Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
crevin

I found my cure :)

I have left posts on here before saying that a "healthy" diet did nothing for my acne. I tried eating "healthy" for almost two months before with little improvement in my acne.

It is important that you eat the RIGHT things as opposed to what you think is "healthy." On my previous diet, I thought it was OK to eat rice, pasta, and wheat bread. They may be healthy, but they turn out to be the source of my breakouts.

What am I doing now?

All I eat now is 2-3 salads a day (lettuce, cucumber, broccoli, spinach, tomatoes with thousand island dressing) and 3-4 meat patties (either ground chicken, beef, or turkey-- switch it up just so I don't get sick of one) served with one fried egg on top. I also drink lots of Whey protein supplement.

I've been doing this for a month now.

The result? I haven't had a zit in three weeks. Old red marks and scars still are there, but the fact that I haven't had one new zit in three weeks with varying levels of sleep and stress is amazing. I only got three hours the other night and didn't get a single zit (usually I would get zits from lack of sleep).

I have jawline/cheek acne. I never get it on my forehead or chest or back. Just on the jaw/cheek areas. I am also a 25 yr old male. For the last five years or so, I would get at least a zit every couple days. And when one faded away, a new one would form.

But guess what? Now no new ones are forming. I just have to give it time before all my redness subsides and zit marks left from before my special diet go away.

So my message to you guys is that don't confuse "healthy" with "acne-free." Whole wheat bread is very healthy, but it seems to be the cause of my acne. I strongly urge people to try this as it seems like I've tried everything up until now and things are finally looking bright for me.

Eat lots of green vegies (and for those of you who absolutely detest vegies... I did to up until a month ago. Just find a dressing that you like and just load it up on your salads. Yeah, you will get a little sugar probably from the dressing, but the benefits you will get from having the veggies will outweigh the sugar from the dressing. Plus, after awhile you will start to grow a taste for the veggies and you can drop the dressing amoung down). Also eat fried hamburger, chicken, and turkey with eggs. No carbs or wheat gluten there!

Good luck people. I don't have a camera or I'd post pics. But I kid you not about this (yes I have been on here bashing the holistic/diet connection, but I am dumbfounded at what has happened to me this past month. I was thinking about going on accutane but I gave this one last shot-- this time I got the diet RIGHT).

Green vegies + meats + eggs = no acne (I also eat apples). Stay away from the breads and carbs of all kinds (no macaroni, no rice, no more cheese sandwiches). And I have also noticed that when I go out 2-3 times a week and have a bear and a burger, I don't break out. Just don't binge on carbs. The occasional one is fine.

Agreed. I've eaten "healthy" for years- whole grains,no candy, lean meats etc. Not until I cut out grains and most fruits did I see effects from diet. I think the big thing is cutting out carbs for most people to get insulin and hormones leveled out. After that, there are many variations like all meat and fat, meat with veggies etc etc. What I do is lean meat, fish, olive oil, occasional fatty meats, salads, veggies, occasional fruit and macadamia nuts, small portions of sweet potatos,almost no grains and no dairy. It's really quite ez and I'm glad you've seen the light- spread the word!

I have left posts on here before saying that a "healthy" diet did nothing for my acne. I tried eating "healthy" for almost two months before with little improvement in my acne.

It is important that you eat the RIGHT things as opposed to what you think is "healthy." On my previous diet, I thought it was OK to eat rice, pasta, and wheat bread. They may be healthy, but they turn out to be the source of my breakouts.

What am I doing now?

All I eat now is 2-3 salads a day (lettuce, cucumber, broccoli, spinach, tomatoes with thousand island dressing) and 3-4 meat patties (either ground chicken, beef, or turkey-- switch it up just so I don't get sick of one) served with one fried egg on top. I also drink lots of Whey protein supplement.

I've been doing this for a month now.

The result? I haven't had a zit in three weeks. Old red marks and scars still are there, but the fact that I haven't had one new zit in three weeks with varying levels of sleep and stress is amazing. I only got three hours the other night and didn't get a single zit (usually I would get zits from lack of sleep).

I have jawline/cheek acne. I never get it on my forehead or chest or back. Just on the jaw/cheek areas. I am also a 25 yr old male. For the last five years or so, I would get at least a zit every couple days. And when one faded away, a new one would form.

But guess what? Now no new ones are forming. I just have to give it time before all my redness subsides and zit marks left from before my special diet go away.

So my message to you guys is that don't confuse "healthy" with "acne-free." Whole wheat bread is very healthy, but it seems to be the cause of my acne. I strongly urge people to try this as it seems like I've tried everything up until now and things are finally looking bright for me.

Eat lots of green vegies (and for those of you who absolutely detest vegies... I did to up until a month ago. Just find a dressing that you like and just load it up on your salads. Yeah, you will get a little sugar probably from the dressing, but the benefits you will get from having the veggies will outweigh the sugar from the dressing. Plus, after awhile you will start to grow a taste for the veggies and you can drop the dressing amoung down). Also eat fried hamburger, chicken, and turkey with eggs. No carbs or wheat gluten there!

Good luck people. I don't have a camera or I'd post pics. But I kid you not about this (yes I have been on here bashing the holistic/diet connection, but I am dumbfounded at what has happened to me this past month. I was thinking about going on accutane but I gave this one last shot-- this time I got the diet RIGHT).

Green vegies + meats + eggs = no acne (I also eat apples). Stay away from the breads and carbs of all kinds (no macaroni, no rice, no more cheese sandwiches). And I have also noticed that when I go out 2-3 times a week and have a bear and a burger, I don't break out. Just don't binge on carbs. The occasional one is fine.

Awesome.

Your diet is very similar to mine and many others.

The low carb, high meat/fat diet seems to work well for a lot of people.

I'm actually very intrigued by this. My skin seems to be slowly improving with time, however, I am still eating carbs; mostly from oatmeal in the morning. However, I recently discovered that I'm eating about 50 g worth of carbs in that one sitting! I'm doing pretty well as far as sugar goes-not eating much there. (Although I do cave a bit sometimes). So you started to get 100% clear after COMPLETELY cutting out carbs? I still eat rice sometimes...I don't know if it gives me a problem *shrug*. No bread though. Just rice occasionally and oatmeal every morning. Is there a certain amount of carbs one should shoot to stay below each day? (I.E. <60). Haha sorry to bombard you man, I've just been on the verge of success for quite a while here, and I'm really eager to get past 90% clear and go for that final 100%!!

Thanks!

If anyone else has advice, please chime in!

Quick edit: I also work out about 4 times a week...Does that affect the amount of carbs you can take in?

If I were you, I would cut out ALL carbs entirely (the occasional one is fine-- just no more daily oatmeal or cereal... or nightly sandwich... etc). See what it does. It has done wonders for me.

I literally live off of salads (lettuce, spinach, broccoli, cucumber, tomato), apples, ground beef, ground turkey, and ground chicken (I fry an egg with the meat patties and serve the egg on top of the meat-- tastes great! And don't use ketchup... lots of sugar there). I also try to drink at least a liter of water a day.

I would be super strict for a few weeks and see what it does. If you see improvement, keep at it. If not, maybe slip some oatmeal back in.

All I know is that my first time trying the "healthy" diet I did not toss out wheat bread, grain cereals, and oatmeal b/c I always considered them "healthy." I just avoided candy/pop and the like.

Just remember that "healthy" might not coincide with "acne-free." I am about four weeks in or so of this diet, and haven't had a SINGLE NEW ZIT in three weeks (prior to this I would get one at least every other day-- and lots of big painful cysts, too). Redness and old red marks are still there, but as long as I am not getting new breakouts... I just need to wait those out and I should be clear :).

Good luck.

And as far as a specific number of carbs, I have no idea. The ONLY bad carbs I get are from my salad dressing (very minimal). Hack the oatmeal, bro! Find a salad dressing you like and you'll slowly start to like salads-- trust me-- I used to puke at the sight of lettuce/broccoli, but now I LOVE it with thousand island dressing :).

If I were you, I would cut out ALL carbs entirely (the occasional one is fine-- just no more daily oatmeal or cereal... or nightly sandwich... etc). See what it does. It has done wonders for me.

I literally live off of salads (lettuce, spinach, broccoli, cucumber, tomato), apples, ground beef, ground turkey, and ground chicken (I fry an egg with the meat patties and serve the egg on top of the meat-- tastes great! And don't use ketchup... lots of sugar there). I also try to drink at least a liter of water a day.

I would be super strict for a few weeks and see what it does. If you see improvement, keep at it. If not, maybe slip some oatmeal back in.

All I know is that my first time trying the "healthy" diet I did not toss out wheat bread, grain cereals, and oatmeal b/c I always considered them "healthy." I just avoided candy/pop and the like.

Just remember that "healthy" might not coincide with "acne-free." I am about four weeks in or so of this diet, and haven't had a SINGLE NEW ZIT in three weeks (prior to this I would get one at least every other day-- and lots of big painful cysts, too). Redness and old red marks are still there, but as long as I am not getting new breakouts... I just need to wait those out and I should be clear :).

Good luck.

And as far as a specific number of carbs, I have no idea. The ONLY bad carbs I get are from my salad dressing (very minimal). Hack the oatmeal, bro! Find a salad dressing you like and you'll slowly start to like salads-- trust me-- I used to puke at the sight of lettuce/broccoli, but now I LOVE it with thousand island dressing :).

THANX FOR POSTING!!!! This is another success story of diet. The only difference to me from this is no fried foods at all! Any meat I eat (usually white meat) is either steamed, baked, broiled or bbqed. Fried foods make me break out and my health care professional warned me about them long ago, and not just for skin!

dude awesome!!

I was in your diet for 2 weeks and I improved a lot, but I started eating diary and I broke out.. now I'm back to the drawing board and this time I will get it right!

so what kind of whey protein do you take??

also you said you eat salads and meat but could you make like an outline for example

morning: salad

after breakfast: protein shake

lunch:meat

dinner: salad and meat

hey ppl, i read that you said, you take protein. i have whey protein with vanilla flavor, would you guys recommend me to take it? if so how much?