Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
I_Have_Bad_Acne

Is acne gods way of making us ugly?

"For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also." Luke 12:34.

I think that God made us the exact way he intended. I don't believe that acne is a punishment because if you think about it... it is only skin deep. What does God care about? Does he care about how clean your skin is or how clean your heart is? What is going to get us to heaven and really give us peace and Joy? One thing i think about is... if it wasnt my skin that bothered me it would be something else. So why worry about anything but how clean my heart is? :) think about it... it will help

I just can't understand how people believe there is no God. Look how beautiful the Earth is. The Earth that God made. Not how man has made it.

There is no "acne God," Acne is what it is, and should only be used to further our growth in this journey we call life. We can become better people because of it, or we can drown in our own self-pity. No one has the choice but you.

^^ The Italian Stallion eh?

Giovanni, looks like you got some competition..

Haha... competition huh? I would think we are all on the same team right? All fighting the same enemy... ACNE!!!

^^ The Italian Stallion eh?

Giovanni, looks like you got some competition..

Haha... competition huh? I would think we are all on the same team right? All fighting the same enemy... ACNE!!!

Well, up to today, Giovanni was the Org's only "Italian Stalion" and the way I see it, there is no room for two.

Seems as if the plot is about to thicken..

Haha... well since he IS the older one... maybe i should be the "Italian Colt" Haha!! Ya? And what do you mean by plot... you think we are gunna be against eachother? dude we are italian! You cant hate another italian it just doesnt work that way haha

shut up lol

i see wonderful people with acne and clear skin

then i see kinda shallow people with perfect skin, they wear make up and are well provided for,popular and such. I truly believe acne has made me more nicer in the way I see people, like i know they can't help some physical things that happen to them (i will never make fun of somebody's skin) even tho its at the cost of my face... :doubt: but yeah sometimes people have things happen to them that effect them but if they overcome it well then they can deal and be more open to things as opposed to those who don't have to suffer...

Or, you could flatter yourself and say "I only have acne because I'm so stunningly beautiful it wouldn't be fair to anyone else if I didn't have it." lol, just a thought. And i agree with scar tissue, acne has made me realize that it's important to see people from the inside out.

I don't think God is trying to make us ugly. Honestly, as much as I hate it, I think that even if i don't have acne- I will find something else to obsess about.

No i think it's his way of making us more equipt. Yeah, it's hard to hope but maybe we would be too beautiful otherwise or something. Maybe having acne now will help us empithize with others later.

Well i hope you don't die today

Best way to bring people to God. You are such a good christian/catholic/whatever denomination. Its like saying: I'm going to heaven, you have eternal damnation nar nar ne nar nar.

Anyway acne is something of a contrast in the world, beauty is put on a pedestal against the backdrop of other people and their imperfections but I do not think God (whoever he is) has any bearing in it at all.

I dont think God is punishing you or anyone with the onset of acne.

if anything, i think that this is a blessing.

through having acne, I have learned that there is a lot more to life than appearances.

i remember about a week ago, I had just been crying because my acne was so bad and i felt embarrassed to go outside....i was going to go to the grocery and my neighbor was outside crying....i told her i was having a bad day too and asked her what was wrong. she said her mom just had a stroke and she cant talk to her anymore.

wow.

God was really trying to tell me there that acne is just something on our surface...it doesnt inhibit our health, physical abilities, mental abilities, or character...it is just a temporary setback.

although acne is not fun at all, I am almost glad that I have been brought back down to earth through it...because before I was obsessed with my looks....trying to be perfect...acne has humbled me and made me stronger.

trust in Him, that he has a plan for you.

There's no god.

We're just fucking unlucky.

Acne has taught me though. I was toooo vain before. it wasn't even bad, then it got the worst ever now. So when I clear up again, I would definitely be content and i would smile and try to help other people who are going through the same thing as i am right now.

Is acne gods way of making us ugly?

Does God even exist? i think people use God as a scapegoat too much. God made me this way i hate him etc etc and blame him for everything etc. That isn't going to help, personally im agnostic i think that religion in general causes too much troubles in the world today. People fight and kill each other over something that may not even exist. So instead of blaming your problems on God, you should step back take a long hard look at yourself and ask yourself if it's that big of a deal from what i've experienced acne has enlightened me, i look at things from a different angle now and i appreciate life much more now.

There will always be more ugly people then beautiful people.

Us ugly people need to ban together and destroy fake people.

The pretty people must suffer for making us feel like monsters.

I love a good genocide. ^_^

Meh, in 5,000 years if the human race is still around, acne will be gone due to natural selection and humans' understanding what kinds of food are necessary to eat in order to live a long, healthy life.

Blaming some imaginary god for your problems doesn't get you anywhere. Stop believing in ancient mythology and take things into your own hands.

acne teaches us humility, not to judge, strength of will, and perservance

If i imagine how i would be right now if i had never been stricken with acne, and that person is vain, self righteous, and caught up in the trivial things of life. I'm 10 times the man now than that person ever would have been.

I see what i've been through as a gift, just not the type of gift we're used to. Its not a gift i've ever necessarily enjoyed having but im very grateful that i was given it.

Exactly

Even though it certainly does suck, lessons are learned from it