but still can't stay clear--Britney, Brad, Diaz, Alicia Keys, etc.) and have to be subjected to people seeing their candids all over the web and in People magazine. Ouch!

Anyway, the worst "lighting" scenario for me that makes me overly self-conscious is a really bright, overcast day. Yikes!