Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Animal

Unbelievable Ignorance! Story.

On friday i went on a trip with my college to go and inspect a car manufacturing plant for physics. It was a bright day and i hate going on coach's on bright days because it always makes my skin look terrible, the way the light shines on it, and you can't really move around. I had just had an outbreak the night before.

Anyway, i was sitting next to this girl who i've know for about 3 months, we get on really well. She's rather hot. We were sitting there and i noticed her looking straight at the side of my face, i thought "oh shit". She then poked my face! she said;

"you know, if you washed your face you wouldn't get spots"

i repied "if it was that simple do you really think i would still have spots"

she says "Well i can tell you don't wash your face enough"

i said "i've tried loads of face washes, i probably have a cleaner face then most people without spots"

she says" i don't really want to hear it"

I thought, WTF. She thought i was lying about washing my face. It really pissed me off. After that she acted like nothing had happend, but i couldn't help but feel eaten up inside. I tried to act like it hadn't affected me. We usually meet up at the weekends but when she phoned me i told her i was ill. I'm not sure how i feel about this really.

What are your opinions?

the only thing that bugs me about the whole thing is that she poked you in the face. If some bitch had the nerve to poke me on my face or my head or fuckin touch me like that... tssssk.. All i gotta say about that is someone's gettin a backhand upside the face!

she says "I don't want to hear it", yet she's the one that started the conversation?

I'd be pretty pissed too.

Either she didn't want to talk about it and make you feel any more uncomfortable, or she was just being a bitch who feels superior to you and doesn't believe you.

Take your pick.

the only thing that bugs me about the whole thing is that she poked you in the face. If some bitch had the nerve to poke me on my face or my head or fuckin touch me like that... tssssk.. All i gotta say about that is someone's gettin a backhand upside the face!

maybe u'll luck out and she'll get the bacteria from touching your face on her's causing an incredible breakout followed by her overwashing attempts to only worsen it and then she'll be able to feel your pain. i know "cursing" ppl with acne is childish and immature but i really wish ignorant ppl would have an idea about what it's really like for the rest of us, then they wouldn't be so high and mighty.

^ lol. on behalf of the sisters I'd like to salute your uncanny understanding of the female psyche.

Well it was more like a touch, not a poke, but it was a bit unexpected. I'm really paranoid about people touching my face though, i keep thinking it's going to make me break out there.

Thats not what I meant. I mean if some bitch has the nerve to fuckin touch me like that, not talking acne-wise breakout dirty finger-wise, but just has the nerve to fuckin poke me, she gettin slapped upside the face.

^ I can see you growing up to be a wife-beater, weak piece of shit.

Guest Tracy
she gettin slapped upside the face.

That's one of the dreaded situations we skin sufferers dread for. Pretty much up there with stupid people coming up to you and asking you, "You eat too much chocolate or somethin?". Gosh.

Personally, I would've just said "Thanks" and given her a smile so as to change the topic, for both her sake and yours. There's no point tell a person what they don't wanna hear!

Ignorance is most certainly bliss.

She wasn't some random bitch Ludacrisss, i'm quite comfortable with her touching me biggrin.gif/

But in the context of checking how bad my skin was it made me feel mighty uncomfortable, and i just didn't expect her to do it. She's never even mentioned my skin before so i just thought WTF, how ignorant can you be!?

Yea I hate those people who think its that simple....

"Why don't you just use a cream or something"

"You eat a lot of chips or what?" #-o

I would never beat my wife, only slap some random bitch who would have the nerve to disrespect like that.

shock.gif Dulux! ... And i thought u was a nice lad.

I was only messin... The most i'd probly do to someone like that is give them the dead eye. And thats without meaning to..But enough.

if she is your friend, then forget about all the stuff. I know it might make you feel unconfortable, but everyone does something stupid sometimes, it is just that you often dont know a lot about things that dont happen to you.

I remember thinking about girls being on period "man....just get over it, nothing is happening" biggrin.gif

and i remember a friend once asking another guy who had something that made him chronically tired "man, just go to sleep a bit earlier" he was very ashamed after it, but he didnt mean anything bad with it.

if everyone here is as cranky as they respond, then this world would be horrible.

Acne isnt good, but it isnt that bad that you should treat it like some kind of disease no one should talk about. people always aggrivate the impact acne has on their looks.

I bet everyone once said something that didnt mean much to him, where he didnt know much about, but hurt the other person quite a bit with it.

To people who say you should dump her straight away or slap her =; [-(

That girl is completely and utterly ignorant... As another girl, I would NEVER say something like that... regardless if I was on my "period" or not leon :roll:... and especially not to a friend...

Personally, I think you should re-evaluate the reasons why she is your friend in the first place... she sounds like a total blockheaded wench.. I'd most likely call the quits on the friendship whether or not it's a "huge" deal... I like sensible and compassionate people, and to say something like that, bold enough to touch your face pointing out the acne too... and then to act like nothing happened?! How can you even tolerate it... hot or not, she's a bitch.

Well, I read the first half of your post and all the while I was

thinking 'Rude, insensitive, ignorant', but now I just think the girl is naive. If you guys are friends maybe she's just concerned about you and expressed it in the wrong way because she has no idea about acne. She must not have experience with it, considering she still perscibes to an old wives tale.

charly, you've never kissed a girl in your entire life. don't act like you're a pimp spittin game at every girl that you see. you're pathetic

charly, you've never kissed a girl in your entire life. don't act like you're a pimp spittin game at every girl that you see. you're pathetic

funny how different people interpret things.

I'd say the girl in question was keen and showing it by finding a (admittedly ill advised ](*,) ) context for intimate conversation. Again the touching thing to me sounds like she is making some (lame) attempt to be physical.