Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
edwin

My B5 experiment logs

After reading fabulous results of B5 from the board, I've decided to give it a try.

My conditions:

Acne: Mild-Moderate

Skin type: Very Oily

Allergies: None

Acne Scars: Moderate

Products used:

Body Shop tea tree Oil Facial wash

Body Shop Tea Tree Oil

GNC Pantothenic Acid(B5) 500mg

Side effects:

1. Neon Green Piss. (Started right after my first dose of B5)

2. Thirstiness. (Started on DAY2. Not much of a problem, just have to drink more water.)

DAY 1

Afternoon

3pm

Took 5 pills at one go. No taste, easily swallowed. No side effects at the moment.

5pm... I'm starting to feel something in my stomach. i just ate 3 hours ago and I feel like eating again.

7.30pm... The discomfort in my stomach has went away, no side effect so far.

9.00pm... Took my second serving of 5 pills.

9.20pm... I just took a piss and it is neon Green in color!! cool!....

11.30pm... Took another piss, and it is still neon Green in color. Face is still very oily 3 hours after washing. That's it for tonite. Best of luck tommorow! No side effects at all.

I realise there were concerns about B5 affecting the heartbeats so i'll record my heart beat everyday.

Heartbeat: 70 Beats/min

Day2

9.45am... I just woke up. I checked my face and it is still very oily. No side effects so far. My pimples are still there, but i noticed a couple of them had came to the surface.

Heartbeat: 73 Beats/min

11.45am... I just had my routine shower and cleansing. While shampooing, I realised that my hair was quite dry(I used to have smooth locks.).

1pm... Took my 1st serving of 5 B5 pills after my lunch.

1.45pm... My skin is starting to oil up again. I'll wait for a couple more hours to see if it is still as oily as before.

3.30pm... My skin looks very oily now. But I dun FEEL as oily as b4.

4pm... Took a quick shower.

6.30pm... Surprisingly, face is not very oily after 2.5 hours. Oily but not overly oily. I've also noticed a random sprouting of very small whiteheads on my face, not much of a problem. Active pimples are still present like before, no decrease in the number of them. I keep craving for more food, my stomach can't be filled. No other side effects to report.

9pm... My face is slightly oilier than 2.5hours ago. But Still less oily than before taking B5.

930pm... Took my second dose of 5 B5 pills after my dinner.

Heartbeat: 86Beats/min

10.50pm... Just took bath and went thru my regular cleansing routine. No new pimples has formed. No new side effects experienced.

Heartbeat: 80Beats/min

There are concerns of B5 affecting the weight, i'm going to start recording my weight.

Weight: 51KG

Day3

8.21am... I checked my face once i woke up this morning. Face looks very oily but doesn't FEEL very oily. No new pimples has developed overnight. Existing pimples are still there, 1 of them has shrunk into a blood clog overnight. Another thing to report is a grumbling noise that my stomach made last night.

HeartBeat: 78Beats/min

10.30am... I went thru my reuglar routine of cleansing and found lots of small whitheads sprouting across the chin and mouth area.

11.06am... I've decided to up the dosage of B5 to 7.5 grams which is 15 B5 pills. Reason for doing so is to prepare myself for the 10grams of B5 tomorrow. Just took my first 5 B5 pills of the day after my breakfast. Skin is not oily at the moment.

12.40pm... I am experiencing something special, my face doesn't look very oily, about 50% reduction in oiliness. It certainly doesn't feel oily. Active pimples are still visible, no reduction in the amount of pimples on my face. A couple of side-effects to report, my stomach is producing a low grumbling noise and i am very very very hungry...

2.04pm... The oil level on my face is not much different from 2 hours ago. No side effects to report, although i get hungry like every 2 hours now, which is good cause i'm trying to gain more weight.

2.20pm... I've just taken my second dosage of 5 B5 Pills after my lunch.

HeartBeat: 88Beats/min

4.14pm... My face looks very oily again, about 80% of what it used to be before i started B5. But I don't FEEL very oily.

7.50pm... Took my third and last serving of 5 B5 pills. No side effects. There are a few new whiteheads sprouting out above the mouth region.

9.32pm... I hust went through my night cleansing routine. No new pimples have developed. But the existing ones are still there.

10.51pm... Face looks a tiny bit oily. No side effects to report. Let's hope we see better results tomorrow.

HeartBeat: 73Beats/min

WEIGHT: 52Kg

Day4

9.57am... No new pimples has developed overnight, but face still looks oily(It might be due to the tea tree oil i'm applying). Some of the small whiteheads are gone. I've not been sleeping well for the last 2 nights, i don't know whether B5 is the cause of it, let's wait and see how it goes for the next 2 nights.

Heartbeat: 73Beats/min

10.36pm... Went through my daily routine wash and cleansing.

1.21pm... Took my first serving of 6 B5 pills after my lunch. Face is not oily. Let's wait a few more hours to see if it oils up.

2.49pm... MY face is not very oily but it is starting to oil up again.

4.50pm... I just woke up from my nap. I checked my face and it is not very oily, just a bit oily. I think B5 is really regulating the oil on my face.

5.18pm... Took my second serving of 7 B5 pills after my snack.

8.30pm... Took my third and last serving of 7 B5 pills after my dinner. Face is a bit oily, about 50% of before taking B5. Active acne is still present on the face, but no new acne have developed.

Heartbeat: 73Beats/min

9.40pm... I just finish my nightly cleansing. Discovered a big inflamed pimple on my jawline and a few small whiteheads sprouting across the face.

WEIGHT: 50.5KG

Day5

8.21am... A couple of pimples have developed overnight, i'm kind of dissapointed. Hope B5 will work well for me.

Heartbeat: 82Beats/min

11.35am... Just took my first serving of 6 B5 pills after my breakfast. Face is not oily 1 hour after my daily cleansing routine.

11.50pm... No new pimples has formed, the existing ones are still there. I just went out for 5hours and came back, my face is still not very oily!!! hahaha... A 65% improvement oiliness wise. Hope it can get better and better.

Heartbeat: 83Beats/min

WEIGHT: 50KG

DAY 6

9.19am... Just woke up, checked my face and no new pimples have devloped. The existing whiteheads have grown into inflammed pimples. Skin is not very oily.

10.30am... Went through my daily cleansing routine.

11.43am... Took my first serving of six B5 pills after my breakfast.

2.40pm.... took my second serving seven B5 pills after my lunch. Face is not oily 4 hours after cleansing.

10.30pm... Took my last and final serving of seven B5 pills after my dinner.

10.40pm... Went through my nightly cleansing routine. A couple of pimples appeared on the side of my face.

WEIGHT: 51 KG

DAY7

9.52am... Just woke up, checked my face and found hat the pimples that were there last nite had came to head. No new pimples have developed overnight. I had a good night sleep last nite.

HEARTBEAT: 76BEATS/min

11.00am... Took my first 6 B5 pills after my breakfast.

3.30pm... Took my second 7 B5 Pills after my lunch.

10.00.pm... Took my last serving of 7 B5 pils after my dinner. Hoping for the best tomorrow.

HEARTBEAT: 84BEATS/min

WEIGHT: 51 KG

DAY8

9.30am... Woke up this morning and found no new pimples. But the existing ones are still there.

10.00am... Went through my daily cleansing routine.

10.57am... Took my first 6 B5 pills after my breakfast. Face is not oily. Another thing to point out is that my bowel movements have been more frequent these few days.

HEARTBEAT: 78beats/min

4.08pm... Took my second serving of 7 B5 pills. Skin is still not oily. Moderate oiliness.

5.00pm... Went through my nightly cleansing routine.

8.00pm... Took my 3rd and final serving of 7 B5 pills.

WEIGHT: 50.5KG

DAY9

10.00am... Checked my face after i woke up, found a few small whitheads sprouting across my face in random positions.

11.00am... Went through my daily morning cleansing routine.

11.46am... Took my first 6 b5 pills after my breakfast.

3.00pm... Took my second serving of 7 b5 pills after my lunch. Face is oily but still manageble.

8.00pm... Took My third and final serving of 7 b5 pills after my dinner. I found a huge cyst develop on my forhead... disappointing. I received a wedding invitation which is on the 15th of this month... Hope my skin clears up by then.

Day10

7.30am... Woke up and found 2 more cyst looking back at me, i have now developed 3 cysts in the space of 2 days... I'm devastated... I feel like crying... there's a wedding dinner in 5 days time and i have these shit.

8.00am... Took my first 6 b5 pills.

3.00pm... Took my second serving of 7 b5 pills.

8.00pm... took my third and last serving of 7 b5 pills.

You probably already know this.

"Some experience a brief outbreak in the inital stages of your B5 treatment. This is most likely due to the "flushing" out of existing sebum in your skin. Again, if this does happen to you (occurs in approx. 60% of all cases) it will only be temporary. Do not become dismayed in anyway as this means that B5 is cleaning out your system. This is a powerful, clinically proven, acne treatment. You must give your body the time it needs to adjust to and utilize B5." - http://www.acnemiracle.com

I've been on 10g's of B5 since the end of January, and my skin definitely isn't clear... I know I need to give it time, but when am I going to see the 'dramatic results' everyone raves about??

Is it possible that it's the brand I'm taking...? I take Vitamin World's time release formula...

It could possibly be the brand. However, in moderate to severe cases B5 will take atleast 60 days to take effect. Severe cases usually take between 3 - 6 months. So, if i was you I would give it some more time. Good luck.

Day11

8.39am... I look like shit... 3 cysts and multiple other whiteheads and scars. ](*,)

9.45am... Took my first 6 b5 pills.

3.47pm... I just came back after visiting a skin doctor. He gave me some pills to reduce the inflammation of the cysts. He also gave me a bottle of blue solution as a cleanser. During the visit, he told me several information that i find interesting:

1. He said not to rub the cleanser on the face when cleansing. Instead, lather the cleanser then just pat the cleanser on my face and rinse. He says rubbing the cleanser into the face only causes more problems.

2. He told me not to use over-the-counter stuffs like oxy, pimple creams, toner, etc, etc becos it only worsen the condition. (Which seems quite true)

3. I have back acne, he told me not to wash my back with soap. Just use water to wash the area.

4. He told me it is impossible to wash away acne. The cause of acne is the oil, stop the oil and the bacteria and no more acne.

I'm going to follow his steps and at the same time continue the use of vitamin B5 only lesser. I going back to 5 grams a day. just took my second serving of 3 b5 pills.

Have you tried acnemiracle.org brand of B5? IT works you should try it bt i just finished my first batch and it cleared me up in less then 20 days. like 100% cleared. only minor/moderate scars. now im takin photic brand pills until my next batch arrives. can't wait.

I've decided to stop taking Vitamin B5 for now. Becos I dun want it to interfere with the medicine my doctor gave my.

Hope that works out for you, it could be the brand but then again I doubt that. If your going to try B5 try all the other brands users here have used, I use Vitamin Shoppe.

Good Luck