Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

So what kind of alcohol is safe to drink? Any specific brands? Im hanging out with some friends tonight and I want to pick some up so Im not the only one not drinking. My diet is really working right now and my breakouts have been less severe and less often because of it. Just trying to avoid a slip up. Any advice is needed here, thx people.

Safest would be vodka. Others like rum and whiskey would still be alright, but if you want to be as safe as possible, go with a high quality (absolute,svedka etc) and mix or chase with water- it's worth it to have as little detrimant to your skin as possible...Also, if you don't mind my asking, what's your diet like? It seems most progress is made in cutting out carbs one way or another.

Vodka and water? Any mixer I could use other than water. Ive been avoiding sugar, dairy, wheat, and limiting my carbs. Been eating a lot of organic chicken, turkey, and vegetables. Been drinking water and rooisbois (spelling) tea. taking 3.5 gms fish oil, 50 mg zinc, vitamin c and calcium/magnesium supps. Also getting about 3 servings of EVOO daily. I know there isn't a mixer I can use that fits with my diet, but what is something I could use just for a special occasion that has the least risk for a breakout?]

Also I rarely drink, if I were to have just 2 beers tonight with my friends would I be risking much damage to my skin? I would be going back to my strict diet tommorow.

Advice?

Alcohol reduces IGFBP-3, the protein that binds up IGF-1. IGF-1 makes androgens stronger, and makes skin cells produce faster. But IGFBP-3 also helps excess skin cells shed so when it's reduced, skin cells get stuck. IGFBP-3 = good, alcohol = bad. There is no "safe" alcohol.

alcohol breaks me out 2, i love beer 2 but i can't seem to get clear otherwise, benzoil worked so well i never had to control my diet, who knows, try vodka if anything

Man when i clear my acne i have to go out any party! I am worried about alcohol breaking me out to tho. I guess i will have to cross that bridge when i come to it. Vodka prolly, less sugar im guessing as captain or any other flavored spirit.

peppermint is anti-androgenic, so maybe peppermint schnapps? alcohol is still bad though, I've never heard of someone clearing up from drinking alcohol, and the science backs up why.