Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

u cant see any flakes on my skin or anythin.. but if i take tape, n pull a whole bunch of skin comes off. it seems like no matter how long i do this for, theres still more skin. wut do i do??sad.gif

why not use an exfoliator? or scrub? I like clearskin scrb by avon or lancome fresh exfoliator. I think the very tiny tiny microbeads work the best. I've heard goosd things about St Ives Apricot scrub which is a little cheaper. I am not a big fan of clean and clear scrub which feels like big hard beds that irritate y skin. those tiny tiny beds really smooth the texture of your skin, aloe vera gel is great after too.

why not use an exfoliator? or scrub? I like clearskin scrb by avon or lancome fresh exfoliator. I think the very tiny tiny microbeads work the best. I've heard goosd things about St Ives Apricot scrub which is a little cheaper. I am not a big fan of clean and clear scrub which feels like big hard beds that irritate y skin. those tiny tiny beds really smooth the texture of your skin, aloe vera gel is great after too.

You're always going to see little flakes on the tape- that's completely normal! The epithelial tissue of your skin is keratinized, meaning that the epithelial cells accumlate cross-linked proteins, resulting in the formation of a non-living surface layer. This layer is what makes your skin able to withstand abrasion and dessication. Bottom line: everybody has some dead skin cells; that's the way your body is designed. Exfoliate if you want to, but there will still be stuff on the tape.

I've just figured something out about this subject. Every time I start any kind of prescription for acne I end up with really dry skin and feel compelled to exfoliate. So, I exfoliate in order to be able to wear makeup to cover the acne that's already there without looking disgusting. Well, just recently I went a few days without exfoliating and all of a sudden my skin started looking a lot better, and I haven't needed to use foundation. I'm thinking now that being a little flakey is far better than exfoliating and irritating my skin, making my acne worse. So, if you can't even see any flakes, what are you worried about??!