Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
williamp

Does lighting make our acne appear worse than it really is?

Bathroom or other rooms that have mirrors in them usually have very bright lights. Do these bright lights "BRING OUT" our acne more? Does a softer natural light show less of our imperfections?

If this is true than maybe some of us don't have it as bad as we feel we do. I think we all need to start believing that it WILL go away and it is not as bad as it seems. Some of us spend hours trying to fix a problem that noone will ever see.

Thoughts? Especially about the outdoor lighting Im interested in. Also consider Darkness, Nighttime/Low light

Bathroom or other rooms that have mirrors in them usually have very bright lights. Do these bright lights "BRING OUT" our acne more? Does a softer natural light show less of our imperfections?

If this is true than maybe some of us don't have it as bad as we feel we do. I think we all need to start believing that it WILL go away and it is not as bad as it seems. Some of us spend hours trying to fix a problem that noone will ever see.

Thoughts? Especially about the outdoor lighting Im interested in. Also consider Darkness, Nighttime/Low light

i agree, i always take a deep breath before i enter my bathroom in the morning.

Sometimes i hide from the mirror and ignore it because it makes me look so bad.

I like the nighttime.

I love it.

Its the best thing ever.

if only it could be permanantly night.

if the lighting casta shadow then its bad.. light that is evenly dispersed tends not to do this, but artificial lighting like the ones you get in classrooms, lecture theatres suck immense balls.

Hmm my acne tends to look worse in dressing room lighting. those extremely bright white lights. Fluorescent lights too...Sunlight too if it is very bright.

for me yellow lights make me look good and white lights make me look like shit

White lights are worse then the Sun imo. But I like yellow lights ! =D

I don't think lighting makes it worse. But I do agree that certain lighting softens and makes it better.

No lighting can make your acne look worse than it is, it is what it is. But those "nicer" yellow lights do soften the blow.

yeah white lights (especially floresent or how ever u spell it) are the worse.

the sun makes my redmarks look better in my opinion

its worse when its cloudy outside

White lights are worse then the Sun imo. But I like yellow lights ! =D

Yeah im asian so white light makes me look HORRIBLE

If you wanna know the truth about your acne, look at yourself in the car mirrors, that's the real truth.

If you wanna know the truth about your acne, look at yourself in the car mirrors, that's the real truth.

I think the sunlight brings out acne/ acne mark the most. Bathroom lighting makes it less worse than it is

i hardly have that much acne at all on my face now but some mild scarring but no one ever notices..wanna know why i dodge the sunlight....like a ninja!! :ninja:

I look the best in soft light (in my room, on my dresser I have one light at each end with shades and I look like I have great skin) and in the sunlight I think I am okay. But car mirrors and fluorescents are the absolute worst. During the day I keep the bathroom light off.

I find dressing rooms and public bathroom lights are the worst, I sometimes look in the mirror at home and look alright then later use the bathroom at Uni and find that my skin is all peeling off and I look awful so I dont know what to believe anymore. I also thought to myself its okay bathroom mirrors make you look worse but then I notice my friends looking in them and looking normal and not looking scared at the creature that appears in the reflection

Different mirrors and lighting definitly have different effects though, maybe we'll never know what we really look like

IMO lighting has dramatic effects upon the way your skins looks, especially for those with scarring as certain lights can create shadows, etc. After testing, I find spotlights to be the worse. I have an attic room and have spotlights as the main lighting source within the room, if I take a mirror and stand directly underneath the spotlight, its like 2ft above my head, then my scaring looks beyond nasty LOL >_<. I've even got my mirror and hung out window within the attic to see how it looks in daylight LOL >_> and its not too bad if its sunny, my face appears smoother although if the weather is cloudy or overcast it becomes noticeable.