Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
swimming

Why do Bad things happen to Good People?

I am personally christian, but recently my acne has got so bad that i am questioning God's existence.

I have noticed that Bad things happen to Good people.

I have always been nice to people, i am one of those guys that will do nearly everything for the better good.

And how does God reward me?

He/she gives me acne.

Urgh.

I know good things can't happen to christians ALL The time because that would just defeat the idea of being christian.

Because christians would just have perfect lives.

But

PLEASE

give the good guys a rest??!!

things happen to all people, whether they are good and bad... trying to find a reason in this madness is gonna make you crazy. just accept you have it and work out a way to get rid.

polka

I don't know, baby. All I know is that the plan isn't always clear, nor the path always easy.

(((hugs))) Hang in there, hon, and keep talking. That's what we are here for.

I'm wondering what you feel makes you qualify as such a "good" person, especially in comparison to what I can only assume you consider to be not-so-good people. Would God really want you going around and thinking of yourself as such a wonderful, magnanimous person? Pride goeth before the fall.

And if you can take a step back from your own personal problems for a minute and look at things fairly objectively, God doesn't seem to have a very good track record for rewarding good people and punishing bad ones. Hitler had a pretty sweet deal, I'd say, despite murdering however many people they say he did. The most crooked politicians and businessmen usually live pretty good lives despite their very "bad" behavior. Meanwhile, Martin Luther King Jr. and Ghandi both got shot in the face for all their "good" work.

Read my post "Maybe Forgiveness is right where you fell."

Why do we fall? So we learn how to pick ourselves up.

"The ultimate measure of a man is not where he stands in moments of comfort and convenience, but where he stands at times of challenge and controversy." Dr. Martin Luther King

VNV you have a point, and i realise that there isnt a system for good people being rewarded.

I think i am a good person because i know that i put people before me.

Even strangers.

but i suppose, who am i to call myself a good person.

i suppose i call myself a good person because its all i have to offer, because if my appearance is crap, shouldnt i at least have the respect of having a good personality?

But if you really think that i can't tell myself good things about the only thing i value about myself.

If you really want me to say to myself, i have a crap personality as Well as appearance.

Then i might as well end my life because i have nothing to give to the world.

that is why i tell myself i am a good person.

Altho Fair enough you do have a point.

I never said or even suggested that you have a crap personality. I'll take your word when you say that you treat other people well, what I'm trying to say though is that establishing this dichotomy of "good" and "bad" people and then trying to link it to some sort of system of divine rewards or punishments is really counter-productive and isn't going to help your self-esteem in the long run.

Sorry if i sounded a tad aggressive in that reply.

It just makes me feel so angry to see people with perfect skin that do not deserve it.

I just want to worry about normal problems like normal people.

But then again what is normal?

Sorry again vnv

I'm wondering what you feel makes you qualify as such a "good" person, especially in comparison to what I can only assume you consider to be not-so-good people. Would God really want you going around and thinking of yourself as such a wonderful, magnanimous person? Pride goeth before the fall.

And if you can take a step back from your own personal problems for a minute and look at things fairly objectively, God doesn't seem to have a very good track record for rewarding good people and punishing bad ones. Hitler had a pretty sweet deal, I'd say, despite murdering however many people they say he did. The most crooked politicians and businessmen usually live pretty good lives despite their very "bad" behavior. Meanwhile, Martin Luther King Jr. and Ghandi both got shot in the face for all their "good" work.

Very true.

I don't really want to get into a whole discussion on religion but what God allows rapists and pedophiles to harm little children in such cruel ways?

And if you are so intent on believing God then maybe you believe in the wrong religion. Maybe you should be praying to Zeus or Vishnu.

Lol Acnye West.

do you think that people with perfect skin have a secret religion that we don't know about?

hehe...

What if. The big question.

I'm not a devote christian, i don't go to church.

I just use it as hope.

I am personally christian, but recently my acne has got so bad that i am questioning God's existence.

I have always been nice to people, i am one of those guys that will do nearly everything for the better good.

He/she gives me acne.

Urgh.

I know good things can't happen to christians ALL The time because that would just defeat the idea of being christian.

But

PLEASE

Maybe because its science? Why do christians get the common cold? Is god supposed to give all christians a protective shield against germs?

Sorry if i sounded a tad aggressive in that reply.

It just makes me feel so angry to see people with perfect skin that do not deserve it.

I just want to worry about normal problems like normal people.

But then again what is normal?

Sorry again vnv

No, I don't blame you at all for being a bit defensive, I realize maybe my original post came across more strongly than I intended and I didn't word it perfectly. I'm certainly not trying to take anything away from you or vilify you in any way and I do empathize with your frustration over having bad skin since obviously I've been there too.

Urgh, i see....

maybe this was the wrong forum to post my topic in....

I know i might sound quite silly to some of you, it may be because i am feeling very low atm.

I'd appreciate it if you are reading this, that you don't comment unless you have something supportive to say.

Again, i don't want to sound aggressive.

I just feel so down.

Please don't criticise me.

I've had enough, out of all the people in the world, the members on this website must understand what it feels like to be fed up.

Haha my mom told me she said a prayer when i was a kid for God to protect me...well she jokes that by my having acne her prayer was answered cuz i would be "too beautiful without it" hahaha!

As someone who has learned the hard way pretty much my entire life in everything imaginable...i believe it is to build character for whatever purpose I have here on earth. I have learned SOOO much patience through the hard times and feeling as if I’ve hit absolute rock bottom. I have come to notice i am a lot more mature than others my age and use my patience daily since i am working at a daycare. Life has a funny way of always working out and teaching us lessons. I believe we are given challenges and tests to mold us into a more understanding being. You could look at life bitter and not learned from these challenges...but i've found that takes too much of my energy and i would rather enjoy the wonderful times then to dwell on the negative. So there is my 2 cents!

Whenever I talk to my mom, she always says "God does everything for a reason". Maybe we are not meant to have perfect skin, but we have all been blessed in different ways.

I say this, but I'm actually a hypocrite since I get pretty worked up about my skin too...There are times when I just stop praying because I'm so angry that the acne just never, NEVER stops. I know this is wrong, and I feel guilty about it afterwards. But, honestly, I'm just glad that my acne isn't so severe that it is physically painful to move or talk and just in general live. Hopefully one day all of this crud will end...All we can really do right is keep on trying, really. :) One day I'm sure we'll all find some cure...

I'm sure God has a reason for giving you acne. It could be to keep you away from certain people, it could be to get you closer to others, it could be to reveal the truth about how certain people are superfacial. I don't know His exact reason, and I'm not going to try and play God, but I'm sure He has a good reason why.

Compared to all the ills of the world, mild acne is nothing Sir.

I'm sure God has a reason for giving you acne. It could be to keep you away from certain people, it could be to get you closer to others, it could be to reveal the truth about how certain people are superfacial. I don't know His exact reason, and I'm not going to try and play God, but I'm sure He has a good reason why.

wow, do you really believe something like this that hard?

But I must agree, acne shows you if people are very facial, luckily all my friends stayed my friends. ;)

My friends stayed with me too :)

I wish i had the confidence to tell them why on some occurances i refuse to come out.

I'm tired of lying about this embarissing condition.

But hey, lets embrace it and be happy with who we are. however hard it is.

My friends stayed with me too :)

I wish i had the confidence to tell them why on some occurances i refuse to come out.

I'm tired of lying about this embarissing condition.

But hey, lets embrace it and be happy with who we are. however hard it is.

good to hear =)

Well I exactly know what you're talking about. Don't refuse to come out, do your best to look ok, and go out with em. Even if you're a boy I would recomend you to use some coverstick and a bit of powder, this let's your skin look a lil bit better (yes I'm male :ninja: ).

I try to be happy, and I mange to be, but since i would be a lot happier without acne I'll try everything to get rid of it.

Rest easy. God has a plan for you....and perhaps part of that plan is acne? You may not see it now, but later in life you might realize that God strengthened you through your acne. He gives everyone a cross to bear. Maybe acne is your cross. Just remember, honey, that which does not kill us will only make us stronger. And He will never give you more than you can handle. Perhaps He knows that you're a much stronger person than the kid three pughs over who has flawless skin. He knows that you can handle it, maybe that other kid couldn't carry the cross that you bear. I know this is a rambling statement. But in the end, God does have a plan for you and the acne might be with you as a tool to make you much stronger to help others -- or yourself -- later in life.

He/she gives me acne.

Urgh.

But

PLEASE

I am a muslim and I also questioned the notion of my beleif, this is how you have to put it into perspective.

Calamities strike you to keep you on the right path, there is some good that occured whether we can see it or not. If we cant see it then on the day of judgement god will show us how are lives would have been and we would say thank god for acne. Patience is key...

i am not a religious person at all, but i am spiritual and i think that god created everything good and bad for the experience. how can someone know good without bad or true joy without pain and sadness. you have to have the bad to experience the good.

i am not a religious person at all, but i am spiritual and i think that god created everything good and bad for the experience. how can someone know good without bad or true joy without pain and sadness. you have to have the bad to experience the good.

I agree with Diddy 100%. Go Diddy!

Without tasting bitters you cant appreciate sweets.