Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ryder23

green tea bag? should i use it? how do i use it? thnx

hey, im sick of these red marks just sitting here. i got them on my forehead and chin. i head the tea bag on your face it good? how do i do this? if you could give me a little guide on how to apply this. please do.

thanks

I did it once or twice but I didn't notice anything really.

I would just prepare my cup of tea like normal, hot water, drop the tea bag in, all that good stuff.

And when I was done drinking it I'd just pat the tea bag (haha tea bag :P)

Sorry.

So I would just pat it around my face and voila.

Not even sure if that's the proper way to do it, but that's how I did it.

Green tea itself will probably do nothing to lift any red marks/hyperpigmentation. When I was still breaking out I did find frozen green tea bags to be useful at reducing the redness and inflammation of a large pimple.

Things that will help red marks:

1)Alpha Hydroxy Acids: Mandelic, glycolic...

2)exfoliation: baby's hair brush, L'oreal's gentle microdermabrasion...

3)Vitamin e oil

I have tried everything under the sun for my acne, and I have been clear skinned for almost 9 months now from using these methods (my acne marks were VERY dark before and they are barely even visible now).

ok so, do i drink the thing, or just pat it on my red marks? and can it stain my face at all? becuase i know it does for paper..

thankks for the replies

- definitely drink the tea...really good for you

- pat/rub on your face

- it won't stain (not in my experience)

i did this for a week or two quite a few months back. i'd rub the bag all over my face and feel it tighten. then i'd wash it off hours later. their might have been an improvment but i stopped after i changed my routine.

for red marks you should use apple cider vinegar, it stinks real bad but my red/purplish marks are fading to red marks and fading to my SKIN colour in a few applications.

i heard that green tea is meant to be really good for the inside but i dont know about out.

Fill up a glass with warm water, add the tea bag, heat in the microwave for one minutes, remove the tea bag from the glass, wrap it in a paper towel (fold it in fourths) and hold it against your pimples for ten to fifteen minutes. Dont EVER apply the hot tea bag though without it being wrapped in a paper towel.

for red marks you should use apple cider vinegar, it stinks real bad but my red/purplish marks are fading to red marks and fading to my SKIN colour in a few applications.

i heard that green tea is meant to be really good for the inside but i dont know about out.

Doesnt work topically!! it should go on the list of most ridiculous methods tried running close behind baking soda and toothpaste.

However the benefits are endless when it comes to using green tea internally.