Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
rg1223

How long does it take the redmarks to fade?

Alright so I've been on the regimen for about 9 or 10 weeks. I probably have like 5 tiny pimples scattered around my face compared to like 100 when I started. But honestly the redmarks I have from my old pimples are not fading at all. Like it doesn't even look like I've made any progress at all because of the damn redmarks. If I could wear make up this would be no problem since my face is pretty much smooth right now but I'm a guy so don't even suggest that. For DKR products I use a purpose bar as my cleanser, Dan's BP and neutrogena healthy skin aha at night and cetaphil daily moisturizing lotion spf 15 in the morning as my moisturizers. How long did it take you guys to have more or less normal skin (I don't care if my redmarks are slightly visible I just don't want them to look so ridiculously red if I go out in the sun or exercise) when you started the regimen?

You will be surprised how many guys weak makeup to conceal acne marks. You can head to the red marks board to get some idea how to reduce red marks faster. If you want to give that a try.

haha I KNEW the first person that answered would tell me to wear makeup. HELL NO. Anyways all I'm looking for is like an average time frame and feedback on people's experience. I don't really want to use more products on my face I just want to know around how long? 6 months? a year?

haha I KNEW the first person that answered would tell me to wear makeup. HELL NO. Anyways all I'm looking for is like an average time frame and feedback on people's experience. I don't really want to use more products on my face I just want to know around how long? 6 months? a year?

to be honest red marks fading varies people to people (I had redmarks that stayed for a month and redmarks that stayed for a year)

bp elongates red marks! however you are using AHA which is very good component to speed up healing.

your looking around 1 month to a year depending one the severeness if your redmarks

dont get frustrated patience is the key to treating acne and redmarks

I wouldn't tell you to wear makeup..I'm a girl and I don't wear makeup to cover red marks. I'm just saying a lot of guys wear them too.

Guest maq
haha I KNEW the first person that answered would tell me to wear makeup. HELL NO.

I wouldn't tell you to wear makeup..I'm a girl and I don't wear makeup to cover red marks. I'm just saying a lot of guys wear them too.

I actually love makeup but I don't use it because of my acne. Haha.

And I just started using ACV to see if it helps with my red marks.

It should be the last thing done. And you dont need alot just put a little bit on and leave it alone. If it feels itchy... dont itch it!!! that itchy feeling is the neosporin healing the skin.

It should be the last thing done. And you dont need alot just put a little bit on and leave it alone. If it feels itchy... dont itch it!!! that itchy feeling is the neosporin healing the skin.

Everyone's skin is different when it comes to healing... With my experience i started seeing a big improvement within about 1 month of starting with the neosporin. Hope you see good results!

Good luck!!

This is not part of Dans regimen but Skin Ceuticals Clarifying Cleanser is excellent at healing redmarks. I have been using this cleanser for almost a month (tomorrow will be exactly one month) and I have seen dramatic results from it. My redmarks have faded so fast and I am not breaking out as much. I know Septra plays a factor in it too but usually with antibiotics it takes at least three months to even start seeing improvement.

I know what you're saying!

Even though acnes are gone, due to red marks it seems like I still have acnes on my face.

ANYWAYS, Aloe Vera Gel helped me a lot with red marks :D

I've been using Aloe vera gel for few months- it kinda stinks my eyes though...

and my red marks has been faded a lot.

also gentle self peeling worked for me. - but don't attempt to do this until your acnes are completely gone.