Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I was wondering if anyone knows of a good concealer...something that won't cake or smudge or has oil but something that will cover up these stupid annoying red marks that stick around for months and months?

I use Zia foundation and it is great for overall coverage but does not have enough pigment to cover the red marks...

Thanks for your help.

Heya

ppl keep telling me revlon colourstay conselaer stick is the best out there..Im not sure how well it conceals the redness or if it cakes and dosnt last, but im thinking of giving it a go..I too have that problem where it cant cover the redness from the beginning and so on... :D

Hi...I am a lover of make-up, and have been on a quest (always good to look around) for the best concealer. The one that has worked for me is Prescriptives Camoflauge Cream. It is oil free, non cakey, and is yellow based so it hides redness well and seems to dissappear into the skin. ( I am of Latin American descent, therefore have olive tones. For other skin types, Prescriptives has a huge range of colour for you to choose from. Ask the make-up artist to help you.) It actually makes my skin look flawless. Because although I've had acne, now I am clear but am trying to cover up any scarring or redness left from the acne. This has been the best so far. I've also used MAC full coverage foundation as a cover up for the times when my skin was bad. That also worked, but is thicker, more pigmented, fuller coverage, but up close you can kind of see it. And if your skin is dry, then the cover up will flake. So moisterise. That is also the key.

I do realize that Prescriptives is on the high end of make-up. But it has been my experience that when it comes to foundation and cover-uo, you can't skimp. You really can't. And a tube of the stuff, while costing about 35.00 (Canadian, mind you!) will last me one year to one year and a half. Si, it's worth it. Try it and let me know...Hope this helps.

Thanks Manchita...I will look for it. When my skin was perfect I used MAC, but now that it is a mess I am actually embarassed to go to the make-up counter to ask for things. Stupid, I know...but it is hard because they all have perfect skin.

I will get the Prescriptives...as long as it is oil free and doesn't cause more breakouts...and does it stay put? Do you put it on prior to foundation or after?

Thanks again for all your iput.

Hi again. Yes, the concealer is oil free. It comes in a tube which you have to squeeze out onto your finger, and a little goes a long way. I usually apply it after moisterising. I don't have to use foundation with it because I feel it does a good enough job. I just apply with a concealer brush, pat into the skin, and then apply powder. I have heard also of a new product by prescriptives which has been getting good reviews...a compact with the camouflage cream, and it's own powder. the set comes included with a small brush. (It also has a little mirror.) I think I am going to try it. I have never broken out with these products at all. It is the only foundation that I like because of that fact. (You know how some will give you a zit or two if you wear foundation all day? Well, not with Prescriptives Oil Free Foundation). I know I sound like an ad for the company...but it's what i've been using for a long time. It's really good. Let me know what you think...

Manchita, where can you get those prescriptives products :?:

being in Canada, Quebec I use Lise Waltier products because of their high quality but I am willing to try prescriptives...

The only place in Toronto that has it is Holt Renfrew. Maybe in Quebec they would have it at a high end department store. For all the Americans, it's most likely at Sephora. Try it out, it's really a good product...

Cheers!

Manchita

I found a concealer that covers EVERYTHING! You just have to make sure you can find the right color for your skin... i am very pale and love the color Chroma 1 and the concealer is by Dermablend and can be purchased at JCPenny. It costs about 12 dollars, but it'll last you a good 6 months or more- I like the small cake product. It covers red marks, zits, and undereye circles- even tattoos!! Good luck and let me know how you like it.

~E~

Thanx mojojojojojogurl!!!

Btw Revelon courtsay concealer sux! Its so watery and wet and dosnt blend in....Sorry if I recomended it..Dont! :wink:

I have to agree with manchita, i have used so many products over the years, but perscriptives has been the best so far. The concealer works really well, and all u really need is a small amount and just pat it on to blend. and the foundation is really good too. It didnt cause any further breakouts for me, which was relieving. I am Latina as well and its always so hard to find the right color match, but w/ persciptives they had the exact match. Since I am in NYC i was able to buy mine at Macy's. Hope this helps :D

I use Aveda foundation and I was told that it is oil free. Overall it does a great job of evening out my skin tone w/ out being to cakey or powdery, but my face starts to look oily after a few hours. Has anyone else had this problem w/ aveda foundation? I think I might give the prescriptive product a try. For the people that use prescriptives does it make you face oily after a while or cause breakouts! Any feedback would be great.

Never found a concealer I loved, but I do really like these new concealer pencils (big, fatty concealer sticks) at The Body Shop. I got one to match the skin on my neck for the cysts that have been popping up there lately, and another to more closely match my facial skin.

Point is, you HAVE TO MATCH YOUR SKIN COLOR EXACTLY or there will be shadows around the bumps.

Also, get a concealer brush. It helps to blend whatever concealer you choose.

i use maybelliene's true illusion in nude...this is oil-free and noncomedogenic so i don't feel oily at all when its on, nor does it make u break out. oil-free means it won't clog my pores yay! :D but also they say to cover up zits and red marks...dot the foundations on with yer finger and brush...don't smear or brush it on then pat that area down. this should cover up the problem area more where if u smear it it will make the foundation lighter and not cover up the zit as much. hope this helps! and try and get a foundations a little darker than yer skin tone...that is what i have heard at least...not lighter...that won't help!

i just bought the concealer sticks from Body Shop, the one whitney mentioned. It's pretty good actually, makes my skin look almost flawless (ALMOST). Plus i got the perfect shade for my skin, when i asked my aunt (whom i met just now) whether its obvious im wearing makeup she said it looks as though i didn't use any on my face. Which is good, finally a concealer that works for me! :D

-ace

When my skin was perfect I used MAC, but now that it is a mess I am actually embarassed to go to the make-up counter to ask for things.  Stupid, I know...but it is hard because they all have perfect skin.

Just to let you know you can get MAC cosmetics on-line! They have a website. :D