Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Golivewire8

What really makes you happy?

I always thought all my problems were casued by my acne that I had for three long years. I always told my parents my life would be amazing if I just didn't have so much acne. Like most people here I was obsessed with my acne, checked the mirror every five minutes for possible improvements. It was all I could think about. The first thing i thought about when i woke up and what I thought of when I went to sleep was my acne. I couldn't be comfortable in the light or talking to people. Looking someone in the eye was a hard task. I took accutane last July until January of this year. My skin responded really good and my face was clear within a few months. Now I have been off it for three months and my skin is better than all my friends that I was so jealous of in the past. Well, suprisingly all of life's problems havent dissapeared and life isn't that great. Acne never was what made me happy or sad, it was what I let acne do to my life. I gave up on the relationships I had with my friends and the joy I had in life with all the things I liked to do. Go out and do what you really want to do and forget about your skin, you would be suprised how much better your life could get. My outer appearence is not what makes me happy. The things I do, people I see and fun I have are what does. I wish I had realized this before and not let acne hurt my life so much.

hanging with friends makes me happy. i don't know why...but all my problems seem to melt away and i can't help laughing and smiling.

Computers. I can format them in any way that interest me and if they decide not to work out, there is always RMA process or eBay.

good realization.

I think you know what has to be done now.

Anyways, unlike you, i realized this a lot sooner and I still have acne.

Anyways, what really makes me happy is XBOX LIVE. I love it so much... but then.. I got the red rings of death.... and a part of my life is missing. So now im watching dvds and smoking more pot. Which also makes me happy. 420 is coming soon and im gearin up with some g13.

Anyways, acne is a disease of the consciousness, and any physical pain you get from it you have a choice to avoid. Don't be ashamed you fell into the mental symptoms of acne, that is its purpose.

music

friends

creative outlets

nature

philosophy

road trips

good food

I wouldn't say working out makes me happy, but I do it to get my mind off things. The only time I ever felt really happy was when I went out with a girl that was fun to be with, even if things didn't work out.

Um... everything. Family most of all, I love big gatherings.

Fun movies, music, THEME PARKS - I love rollercoasters, chocolate, my cat, the Internet, etc.

Females. A killer, live acoustic song. That feeling you get when you walk outside in the summer in slacks and flip-flops, and the temperature is 70 degrees and you can feel the breeze winding through your toes and up your sleeves. Chilling with the fellas.

Learning. Whether it be academic or 'life lessons', I never want to cease absorbing information. It is one of the most vital aspects of myself.

Traveling. I am a double major at university, studying Anthropology and International Affairs, so I obviously want to see the world. More importantly, I want to understand it, and make a positive impact upon it.

Love. Being surrounded by it. Whether it be from my friends, family, or kitty...loving and being loved is one of the best feelings. =)

Running. I love the gym, but I also love the way the earth feelings beneath my shoes as I run on trails and through woods. It is when I feel the most free.

Reading. Books are magical to me. I love to imagine the world I am visiting at the time, or the place, if it is historical. They are a nice escape from a lot of things.

Males. I don't mean just because I am attracted to men, but because there is something beautiful about them. Sure, physical fitness is nice...but it goes deeper. I appreciate their form for what it is, the way the planes of the shoulders move down to meet their back. Maybe I'm getting a bit too personal, but there is such beauty in the male form.

So this is me in a nutshell. =)

Not a lot of things make me happy, but there are some things that interest me.

Here is my list of joy:

Computers, Sciences, Games, Learning new things, Foreign Languages, Grammar, News, Politics, Music, and friends or family....

I only became really happy a few weeks ago when i completely removed women from my life, now almost everything i do makes me happy :D

Playing computer games.. makes me happy and relax...

i play counter strike , mmorpg games etc.. :D is really fun

I only became really happy a few weeks ago when i completely removed women from my life, now almost everything i do makes me happy biggrin.gif

I only became really happy a few weeks ago when i completely removed women from my life, now almost everything i do makes me happy biggrin.gif

hey we're not so bad

creating things gives me absolute satisfaction. Anything from building something, to writing something, to singing a song.

hey we're not so bad

hanging with fam and friends, playing my Bass, Playing and kicking my sons butt on Guitar Hero, Messing with my website. Waking up in the morning and discovering no new zits ;)

hey we're not so bad

Life has taught me otherwise