Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
MikeHunt79

A few questions from a newbie

Hi, first post here... so I'd better introduce myself. I finished using Roaccutane at the start of this year, since it sorted most of my acne in around a year, but a bit remains, which I am now on Differin for. I didn't notice much side effects while on thr Roaccutane, apart from dry lips, especially in the Summer. The differin keeps the acne at bay, but I always have a bit which really pi**'s my off, which i'd like to shift once and for all.

Anyway, here's my questions:

1) How does Roaccutane actually work? I had the blood tests, etc. and feel relieved to be done with it (hopefully), but I'd like to know what it done to me. Maybe someone could explain it without using too much Biology jargon or post a link?

2) I'd like to get rid of this last bit of acne once and for all, but I'm overwhelmed by the various options, hardly any which I have tried. I tempted to go on a Detox for 2 or 3 days, but I'd like to know how effective it really is since I've never tried it. I'd like to stay away from anything unnatural such as drugs or suppliments, since I'm already on differin.

3) What is a good Detox guide for people like me? I've heard one which says you should have nothing but apples and water for 3 days... I might try it, but before I go and buy a shedload of apples I'd like to know if anyone else has done this or something similar.

4) I found in the summer my acne was loads better since I managed to catch a few rays. My guess is that sun contains vitamins or something thats good for your skin. Now it's winter in the UK, I see nothing but clouds... I was wondering if using a sunbed occasionally might help, or would it just tan me and maybe give me an increased chance skin cancer?

5) Alcohol - I was told not to touch the stuff while on the Roaccutane, but I must admit that now I'm done with Roaccutane, I do enjoy a pint or 2 on the weekend. smile.gif I do like Cider, and after reading about the benfical effects of drinking cider vinegar, I just thought I'd ask if it's really possible that drinking normal Cider actually help my acne at all?

All suggestions or other options appreciated, I think I can almost see the light at the end of the tunnel. smile.gif

1) How does Roaccutane actually work? I had the blood tests, etc. and feel relieved to be done with it (hopefully), but I'd like to know what it done to me. Maybe someone could explain it without using too much Biology jargon or post a link?

if u wana get 100 percent then give botchla's regimen a try, its basically using s.acid and bp. i think its nice cuz s.acid gets rid of dead skin and cleans while bp kils the bacteria. aigh peace